shan735

New Update Problem?

Hi all :)

Ever since I've downloaded v1.7.2.5 update, I've been unable to join my favourite server (which is where I'm camped) as it is stuck on the loading screen.

Obviously, I thought "Ah well, perhaps I'll come back in a few days".

Anyway, I decided to go to different servers, however I find that when I go to the game, the game is very slow?

It used to operate smoothly but now it's like

"D...R...A....K......O...N" or "A.............IR....F...I...E....L...D" etc.

Has anyone else gotten this lately? And has anyone found the solution?

Hope you're all having fun otherwise. This game is brilliant :)

yep, had this exact problem.... until i restarted my pc.

I was fiddling around with graphics settings and all but mine was a simple fix, hope your is too!

I have had this too, but i believe it had to do with the server, not my installation.

I didn't restart i just went to different server and all was fine again, went back to the other server and i had the super lag again.

So i think it is the server, not you.

I have the same problem ever since the update, stuck on loading for ages and laggy gameplay when I finally manage to get beyond the loading screen.

Funny thing is that this isn't on all servers and sometimes I find a server that just runs smoothly, so maybe it's a server problem? What helps is joining a server that is 1/2 full, seeing as mostly empty servers are almost always bad/broken/laggy servers.

Still, this is just a temporary solution to the problem and it should be fixed later on, I hope.

snip

Bad FPS can be (and many times is) because of the server. Some servers just give a terrible fps. Also if you are stuck on the loading screen for your normal server, it's propable because they are not on the same Arma2OA beta/DayZ version as you are.

Stuck in the loding screen usually happens when you try to join a server that has many people on it, and it's not "a 1.7.2.5 feature", this has been the case for the previous versions too.

I DL'd and played DayZ once after finding an old server running on old ArmA II/DayZ version. The minute I updated all the files to their most current versions I was no longer able to connect to any DayZ servers. I either was stuck at "Waiting on Host" screen or the "Loading" screen.

This is unfortunate as I've tried using SixUpdater, DayZCommander, and launching via the game itself and nothing works. I gave up after hours of trying. It's okay though... GW2 stress test later today so I'll have that to play at least. Hope they get this version of DayZ fixed because IT IS killing the gameplay experience for far too many of DayZ players.

• Like 1

um i keep being respawned with all my stuff on the beach XD. its okay because we have cars in our group its a bit of a pain risking the drive through cities

I had this for 4 days. The problem was gone after i died.. Good luck with that shit bug.