Sign in to follow this  
FingersOHooligan

Camo Neting/Mesh

What would the general consensus be on having a type of camo netting or mesh in order to cover up vehicles i.e hide them.

Would make sense to be able to hide from choppers passing over then landing and stealing your beans from inside.

Just saying

I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I think it'd be a waste of dev time. It wouldn't make any real difference, something that big isn't going to blend in no matter what you do. It's so easy to spot anything from air if you're looking.

• Like 1

And there it is again. The 1094230498th thread regarding this.

How about using "Search"?

• Like 1

There should be different ways to hide/store items, besides giant light-colored tents or vehicles that cannot be hidden well. Perhaps a new kind of "Ghillie Tent" that is much better camouflaged. Or, maybe we could create an in-ground, discreet supply cache using the entrenching tool.

It is currently a little bit ridiculous that people can get the one helicopter on the server and just fly around mapping out every single tent and vehicle in an area. The stuff is extremely easy to see from the air due to the restrictions on placement and the lack of good hiding spots with thick foliage and canopy to protect from air detection.

There should be different ways to hide/store items, besides giant light-colored tents or vehicles that cannot be hidden well. Perhaps a new kind of "Ghillie Tent" that is much better camouflaged. Or, maybe we could create an in-ground, discreet supply cache using the entrenching tool.

It is currently a little bit ridiculous that people can get the one helicopter on the server and just fly around mapping out every single tent and vehicle in an area. The stuff is extremely easy to see from the air due to the restrictions on placement and the lack of good hiding spots with thick foliage and canopy to protect from air detection.

That helicopter is equally able to be shot down as well. That being said I really like the idea of camo nets being supported in the game and contributing to the overall base building aspect of the game