Chronokiller

A Hacker has ruined my DayZ Experience...

Well I think I'm done with DayZ. I was excited when I heard it was going stand-alone so I could buy the game and have hours of fun with it but n ow thats all changed.

I ran into a hacker who was right behind me when I logged in...He laughed and killed me. The end.

I really liked this game but to know people can rampantly just teleport around with god-mode has turned me away from the game.

Since the initial incidient I've been being almost hunted by this hacker consistantly after I tried to plea to him for my gear back. He follows me into every server I'm on to destroy all the vehicles and tents now.

Fuck this game.

Sincerely, an Enthusiastic Gamer

TLDR; Hacker made me quit the game and changed my mind about buying DayZ once it comes out.

Hacking won't be a problem, atleast not on this scale, when the standalone is out. It comes down to core Arma 2 mechanics being abused that just are simply not designed for use with DayZ play.

Sure, DayZ standalone will be using the Arma engine, but they'll be able to modify the actual core of the engine itself to suit DayZ's needs. Which, in my conjecture, should mean that scripting and all the thunderdoming just won't exist in the game at all, and therefore cannot be abused.

Hold in there for the standalone, I say

well here is some advice for you "an Enthusiastic Gamer"

- STOP BEING A LITTLE BITCH AND DEAL WITH IT, every game has its problems, like in this game hackers..

• Like 2

Well that is one of the major reasons they are going standalone, thanks for helping to test, report bugs and give feedback during your time with the alpha.

Play on a server who have a proactive admin in charge. Honestly, there's more to anti-cheat than people getting kicked for infractions.

• Like 1

I tried playing with "Proactive" admins.

They banned me when they were having issues because I was the last to join.

And honestly even if there is an ESP Hack available for the DayZ Standalone... that would just be too game-breaking for me.

I guess I'll just have to wait until a real zombie apocolypse before I'll be able to effectively hide gear in tents up north.

Really?

And honestly even if there is an ESP Hack available for the DayZ Standalone... that would just be too game-breaking for me.

I guess I'll just have to wait until a real zombie apocolypse before I'll be able to effectively hide gear in tents up north.

Nothing like managing your expectations :lol:

I don't want to sound like a dick but this game is in the Alpha stage it still has a lot of work before it is considered a finished product and the developer has stated he is going to address the hacking problem. I know your probably just another guy who has no idea about anything in the computer world but I would think since pretty much everywhere tests their product before it comes out you would expect some sort of glitchiness. Whether this be zombies hitting you through the walls and floor, logging in and being unconscious for 3 minutes without logging out with shock, logging back in and finding yourself in the debug area or having hackers end your pitiful existence. Honestly I am glad your going to call it quits with Dayz because that's one more server slot for people who may be productive with the game and submit feedback other than "Hackers killed me I am done playing this game wah wah wah wah wah".

Btw to think the hacker would give you your gear back is so stupid, if I were him I would server hunt you to the best of my ability after having you beg for your stuff back you were pretty much begging him to troll you. You lost your shit it happens most of the game is getting your gear together and surviving enjoy.

Also you obviously have no idea what your talking about with proactive admins, what he means is someone who keeps a eye on the logs and bans people that seem to create suspiscious activity like without dieing crossing the entire map in seconds. If you got banned upon entering either one of two things occured. 1 You did something suspicious 2 You filled a spot on the server someone was reserving for their clan or buddies, it happens qq.

Edited by Jvo

Well I think I'm done with DayZ. I was excited when I heard it was going stand-alone so I could buy the game and have hours of fun with it but n ow thats all changed.

I ran into a hacker who was right behind me when I logged in...He laughed and killed me. The end.

I really liked this game but to know people can rampantly just teleport around with god-mode has turned me away from the game.

Since the initial incidient I've been being almost hunted by this hacker consistantly after I tried to plea to him for my gear back. He follows me into every server I'm on to destroy all the vehicles and tents now.

Fuck this game.

TLDR; Hacker made me quit the game and changed my mind about buying DayZ once it comes out.

That's a shame, Chrono. Have you heard of myg0t? They live for this sort of reading material. Best not to post stuff like this if you can help it.

Which server was this? Admins get things wrong, too. And some are quick to jump to conclusions without fully-backed evidence.

If you got banned upon entering either one of two things occured. 1 You did something suspicious 2 You filled a spot on the server someone was reserving for their clan or buddies, it happens qq.

Add:

3. The player slot you occupied when you joined the server was previously occupied by the offending player. So he left before the admin put the ban command through, but not before (or at all) realising that his ban command by playerslot would take effect on you.

Did you appeal this ban on that server's forums Chronokiller?

• Like 1

Fuck this game.

Dear Chronokiller, an Enthusiastic Gamer, :)

I can write allot of reasons why you shouldn`t give up. I read the replies above me and i agree. In short, problem will be resolved soon. Allot of progress have been made in the past few DayZ. Don`t wait for the Standalone version, but play this Alpha to the fullest!

PS : You don`t fuck DayZ, DayZ fucks you :)

Stick around!

Add:

3. The player slot you occupied when you joined the server was previously occupied by the offending player. So he left before the admin put the ban command through, but not before (or at all) realising that his ban command by playerslot would take effect on you.

Did you appeal this ban on that server's forums Chronokiller?

Good point didn't think of that. I have seen what the admin interface looks like and that would be a easy mistake.

• Like 1

well here is some advice for you "an Enthusiastic Gamer"

- STOP BEING A LITTLE BITCH AND DEAL WITH IT, every game has its problems, like in this game hackers..

STFU hackers have RUINED this game i was playing a few hrs before work collecting gear on a server with 5 people and was teleported and killed FUCK THIS SHIT until something is done about these hackers i also quit.

Edited by xxnickpwnsxx

Which server was this? Admins get things wrong, too. And some are quick to jump to conclusions without fully-backed evidence.

Zust 100% Vehicle Spawns 66.150.164.168:2302

just dupe ur gear so when youdie you can get it back.

Not when the hacker comes in and smashes every tent on the server with a single script.

Not when the hacker comes in and smashes every tent on the server with a single script.

Dude getting your stuff back really isn't that hard, not every hacker comes in and smashes everything either. The most common I thing I see is teleporting nearby and being invincible. Which yes can suck but it happens, if it deters you that much then you should quit and stop wasting time argueing your point with a bunch of strangers on the internet. I just wanted to say props to the million players who play dayz and deal with this instead of whining and talking about how you think your gonna quit on a forum in a alpha stage ADDON not game addon.

First time I ever log into Dayz:

Die a few times because I wasn't stealthy enough to avoid zombies.

Finally get my hands on a hatchet, kill a few zombies.

Nearly die from thirst and starvation because I'm a noob at scavenging.

Suddenly, guy with a ghillie suit and NVG comes out of nowhere.

I say "Boy it's sure good to see another player! These zombies freak me out" or something like that.

He lays down a box for me, full of weapons, and tells me to take my pick.

Woo! Finally, things are going my way!

We parade across the map, slaughtering zombies left right and center.

I ask him how he gets such good gear.

He tells me he's a hacker.

He also tells me he's the worlds nicest hacker, and that this was my lucky day.

Calls himself the "Survival Jesus".

And from that day on, I was a believer. Jesus has returned to earth, and he hacks Dayz and helps out noobs. XD

• Like 1

I wonder what magical anti-hacking force field you think they're concocting right now? You guys are chumps to think that the hacking will drop significantly. No, the legitimate player population will drop after 2 weeks of first day sales because it's going to be the exact same thing. You have 12 year olds making private bypasses for their scripts, ffs, and to be honest, I've been playing steadily (every day, 6-8+ hours a day for...well, quite some time now), and it's getting worse and worse as the days go on (both in-game and in the forums). It's all thanks to "Survival Jesus" and the like, streaming their good will or careless destruction, and then linking to a website that offers "100%workingarma2scriptinjector". Don't get me wrong, it's not the game itself; The game is amazing and continues to strive toward a better game, but slapping a "standalone" label on it doesn't automatically mean that it's not going to have the f*cking shit hacked out of it.

Seriously, If I can google working scripts + BE bypass in 2 seconds, its not the hackers who are the problem. If BI cant fix their own shit, how can you blame the hackers that hacking is so easy every retarded kid can use it ?

Edited by Roboserg