Sign in to follow this  
Yarrick68 (DayZ)

Love Dayz But Time to Wait For The Stand Alone

Thank you Rocket for 2 months of a great gaming experience for a game thats not even remotely finished and is about as immersive of an experience I have ever had in a game, I can't even imagine how good your finished product will be like, and look foward to the next incarnation of this game.

Also wanted to thank you for reminding me why I bought Arma 2 three years ago. After playing Battlefield 3 for the past 6 months it was refreshing to play on an open world that pays attention to little details like bugs swarming around you in a field, I know I will be getting Arma 3 on launch day...

Unfortunatly the hacking has brought trying to play with friends to a stand still. I have been dealing with regular FPS hacks for over a decade in games and just take the wall hacks, radar, aimbots with part of the territory and move on after encountering them. But I am guessing with the open nature of Arma 2 engine for a mature community to create mods allows some of the really crazy stuff that is appearing lately like teleporting characters, the thunderdome, and even recently the moon crashed into the ground causing huge explosions for a while. Sorry the "script kiddies" have taken over your game but I am sure once you get a stand alone you can lock some code down and reduce the hacking to "normal" fps levels and I will definatly play regularly again at that point.

Now time to try and get a Beta key for Dust 514 and play some BF3 till Arma 3 and Standalone Dayz is out :)

• Like 10

Im sure bohemia guys are aware of the excessive hacking but I hope by the time they manage to cure it to at least resonable levels it won't be too late and too many hopes lost from its base

I can dig it. Gonna give it a few more lives then I'll prob go back to other arma moods because the hacking has really gotten ridiculous.

Still love dayz.

I managed to find an m1014 with ammo and got teleported about 500m in the air with the rest of the server and we all died when we hit the ground :(

Yep, OP has my beans. Thanks for the hours of fun on DayZ-mod. Now it's time to wait for DayZ-standalone.

Yeah they know about the hacking. There is some New BattlEye Anti-Cheat Features for servers Link HERE

Edited by Starngere

Me and my 6 mates agree with OP... It's been fun, but it's now unplayable. Now we wait.

I think these are very reasonable arguments for putting the mod down. Too bad hacking has to ruin it for a lot of people, but I hate to see people quit even when it's nearly unplayable. Hope to see people return for a stable stand alone

I have to agree.

The game has been fantastic, no game has grabbed me like this ever, but to work so hard only to drop dead on the spot from a hacker or be teleported mid air is obviously frustrating. Also spawning at the coast and having to run to meet my squad at the airfield only to spawn once again at the coast once we switch server just means I spend most my time running around rather than actually playing the game with my friends.

Also the duping/cloning has got out of hand, the ability to dupe single items was bad enough but now with the ability to completely clone your self and loot your own body, items aren't scarce any more, which is what the game should all be about.

I'll still play off and on until the stand alone, because this has the potential to be such a brilliant game.

I managed to find an m1014 with ammo and got teleported about 500m in the air with the rest of the server and we all died when we hit the ground :(

Happened to me too, maybe the same server? :o US 1981

DUST 514 is console only, currently with rumours they may go PC. It's main focus is PS3, for whatever reason who knows, when it's supposed to be linked with EVE which is PC only.

I have a PS3 so I hope to get a code for Dust 514... right now my PS3 was just an expensive DVD/Blueray so might get some use out of it yet. Its very hard to play console games when you have 3-27 Inch screens in Eyefinity with a HD 7970 sitting in the next room....lol

Also BF3 Armored Kill should be out next month so I am sure that will keep me busy till Dayz can get standalone and Arma 3 gets released.. by then it will be time to crossfire hd 7970's I am sure.

I ended up getting about 6 people addicted to Dayz so I did my part to grow the community :)

Rocket good luck, I can't imagine the headaches you have to go through with a million person Alpha, everyone complaining, trying to add content and fix issues and hacking you didn't even remotely have to think about 6 months ago in your life.. and then to convert it all to a Standalone...You sir can't be getting much sleep this year...lol

Edited by Yarrick68