TacticalN29

Can you take tents to different servers?

No, I'm not asking if tents transfer servers, what I'm wondering is if you take everything out of a tent and pack it up can you take it with you to another server and set it up?

Yes you can, it's a good idea to spread your tents across multiple servers, I learnt my lesson when I had a weeks worth of gear and multiple tents on a single server that simply shutdown and never returned.

A word of warning, there is a bug in 1.7.2.5 that causes any items you save in your tents to not save/dissapear when the server restarts.

At this stage of DayZ, it's a brilliant idea to join a clan and start playing on a dedicated clan server. Adds more security plus most clan servers are rolling back to 1.7.2.4 which allows vehicles to actually save.

A word of warning, there is a bug in 1.7.2.5 that causes any items you save in your tents to not save/dissapear when the server restarts.

That bug has been there for a long time throughout 1.7.2.4

And by what you said, i assume it hasn't been fixed this patch either. Let's Hope 1.7.3 will do something about server savings (tents such as vehicles not saving on server restart).