Davidentity

Some ideas i have for reducing Camping bandits

I think some of you know this scenario: respawn at a beach near Electro and getting sniped by some random bandits sitting up in the hills. just to get some playerkills.

We dont have a System that punishes bandits just camping to kill some Players Even tho they are no threat or have no loot.

I think there should be something better and also more realistic than banditskins or Things like that . Im thinking about bird like ravens, crows or vultures that would fly over a camping bandit in expectation to get some fresh meat. The lower the humanity the more birds would fly over the camping bandit. And those birds would despawn when the bandit is on the move again and changes his position for more than 100 meters. In the new location the birds would spawn after 5 minutes. I think this would give away the position of a camper pretty well and make the people think, if it's worthing it to kill unarmed/newly spawned players. May be its also a good idea to designate some pvp zones like stary or nwairfield where those birds wouldnt spawn and where kills doesn't have an effect of humanity because everybody knows that those areas are generally kill or get killed areas.

There are some more ideas I have:

1. Ad an melee ability or item to rifles. Something like a bajonett and make it pretty rare to find.

2. Add some ways to just knock out people. Something like a taser or ko gas or rubber rounds for shotguns. This would give players the option to choose if they want to kill a potential threat or just ko them.

Just some ideas. Feel free to comment.

• Like 1

Spawn with hachet to kill camping bandits in electro

I support the idea of non-lethal weapons. It would add alot more depth into the game. Perhaps people would even start acting like police, arresting bandits etc. After a knock-out you should be able to remove the targets weapon of course.

• Like 1

like those ideas, I also had a couple of ideas that I posted yesterday (http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/71619-ideas-and-suggestion-to-improvebalance-noob-killings-territory-and-other-game-mechanics-semi-long-read/) that had players with low or no humanity that they can't tell the difference between a zombie and a human, where random zombie's start looking like players and players start looking like zombies. Basically they go 'mad' until they do something to improve their humanity, which means making friends, or killing zombies with friends, etc

I also put forward the idea of being killed by a fellow player (and only a player, not a zombie), if you have friends, you are allowed to spawn within 500 metres of them to exact revenge (as often you are killed with friends with one surviving).

there should be no punishing of other play styles in this game(other than hacking / expoliting/ alt f4). Resolve the situation in game.

As anti-bandit suggestions go, that one's actually pretty reasonable.

I'm also in favor of anti-lethal weapons, it would give more player control over the whole bandit situation, which wouldn't necessarily be punished, it owuld be completely up to the playerbase

Crows lurk around death, not death dealers.

Perhaps to that extent, if Elektro was full of crows, you would know there was a currently a hot spot, but there should be no helping hand in definitively locating other players.

I am, however, all for having concussive weaponry in DayZ. Melee and ranged!

Idea isnt bad, supporting this one for real, even tho that its "against" bandits. Couple of times i have run across take a prison situation

it should work clean and fast, but the only issue is that the player witch will be shot wont allways survive and by trying to knock him out the Kidnapper who should grab his body and drag him to the woods will risk his life just to check if his alive or not, hostage situations are lovely..

give some fancy aspect on game..

Would work for bandits and survivors.. knocking player/player's allways could improve the game exprience for new players and aswell older ones

Birds over a bandit don't make sense, but birds flying around an area where several players have been killed would be a nice touch I think. It would add atmosphere and warn approaching players of a dangerous spot (or attract players looking to loot the bodies).

I believe the "bandit (and I use that word loosely in this situation) camping on the hill" problem will be fixed once duping and hacking is fixed. Right now there are a lot of snipers in circulation because of those two items. Once they're fixed you'll probably see a lot fewer sniper rifles/ammo.

In other words, I dont think we should create a mechanic to punish a behavior that's primarily a result of other problems. I'm cool with having weapons to incapacitate people though.

I agree with Haplo about the birds flying around dead bodies, it would make it a lot easier to find them than just listening for an annoying fly sound. Birds flying around a bandit giving his position away is a bit stupid because you are basicly getting a penalty for being a sniper and i'm sure 95% of the community would hate that. The other 2 ideas about the non lethal weapons and the melee attacks are really good and should be added so you don't get screwed over if you run out of ammo in front of 10 zombies or killed because someone wants to check if you have food or something on you.

i dont have a porblem with being vulnerable at the beach, you have nothing to loose really. and camping is real life survival behavior so let it be.

i hate being sniped anytime but that is the game.

get the hell off the beach an into cover and 9 times out of ten (particularly if you wise up and stay out of the cities) you will survive it.

camping is a pretty legitimate dayz behavior, that rewards patience and cunning. i scope out and watch every town before i raid it, and i kill ruthlessly anyone in my way (or get killed).

so in this game, for once, i think we should leave camping alone

Thanks for the answers. Well, I still think that the lurking birds would be realistic because in rl those birds used to follow armies around when they where marching. But the point, that patients should be rewarded is also a good point. And also most of the snipers are the result of the dupping glitch is probably also true.

I think I'll open a new post regarding the ideas of non-lethal weapons and melee attacks. Thanks guys

Crows lurk around death, not death dealers.

Well that's not entirely true. Haven't you seen Alfred Hitchcocks movie the birds?

And as we all know movies are 100% factual

How about a 30 second cool down after respawn. During which time you would be invulnerable and therefore able to clear the beach. Or maybe even a no kill zone that expires after travelling 100m.

Camping spawn points is NOT acceptable behaviour and shouldn't be rewarded with a murder stat increase.

It really is not in the spirit of the game and only carried out by malevolent trolls.