JoJolooksat

Humanity reset? Is it possible?

Yeah, so I logged in after updating the other day and i'm -2000 humanity.

See, I've always wanted to be a good player, but before the patch everyone wanted to be horrible bandits, so... I always had to kill more than help

But now I'm finding it really hard to get my humanity back up, is there any way I can reset my humanity and start from scratch and be a better player seeing

as there is more incentive for people to be nicer players?

• Like 1

Does it not reset when you respawn?

Give Bloodbags to ppl. Though it will be kinda hard to find someone that trusts you...(best if you know someone IRL) and that you can trust so he doesnt kill you.

And, dunno, but I think if you respawn it also resets.

• Like 1

Humanity persists through death, but it increases by simply not killing people who have a positive humanity (blood bags speed it up more, but just living in the woods will get you out of it in a decent amount of time too).

• Like 1

haha i've been playing for 2 months and i'm on +3450 cause well i'm not a player killer.. you brought it on yourself and there is no way to reset it and it carries over from life to life now so i'm afraid your stuck with it.

^You're the reason I hate playing this game sometimes

• Like 4

Who cares.

Wear it with honor, instead of bitching about it.

I have -687K humanity.

I love the bandit skin and you should too. Don't be a sad sap. It is only a video game. Sheesh!

Bad ass alert.

• Like 2

Do good and your humanity will soon grow. Or you could take the lazy option and just stay a bandit. So much easier than trying to improve, which requires effort.

If you go to dayz wiki and type Humanity into the search box, it brings up a detailed explanation of how many points you can and lose and for what actions.

Spent ten minutes trying to paste a link here for you to click but it won't let me, sorry.

Edited by Sula

Who cares.

Wear it with honor, instead of bitching about it.

I have -687K humanity.

I love the bandit skin and you should too. Don't be a sad sap. It is only a video game. Sheesh!

How could you love the bandit skin when it is ugly as hell? In my opinion the heroskin is much more cooler

Well, if you have a friend who trusts you, or make some in game, give each other blood, medications, bandages, etc. It raises humanity.

Or... if nothing else... you could uninstall your version of Arma, purchase another one, and reinstall the new one. ;)

Hey, whoever said doing good in the world was free, eh? :P

• Like 1

I really think the negative status should have a cap. Going both ways. Also I've noticed sometimes killing people with a bandit skin will lower my humanity and sometimes it raises it. That just isn't right. I'm not allowed to preemptively defend myself from someone who is a bandit?

I'm at 17000 humanity currently, because I medic and bandit hunt, I recommend those being the most risky, most fun, and quickest way to increase your humanity. happy hunting.

Wow this thread is old, but I still hope to get some replies:

Did anyone ever try to reinstall the mod as well as Arma 2 itself and carefully clean out the windows registry? I used to think that all you character information were linked to your steam account, but since not everybody uses steam to play Arma 2 that might be wrong and reinstalling would allow you a fresh start.

I will try this sometime next week because I am frustrated. After playing good for a long time and gaining over 6.000 humanity (bringing me up to nearly -15.000) I took out 2 snipers in Cherno who were shooting even unarmed people. As it turns out one of them was a survivor and the other one a combat logging hero and now I am back at -20.000 humanity. I will not try to be the good guy again to become a survivor, so if reinstalling doesnt work, its kill on sight only for me.

If somebody already tried it, please reply!

Did anyone ever try to reinstall the mod as well as Arma 2 itself and carefully clean out the windows registry? I used to think that all you character information were linked to your steam account, but since not everybody uses steam to play Arma 2 that might be wrong and reinstalling would allow you a fresh start.

Humanity is bound to your profile in the database of the server, which is bound to your player-ID. That player-ID is bound to your CD-Key, so no way in changing that by altering your registry.

If it is on a publichive server there's nothing you or anyone can do.

Old thread is old. It shall sleep...

Edited by kichilron