DazTroyer

Sudden fps drop

I've been playing a week or so with settings on high plus vsync on and getting a solid 60fps. However now, after i play for an hour or so they become more erratic. Dropping as low as 25fps but jumping up and down wildly. Temps seem ok, idle 35 dergree to a max of about 60. I read the guys graphics setting in the thread here but it didn't help. I just dropped every thing to Normal, looks like shit, yet still the problem persist to a point its unplayable.

I'm new to all this, a 360 player before so i'm a bit of a loss. Any help would be appreciated... :(

All the components are only a couple mths old :-

Windows 7 64 Bit

i5 3450 3.10mhz

4Gb 1333mhz ram

GTX560ti 448

250GB HDD

580W Xilence PSU

Have you tried the memory flush - when you get the fps drop, press shift key and numpad minus key together, then type the word flush, you won't see a cursor but the screen should go black momentarily. Other than that I don't know.

Thanks i will try that.

Just some more info, i now can't play Arma 2 sp campaign as its even worse. I'm getting 15-25 fps and i use to run that on ultra and get 60 with vsync? The odd thing is in the title screen, the ship etc its running at 60 fine. Went and tried Red Ochestra 2 and that ran as smooth as butter, solid 60fps with vsync. Could the beta updates be the problem?

I had a similar problem where I went from flawless high graphics to like 5 and choppy. Other Arma stuff plays fine just DayZ. It was suggested to me to try more servers but I haven't got around to it yet.

No the flush didn't work :(

I tried a couple servers as i got killed twice, made no difference. That wouldn't explain my Arma 2 sp being bad now.

Edited by DazTroyer

Started having same issue just recently. Everything was fine since I've started playing, but a couple days ago I start up a game and my fps is like a slide-show.

Arma II single player plays perfectly fine, and other games run fine as well.

Maybe there was some driver update?

Edited by Soylent

This is either an issue with being in towns, or a server issue. Some towns drop me from 50fps(in fields) to 20, seems normal enough.

The server issue will drop my FPS to about 25 in fields when I notice it getting abnormally low and it keeps dropping over an hour, I log out when it gets as low as about 15, and I hop into another server which will fix it. The game will render the same spot at the same time of day, and the frames will shoot up to normal levels on the next server.

When my frames are getting low, I notice my GPU usage is running at about half or lower. Normally when I'm getting 50 frames, it's running at 100%. So for some reason a server will sometimes cause my GPU to work less.

One server had no players during peak times, I wondered why and joined it, then I got about 2fps. It's rare to see it that low, but with Fraps running showing my frame counter I commonly have trouble in towns when my frames were dropping anyway, and having to render a town on when the GPU is not working very hard will make this unplayable.

Some people will suggest changing the video settings, but if they were ran the framecounter for long enough and also had these issues, they'd know the video settings wouldn't be able to rescue the 20 missing frames per second.

I reckon the bottleneck changes from GPU usage to somewhere else, producing this issue. My only suggestion to fix it would be wait for a server restart, or try another server.

This is not an issue with drivers or CPU or all the other stuff people have been suggesting. This issue happened somewhere between the 1.7.2.4-1.7.2.5 update (possibly a corrupted or unfinished update).

I noticed that my client still said 1.7.2.4 on the Six Launcher, even though it had updated. So I uninstalled it and I installed the new "Play With Six" updater from http://www.six-updater.net, which ran some updates, and it resolved the issue. Now my FPS is back to normal again.

Edited by Soylent

I still get this issue on 1.7.2.5 servers sometimes.

1.7.2.5 hasn't been released for long, perhaps you'll run into it if you play longer.

Well at least I'm not the only one, was thinking my card was faulty. When i look at MSI after burner afterwards, my gpu processing is up and gown more than a whores knickers lol. It's way more stable a line between peek and non peek % while playing RO2.

I tried editing my video settings, even dropped then to all "normal" and it made zero difference except the game looked like crap.

It's definitely worse in towns and with other players about so that would explain why it drops from my spawn point of to the time I get to town. I'm surprised Arma 2 single player has gotten so bad. That played at better settings than I've ever been able to run Dayz, now it's unplayable. DayZcommander allows you to roll back to 1.7.2.4, i will try that tonight and report back.

Edited by DazTroyer
  • Like 1

This is getting worse, not only do i get a frame rate drop that i have noticed is in the built up areas, i'm getting graphical problems. Strange bands of olive green blocking huge parts of the screen, i'm up in BEREZINO but had to drop out as i couldn't see. When in town i got the green and white while looking in certain directions, turn around an they were gone but it meant i couldn't continue as its totally unplayable... :(

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem.

When I first started playing a few weeks ago, I was hitting 60fps on all very high settings. I rely on my fraps counter like many others to get an approx. framerate. As of 1.7.2.5, myself and my buddies seem to be getting around 10-30 FPS in general. Here are my specs:

Intel i7 2600 SandyBridge

Nvdia GeForce GTX 580

Crucial 16GB DDR3 RAM

Windows 7 64 Bit

Gigabyte Z68 Motherboard

Seagate 2TB HDD

WD 64GB SSD

Sony Bravia 32" LCD TV

One of my friends just recently upgraded his rig with a 600 series graphics card and everything and yet he is still pulling the same frame rate I am. I did notice yesterday that while I had PlaywithSIX launcher up, something happened and it started using all 16GB of my RAM if that has anything to do with anyones performance issue. But as of now, I'm at a loss. Though one theory is with all of the graphical bugs that pop up (you know, the whole disco fever bug as well as the "some men just want to watch the world burn" bug) I'm guessing that these bugs are invisible to the player at most times running in the background and those extra graphical things running may put a strain on your PC. I don't know, I'm not a doctor. Just a theory. At any rate, I hope that the devteam can tartget the cause of the drop and fix it soon.

JoeDaddy92