Adam (DayZ)

DayZ Update 1.4.3

We are rolling out the new 1.4 update over the next hour that brings a few major changes.

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.4.3

* dayz 1.2

Make sure you get these here: http://mediafire.com/dayz

Changelog:

* [FIXED] PVP cooldown still activated on death (should be cleared so can respawn)

* [FIXED] Backpack exploitable on disconnect

* [FIXED] People can exploit unsaved states by disconnecting or alt+F4 before save

* [FIXED] Characters with alot in their backpack/inventory not able to connect (stuck at loading)

* [FIXED] Fires can be placed in really screwed places

* [FIXED] Tents require too long distance from other items

* [FIXED] Multiple people can gut one animal

* [NEW] All statistics now syncronized on disconnection, as well as regulary

* [NEW] Players now have lower humanity when they kill survivors (-30) and bandits (-5)

* [NEW] Players will change model to a Bandit when their humanity drops below 100

* [NEW] Removed Space Bar binding

* [NEW] Removed automatic respawn (more trouble than its worth) - players must go to player selection and back

* [NEW] PTT is disabled for "All, Side, Command" and enabled for "Direct, Group, Vehicle"

* [NEW] Offline Hunger/Thirst removed. You will still consume food/water, but running out will not screw you

* [NEW] ~200 static objects added to Chernogorsk

* [NEW] ~100 static objects added to Stary Sobor

* [NEW] Tented camps now may spawn loot

Important Notes:

* You will need to Bind a key for Direct Communication Push to Talk (PTT) if you want to use PTT, as it has been disabled for every use except direct, group, and vehicle. To do this, go into controls and set Push to Talk Direct to the key you wish to map (such as the CAPS LOCK key).

Awesome, can't wait!

The server that I was on went down and I kind of "wtfd" and then came here with a big smile :D

Servers keep crashing non stop right now....

Especially US2, cant play for 5 minutes without everyone getting "no message received".

Too much information sending. You will have to optimize/reduce data being sent

Yea servers keep going down, I just noticed that two different items were affected for this update but I was only using dayz code 1.4.3, only just got the v1.2 files now, was able to join before. Maybe that's causing issues?

Too much information sending. You will have to optimize/reduce data being sent

Probable, but that would only most likely result in more desync (which I haven't seen) and not crashes.

My guess is a server side scripting error or exception that hasn't been handled, probably database related.

Yes Servers Keep Going Down

I would imagine that they had a testin server for the new updates

My server (the FR one) didn't crash so far... But I'm stuck on "Loading..." since 1.4.3 :(

I think I saw the NZ server have the update on it about 1-2 days before the rest, probably worked just only 27 players max at one time, but I have no clue to be honest just gotta sit and wait.

Seems like the servers fill up with people then crash.

Had this happen a few times in a row, would come in move around for 5 or so minutes then get red chain...

Rinse and repeat a few times then gave up.

The server player caps might have to be lowered across the board to 20-30