uptime

Social Network DayZ

(Google Translator)

You can add to Friends any people you want. Maybe you talked to somebody in forum and you think he is good (you trust him).

If people your friend, you can:

- see what server he plays and join to this server (and he will know about it - ?)

- see him in the list of players on the server (different color)

- see him in game - maybe different skin (hero skin?), or you can see his name (even on veteran server) another color

- see his list of friends (?), and enemies (in his profile)

You also can mark player as enemy. Then you will see him in bandit skin.

And you can use bandit skin purposely (mask, scarf) and your friends cant recognize you (to rob them). But if they will remove the mask (scarf) after your dead (fainting), they will recognize you. And they can tell about you to all, they can make sb. squeal (to bulldoze? blackmail?) you, or join you =)

Pro:

You can play with people you trust.

You can easily find your friends.

You can create community.

If you see a bandit - you know that he is really your enemy.

Edited by uptime
  • Like 2

You have exactly same idea as I try to promote. I'm glad to see somebody else with same opinion.

Social network opens great opportunities. Server selecting, clans, alliances, well-developed system of "friend or foe" marks like "my friend", "enemy of my friend", "allied clan member" and etc and etc.

Personally I do not support "one-side" skin changing since I believe that clothing/skins should be same both on server and all clients to prevent confusions and allow fine outfit customisation.

However features like player's identity recognition while projection of his character face reach certain square and using mask to hide your own face seems really fine for me. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Steam?

/thread

I'm sure something like this will be featured in he standalone though.

• Like 2

For the part of seeing where your friend is playing you can simply use DayZCommander. (Click HERE for more information)

• Like 1