Jonny45412

Whats your worst Dayz luck?

rolled my scooby doo van on it's roof 5 minutes after spending 2 hours fixing it.

Spent 3 hours repairing the 4x4 truck at Myshkino, I finally found the last tire I needed at NW Airfield and started the trek back. I'm about 600m from the truck, pull out my rangefinder, the truck is still there. So I head to the truck. No more than 20m away from the truck I kill a handful of Zeds to clear out the area. Zeds are dead. I turn to the truck. It's gone. Just... gone. No one stole it. I would have heard them drive off. To this day I still can't fathom the bad luck I had that night. It was just gone...

Helicopter pilot getting kicked for a script use, with passengers inside.

Farming NWAF's across the world for a NVG set for 8 days

Escaping a thunder dome on one server, and joining in the middle of nuking on another

Let's just narrow it down to "playing the game".

• Like 1

found a V3S 2 Days ago, yesterday a big camp, looted it, saved the v3s, Serverrestart, everything gone. -___-

have to drive to the camp again...

Surviving players, hackers, hordes of zombies, but getting killed by ladders, rocks or even random respawns.

Also blowing up a tractor for lagging into a tree. Parking a heli on a slight slope only for it to slide off and crash and burn. Flying about 20 meters above a tree but still getting caught in it.

Working an hour or so getting all the stuff to fix the bus in cherno, then hitting a small piece of rubble on the road on my way out of town. Tyre blown, having to go back into cherno to find a new tyre.

Even more so: dying because of a bug and then having a server restart instantly. Body gone. And that happened more than once.

Edited by Augurk

Yesterday I was all geared up. We had our first tent set up and decided we needed some medical supplies to store in our tent.

Our server was very low populated, 3 players playing. My friend, my self and another player. I walked into a barn, up the stairs and scared the shit out of myself, there was a guy laying on the floor in ghillie suit with an axe in his hands. I panic sprayed him with 3 makarov bullets and then had to reload. He hit me one time with his axe and knocked me out, killed me, looted me and quickly logged out before my friend came rushing in...

3 players in a server and I stumble over him in a shady barn.. What the fuck!

• Like 1

Letting my friend drive for 10 minutes. Drives though a town, hits a rumble pile. Car exploses, kills him, throws me out, shock, broken bones, bleeding, knocked out, and zombies eating my face because of the explosion..

fail was def the word.

Hah this happened to me and my friend as well, although i was the one driving. Hit a pile of rubble at like 4km/s and he dies, i get knocked out with 1,5k blood. I log out, and my friend runs for half an hour and saves me.

2 hours later we find a bus, spend ages repairing it and drive it off into the forest to save it in a safe place. After driving at elast 2 km to the middle of nowhere i get out to save it and is instantly shot to 648 blood. It all ends with my friend logging back on the next day saving my ass.

I guess vehicles just arent our thing.

Yesterday, on CA 16, I've log in a forest in the middle of nowhere (north west of the map).

It was during my lunch time, so I was eating while playing. I thought I saw something moving...I check: bah ... it's probable a tree...

I tale another bite, and bang the "you are dead" screen appears!

Good bye my 30 days character, in less than 2 minutes after I've log in. Badddddd luck ;)

Now I can start fresh at the beach ... And I'll pay more attention, no mather where I am... ;)

I was walking down a country road somewhere west of berezino on a very lightly populated server (three or four people). I think I hear an engine through my music so I stop. I get hit by a bus. At least I think it was a bus.

I spend an hour fixing a car I found at a farm. I get in and drive around a bit. Everyone in the server dies. Including me. I lose all the wonderful military grade gear I have and in the side chat I just see cries of pain and suffering. (This was before side chat was removed)

Spent two weeks finding a vehicle with large coyote backpack stuffed with parts and jerrys, passed by a huge amount of cool stuff.

Still, didn't found a bycicle.

Survived a bandit attack in Elektro fire station, only to glitch into the wall and die. Patient overwatched my corpse, I regeared and found an old bike at the lighthouse. Immediately killed myself riding down a hillside. The bike was fine but the patient may have injured himself laughing.

Our party managed to kill a confirmed scripter in the woods, and we were all making our escape when our bodyguard reversed the truck over me.

In further bicycle adventures I confess to being a bit of a zed kiter. I love breezing through town dinging my merry little bell, getting the undead all riled up and Benny Hilling after me. Until the bike stops dead in a field, having found the one (and invisible) rock for miles around. Needless to say the horde devoured me. I still love bicycles and have yet to learn my lesson.

Was fully kitted out under a tree waiting for a buddy to hop on turned and was murdered by the tree. Was north east side of the map. When I spawned I was as far sout east as you can get. Was a long long long way back. Got sniped on the way respawned next to balota thunder domed by a hacker. Sad sad day

Was running towards a buddy of mine while he was on the phone and couldn't hear anything, 5 metres next to him is a bandit who shoots me down.

I managed to get off a few shots at him, but of course he combat logged (idiot).

I yelled and screamed to my friend, but to no avail! I bled to death.

He came back just as i respawned. He had no idea what just happened a couple metres next to him!

When a spruce tree decided that I was too close to him and his mate and hit me 11k damage, leaving me bleed to death while stunned.

I was just now laying prone with DMR and fulll toolbelt and full alice pack, in a 50/50 server then suddenly it said I died, and went to the death screen. Didn't move, didn't hear anything I was totally alone. Immediately disconnected and reconnected to another server, and there I am good as new like it never happened. Worst luck or best luck?

Take your pick:

1) Being alive for over 2 weeks had decent gear such as an M249 and about 4 ammo boxes and died by falling into the quarry. Well I fell a distance, went unconscious, woke up, bandaged my wounds and as I was applying the bandage I slipped further down the hill and died.

2) This weekend I found my first ever coyote backpack in a deer stand, then came across an AS50 at a crash site. Managed to fire a grand total of 2 rounds from the AS50 just to test it out, before needing to log out and give the game a rest for the day. Logged back in the next day and the backpack was gone, along with my AS50. Took me about an hour to find another backpack, and the first pack I came across when normally finding Alice packs in every supermarket? A Czech vest pouch.

Best luck? Trading shots with a bandit one night, he shot at me with an MP5S and I strafed and he didn't hit me, I returned fire and got a head shot (he proned, so the head shot was less skill and more inevitable, as that was all I had to shoot at). He then called me a cheater after dying and I thought "screw you, I didn't start the shooting and its not my fault your a bad shot". I then looted the body and it was then I realised I was down from 12000 blood to 1600! Turns out he wasn't that bad of a shot and if I hadn't realised and applied a bandage I would have been dead (I had no idea as it was already dark so I didn't notice the screen go black and white). Next few hours were spent hunting and falling unconscious but in the end I managed to get back to full health; this is also the same character that died by falling in the quarry, so wasn't a fairy tale ending.

• Like 1

Couple of guys trying to kill me from a chopper while having nothing but an axe... Failed miserably...

Walked away with a M9SD, M4A3 CCO, medicine, food, water... The works

Only to die an hour later by crouching under a pinetree

Story 1:Went to loot the barracks and all that had spawned at both barracks were tin cans, whiskey bottles, bandages, painkillers and morphine. Piles of these in every room and in the hallway, no guns no ammo just crap.

Story 2:Grabbed an M14 AIM from a chopper crash sight then found a tent city in the northern part of the map and logged out 10 minutes later with some neat loot. Logged in and died because of the spawning bugs in 1.7.2.5. Logged back in again to have spawned at the coast with nothing but my guille suit on also my debug menu had vanished.

I always think that DayZ likes to lie in wait ... and then getcha!

last night I was running away from a town as night was falling, thinking how zombies aren't really a threat if you know how to deal with them.

Ran straight into a deerstand I hadn't seen and spent the next five minutes desperately shooting down three zombie soldiers in the dark while bleeding like a stuck pig.

I survived.... just.

Spawned into a new server flew up into the 100 yards broke a bone and got knocked down to 38k negative blood got back up to 12k and died 10 sec later. Respawned with out me being able to pick male/female again and i still had my old stats and days alive but no nothing on me. FML got my first AS50 and did not even get to shoot it :(

This is kinda my best and worst luck together. Im mooching through the hills on the far west, checking those car locations, i go up a sapling covered hill and as i get to the top, Hallelujah a bus is there, wait is that a tractor behind it, sure is and omg there's about 8 tents dotted around with 4 in a circle. One has an m107 and about 7 mags. I'm like grab that jump in the bus, bus was green but under a quarter fuel. i drive it down the hill and took it down a valley still on the west side to stash it and go look for jerry cans. I park up miles from anywhere, jump out, equip ghillie suit and hide under a tree while i roll a smoke. Not more than 2mins later i'm suddenly dead. meh lol. Anyway new life i loot 1 drink and run all the way back. Bus and body gone, i just raid the tents again and take a DMR with 9 mags and another ghillie. If your not a bandit and it was your stuff i'd happily give it back and would even join your group as tailend charlie or supply runner.

I was just now laying prone with DMR and fulll toolbelt and full alice pack, in a 50/50 server then suddenly it said I died, and went to the death screen. Didn't move, didn't hear anything I was totally alone. Immediately disconnected and reconnected to another server, and there I am good as new like it never happened. Worst luck or best luck?

Well I just logged in today and all my gear is gone. That was a 4 week old dude, with full gear. Time to take another break from this broken ass piece of shit game until its fixed.