Sign in to follow this  
mooncabbage

Replace UH-1H with the MH-6J

I think that the UH-1H is a pretty inappropriate choose of helicopter for dayz. I think the MH-6J would be much more appropriate, perhaps with a civilian reskin.

1) It has no guns. The machineguns on the UH-1H make it a silly, overpowered toy that encourage people to mindlessly gun down other players. They add very little and detract a lot.

2) It's more open. People riding on the bench seats are much much more exposed than they would be in the UH-1H. This balances the speed somewhat, with the risk of being shot at.

3) It's smaller. This not only means it can land with considerably less space, it also means it's a lot easier to hide.

4) I personally think it's a lot easier to fly. It's lighter, more responsive, and a lot more forgiving when it comes time to land. That's great news for people who haven't loved flight simulators in the past.

And most importantly:

5) You can do this:

(some modification required).

The story of Dayz takes place where something like this wouldnt be likely to appear. The Huey is so old they are in almost every military force in the world because they are easy to fix and cost almost nothing.

I don't know, the littlebird would stick out to much and its an american chopper.

I wouldn't mind the huey so much if it didn't have the guns on it. I think the MH-6J would be a fun alternative, and with a reskin it could be made to look like a news helicopter or something.

I would love to see a little bird ingame. Maybe he'd be a single-spawn on the map, since metioned above its a american chopper and this story plays in "fictive" russia, and it'd be hard to repair. I love this little helicopter, its a perfect vehicle for short/medium distances and people riding it would be exposed, which would be a fair counterpart of the little bird being that fast.

Edit:

IMO This shouldnt replace the good ol' UH-1, it should be more of an addition.

All those crashed UH-1Ys you find crashed around the map are american helicopters, and I'm not sure you're going to find that many empty bottles of JD in russia, so I don't think inclusions are based entirely on what's russian and what's not. Afterall how many 1866 winchester rifles are you going to find in eastern europe, really?

I think the huey has to go, or atleast the variant with MGs.

If it has to be russian, there are plenty of russian helis. Some of them don't have guns either.

I'm all for this, I love the little bird. It's such good fun to fly - it's like the difference between driving a

and a tank.

Lol, that video is great. I wouldn't want to try any of that without a joystick though :|

6m off the ground and flying under powerlines is shaving it a bit close if you ask me.