VeqzeR

My experience of DayZ mod...

Okay well, i really enjoyed playing it until random shit started happening...

Yesterday i was at the NW airfield after hours of game time played, i fell down no more then three stairs in the fire station and broke my leg thus putting me in shock,

little did i know logging out while in shock grants a lovely 10 minutes of unconsciousness if you are to log off while in shock, so i logged off to get a drink and i logged back in, with a broken leg, in shock and bleeding with a 10 minute or so timer of being unconscious. I died, lost all my shit, didn't really care.

Today i played again, looted elektro and cherno then made my way north, through the small towns with supermarkets in, eventually i got to stary which is quite a long run with looting places on the way, i looted the tents and the supermarket, laid in a bush 200m from the town and logged off for abit, then i logged back on and I'd been spawned back in the "debug forrest"? so i basically spent then next 2 hours running all the way back and looting the tree stands ect on the way back.

Then about 10 minutes away from stary i found a downed chopped (naturally spawned) and looted a M14 Aim and a ghillie suit and stored both in my coyote backpack and about 2 minutes after i get red de-sync and i remember from some youtube video you have to wait abit in game or the newly looted items will be gone upon re-log, so i let it go to "no message received for 70 seconds" at that point i aborted and went to a new server, to find i was back to elekro coastal spawn with no items atall apart from my camo clothes and my stats were still the same.

And yes i tried 5 other servers after, still the same spawn with fuck all items. Can someone please tell me what happened? or what the fuck is wrong with the game i bought from steam, why release a game which is probably less than half fully developed. I'd of rather waited the months till It's a completed game than spend hour and hour running back/ re-looting all the shit i lost time and time again due to nothing but awful game mechanics.

Thanks for any useful input in advance.

Feel free to discuss.

Edited by VeqzeR

You didnt buy DayZ but you bought Arma 2. DayZ is just a mod thats in alpha stage. If you cant deal with the bugs then stay away from it.

~Yes, if you want while you wait you can play on Arma 2 - wow didn't think of that?

You can test weapons play with choppers do missions and even go online and do it all with people.

You didnt buy DayZ but you bought Arma 2. DayZ is just a mod thats in alpha stage. If you cant deal with the bugs then stay away from it.

what he said.

@ToBbErT,

Cant deal with bugs? i think not being able to re-log is more than a bug, server-saved settings should be the top priority.

Don't post telling me i didn't buy DayZ, like the other however many people who play DayZ on a daily basis I'm sure 95% have never actually loaded up Arma 2.

So like i said, i bought DayZ...

DayZ is a bigger game than arma 2 currently, and both arma 2 and the dayz dev team surely know that, so selling arma 2 with dayz being so under developed is pretty bullshit.

I know they couldn't have done it any other way really but £25 for a beta seems kinda bad, i bought it with the thought that I'd be able to re-log without loosing 100% of the settings that should have been saved.

YOU DIDNT PAY FOR DAY Z ON FUCKING STEAM!

YOU PAID FOR ARMA 2:COMBINED OPS

YOU MAY HAVE PURCHASED ARMA TO PLAY DAY Z

BUT YOU DID NOT PAY FOR DAY Z

InfectiousFTW,

Fuck off with the caps I'm not a fucking idiot. It's like buying a camera with a downloadable feature for free online, with both the camera company and the features company knowing people are only paying for the camera for the feature. THEY'D MAKE SURE IT FUCKING SAVED PICTURES FIRST.

Either none of you people have experienced DayZ, or are just too naive to see my point in question, you all bought Arma to play DayZ, Without DayZ arma would have made such a minuscule amount of money. The least the game could do is save hours of progress.

I admire your positivity towards the game, it is a good game till it doesn't save any of your progress and your forced to start again. Kinda demoralizing for a game that takes near to 2 hours to loot your way to stary/NWAF.

Not saying i hate it, just the fact that 3/4 of the time you lose all your "should be saved" progress is alittle poor. If they put more effort into the mechanics of saving features "save game" rather than taking out the respawn option then maybe i wouldn't have anything to complain about.

like the other however many people who play DayZ on a daily basis I'm sure 95% have never actually loaded up Arma 2.

What .exe do you use when you play DayZ? I use ArmA2OA.exe.... which is Arma 2.... I wasn't aware you were able to play DayZ without loading up Arma 2. I'm not great with computers though, maybe you could explain it?

I'd like to apologize on behalf of the forum for the fucking hating and yelling going on here.

Even if they are right. This is a mod that's barely functional right now. It's not a secret, it's not being marketed as even 10% done. It's not even being marketed yet.

EDIT: Uh, god forbid I miss an i every once in a while.

Edited by MoronToTheKore

@KennyNZ,

I load up "DAYZ"commander which runs DayZ WITH THE ARMA2 ENGINE.

Hence "DAYZ WITH ARMA2 ENGINE".

I load it up to play the game DAYZ THROUGH THE DAYZ LAUNCHER.

You guys have a pretty oblique view on this relevant argument, i know i paid for Arma2, but like i said, it shouldn't be the main attraction to spend money on a DIFFERENT game when the one in question is more then poorly developed.

i know i paid for Arma2

Ok, I'm glad we sorted that out :)

Sounds like you joined a server that wasnt using the same beta as you. Happened to me other day. I had all my uber gear though thank god, was just in kamenka from the NW.

Can someone please tell me what happened? or what the fuck is wrong with the game i bought from steam, why release a game which is probably less than half fully developed. I'd of rather waited the months till It's a completed game than spend hour and hour running back/ re-looting all the shit i lost time and time again due to nothing but awful game mechanics.

Thanks for any useful input in advance.

Feel free to discuss.

Well I don't know, it's a tricky question.. I've been thinking about it alot, but I can't see a single reason why they would want to release a half finished build to the public. The devs must be fucking retarded for releasing a game without testing it.

I remember seeing this alpha tag everywhere when I got the game. I obviously dont know what it means.. I don't think its important, but can anyone tell me?

I'm having similar issues, most people are claiming its an attempt at fixing server hopping.. Personally I think/hope its a bug..

If you read up on the thread ill link below, you'll have a bit of a better understanding as to whats happening.. Basically its happening to me when I try join a server, get the infinate loading screen, quit and try join another server that WORKS - the game is supposedly picking this up as server hopping and the aleged punishment is being sent back to the seaside.

People have suggested making sure your DayZ, ArmA2CO and BattleEye are all manually updated to the latest patches and ONLY join servers running the latest build, on top of that you'll have to do less logging off.

I think that covers most of what you've mentioned.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/68650-rocket-why-are-we-logging-in-on-the-coast/

• Like 1

@Xzite,

Thanks, sounds like a plausible reason for it to happen and yes it would be good if they're fixing the serve hoppers. I'll give it a read, cheers.

I guess I will be the guy who adds more fuel to the fire, Im sure a lot of people did buy Arma2 just to play DayZ BUT and yes there is a but Rocket and his Dev team DID NOT get any of that money... people mod games all the time and normally the mods do nowhere near as well as this mod has done, now here comes the tricky part, This , mod is not your average run of the mill Change something small and release mod this mod Is basically a fresh game using another games graphics/physics and gameplay engine, the ammount of code that has to be custom built for a mod this size is crazy, I remember doing some work for a mod team on Sins of a Solar Empire we had a team of 6 people working on a mod that changed skins and weapon fx and stuff like that all we had to do was change some game code and Getting that to work took a long time,

Rocket and his team decided to LET us play this ALPHA, and its an early alpha at that they owe us nothing we are their testers it is us that owe them for allowing us to be among the first to TEST not PLAY what looks like it is going to be one of the great games of our time.

In short because most people dont read entire forum posts these days Alpha = early in dev not at all close to a full retail release and it is a privilege to test this mod not a right. so rather than people bitchin about bugs use the forum for bug reporting and let the dev team know what you have found.

Rocket and his team decided to LET us play this ALPHA, and its an early alpha at that they owe us nothing we are their testers it is us that owe them for allowing us to be among the first to TEST not PLAY what looks like it is going to be one of the great games of our time.

In short because most people dont read entire forum posts these days Alpha = early in dev not at all close to a full retail release and it is a privilege to test this mod not a right. so rather than people bitchin about bugs use the forum for bug reporting and let the dev team know what you have found.

On that note, I remember listening to a 50 minute interview between Rocket and Sidestrafe on youtube and Rocket basically said that a fair whack of the coding is done by him alone... From what I can remember it was the majority of the games' coding!!

I agree though, people are a bit eager to fire up! But thats just how the internet is these days. As already stated a mod is a mod. You wouldn't buy Half Life 2 and complain that you wasted your money on buying it because Goldeneye Source is shite for example, (no idea what its like, was just an example lol) . At the end of the day its 30 bucks for ArmA2.. I'd gladly pay more than that for ArmA2 any day! It's an amazing game in itself if you give it a chance, DayZ is just a privilage that we've been given to play... Thats how I like to look at it anyway!

Having said that, I still belive this beach spawning thing is a very, VERY bad idea. But Rocket is within his rights to incorperate whatever he wishes.. but thats for another thread I suppose :)

Edited by Xzite

~Yes, if you want while you wait you can play on Arma 2 - wow didn't think of that?

You can test weapons play with choppers do missions and even go online and do it all with people.

what he said: the arma 2 coop missions are tons of fun! try it! you can play with a LOT of people.

Edited by spliff