tkpfin

Draw distance only 500m after 1.5.3?

i been spewing at the view distance for the last few days aswell, it freaking horrible, i want 10,000 back. It looked amazing.

I thought it was just foggy too at first....then 3 days went by and its STILL foggy, it has to be the view distance.

Changing to 0 - 10,000 never changes. Servers must have it locked to 1.5km's or something.

Are people seriously trying to defend an absurdly low capped draw distance? L-o-L

This game thrives on realism, which includes the amazing draw distance. If you want the technical aspects of the game to be artificially restrained to prevent pvp, this quite simply is not the game for you.

I like the dynamic weather, it's great that it's sometimes foggy. Last night when I was playing it was raining, very atmospheric.

But, there should also be clear days with good visibility. I usually play Arma2 with a view distance of 4000 - 6000 meters. It just looks so much better, and makes navigating easier.

I'd say let client decide view distance, it's really a shame to cap the great gfx engine at 1000 meters or whatever it is. I don't think the sniping problem is a big deal at all, especially with the dynamic weather in place.

Don't like the Weather-Script and sometimes it totally freaks out and changes View Distance in seconds....Pls get rid of it or make changes more slower...

This is fog

0pbz0.jpg

But what is this mess? It looks like there is a huge textureless wall behind the barn.

ffEbQ.jpg

That is what im sick of seeing, a big wall of shit.

I am sick of having 20% rain, 75% fog with view distances from 100-800 meters and 5% normal 1200 meters view.

Remove this script or make a proper one. I live in an area that often has fog but its nowhere near this foggy. Especially not during the day.

And as has been said fog is so UGLY. Rain is atmospheric as is the thunderstorm!

In MP the viewdistance is set by the mission maker, to ensure an even playing field. If no value is set specifically it uses a default value (1200m I think)

In MP the viewdistance is set by the mission maker' date=' to ensure an even playing field. If no value is set specifically it uses a default value (1200m I think)

[/quote']

I think we all know that :)

Fog visibility is sometimes less than 100m, so yeah... 500 aint that bad, bu 1000-1500 is optimal for clear weather i believe.

Draw distance has definitely been lowered. Before "dynamic weather", I used to be able to lay up in the treeline on the hill north of Cherno (west of that little town along the road) and clearly see the lettering on that tall building as well as players camping up there (I love sniping bandits who think they're safe there).

Anyways, since the dynamic weather patch, I have to get so close to Cherno just to see that tower that I can't actually see if anyone's up there because I don't have a good view of it. I haven't once been able to see on top of the tower since that patch and I've put in 116 hours in the past two weeks.

Draw distance has definitely been lowered. Before "dynamic weather"' date=' I used to be able to lay up in the treeline on the hill north of Cherno (west of that little town along the road) and clearly see the lettering on that tall building as well as players camping up there (I love sniping bandits who think they're safe there).

Anyways, since the dynamic weather patch, I have to get so close to Cherno just to see that tower that I can't actually see if anyone's up there because I don't have a good view of it. I haven't once been able to see on top of the tower since that patch and I've put in 116 hours in the past two weeks.

[/quote']

You can switch through 10 servers and 10 servers have fog :P

The weather really is an issue, it may mostly be synced, but lightning flashes don't seem to be at all.

Over the past few days I've been playing with a friend in a few storms, each time we saw a lightning flash we would call it out, and never would it sync up. I don't know about you guys, but I sure would like to know if I have just been lit up like a christmas tree for all to see.

I'm not saying it should be scrapped, but it certainly needs to be improved.