Sign in to follow this  
jnjnll

Another temporary fix for graphic glitch/artifact

I tried all the flushing and adjusting graphic settings and none of them worked for me. For me it's the dead soldiers lying around airfield and Stary Sobor that's giving me the glitch. I don't have problem with barbwire. I used the following method to eventually got rid of the artifact.

1. Download cpbo or PboView

2. Go to your ArmA 2\@DayZ\Addons folder

3. Copy paste dayz.pbo to create a backup in a new folder

4. Unpack dayz.pbo with either software (for cpbo, just right click and select unpack)

5. This should create a folder called dayz in the Addons folder

6. Go into dayz\objects\ and identify three p3d files called dead_soldier_0.p3d, dead_soldier_1.p3d, and dead_soldier_template.p3d

7. Make 3 copies of the file proxy_man.p3d under the same folder. Delete the 3 dead soldier files mentioned above, and change the file names of the 3 proxy_man.p3d copies to the 3 dead soldier's file names (aka replacing the problematic p3d with a working p3d of another object)

8. Go back to the Addons folder, delete the original dayz.pbo, and repack the dayz folder with the modified files into a new dayz.pbo

9. Launch the game and go loot some airfields again

By doing this I no longer see any corpses lying around airfields. Although what proxy_man represents is unknown to me. This may or may not work for you. Again I saw someone else mentioned rolling back the files to an earlier version of 1.7.2.3. I think this works similar to their methods.

Tested on two 1.7.2.5 servers so far.

• Like 1

I believe that you can get kicked for this, when you repack the files they may not match the .bisign and when/if the servers check if you have modified your files you'll get kicked.

Just a heads up.

Hey I just got both CPBO and PBOview, and extracted but I never got the DayZ folder you talked about to show up please help me, I get this artifact glitch everywhere and it's really anoyying especially when you're in combat and you can't see the other person.

Hey I just got both CPBO and PBOview, and extracted but I never got the DayZ folder you talked about to show up please help me, I get this artifact glitch everywhere and it's really anoyying especially when you're in combat and you can't see the other person.

Are you using steam? I'm using arma 2 installed from Direct2Drive.

Trying searching "@dayz" in Windows and see if it shows anything?

Hello, just verifying that this actually works, and so far I haven't been kicked by the server! (Been playing a few hours now with this fix)

Same story as Jnjnll, no other 'fixes' have worked for me, flushing, changing video settings, GPU multi-threading etc. This works perfectly, not a single graphical glitch in sight in areas that otherwise looked like my shader model got epilepsy.

Thank-you good sir.

I think i did it right using CPBO... alas, I got kicked after a few minutes in game. :(. I'll try again as I see the logic behind why this would work.

EDIT: Still getting kicked after about 10 mins or so... Guess I gotta use the artifacting version :(

EDIT 2: Still getting kicked, but I was able to make it to Green Mountain. Artifacting is gone! I'm wondering if the script that looks for people who turn their grass/trees off is kicking me... I'll try a different server and see what happens, i guess.

Edited by TheLoneRanger

I think i did it right using CPBO... alas, I got kicked after a few minutes in game. :(. I'll try again as I see the logic behind why this would work.

Damn, try a few different servers. It is understandable why you would get kicked for this, but it has yet to happen to me.

Easier way here go to video settings in game then go to video memory in advanced settings set it to default and artifacts go away & if you get artifacts again in a different city go to same place in settings and go back to normal has worked for me every time

EDIT: Still getting kicked after about 10 mins or so... Guess I gotta use the artifacting version :(

EDIT 2: Still getting kicked, but I was able to make it to Green Mountain. Artifacting is gone! I'm wondering if the script that looks for people who turn their grass/trees off is kicking me... I'll try a different server and see what happens, i guess.

It is actually just BattlEye, Arma 2's anti-cheat engine and server finder. It validates the DayZ.pbo's signature while you play. If it doesn't match the signature on the server you are playing on, it will kick you. I have no idea why I'm not getting kicked for that matter, I've been through at least a dozen servers testing for several hours now and have not been kicked once.

Easier way here go to video settings in game then go to video memory in advanced settings set it to default and artifacts go away & if you get artifacts again in a different city go to same place in settings and go back to normal has worked for me every time

If you have read the previous posts, you will know that this is for people that have tried every other fix out there.

Edited by hostile_being

Damn, try a few different servers. It is understandable why you would get kicked for this, but it has yet to happen to me.

Yes I'm also getting kicked by certain servers. Right now I keep both the modified and unmodified dayz.pbo in a folder and I constantly swap them based on my needs. Right now I run game usually on the modified dayz.pbo. If I'm joining friends on a server and it kept on kicking me. I will switch back to the original dayz.pbo. Usually If I don't go to the airfields I will use the original dayz.pbo too. I tend to avoid airfield while I'm running the original dayz.pbo for most of time.

I have an ATI 5750.