Prendwick

Can't play. (Battleye client/endless loading)

Hi, I'm pretty new to DayZ & have been encountering some serious difficulties while trying to play.

I've only managed to actually get on twice in the past few days - I keep getting kicked by Battleye client not responding or getting endless loading screens after I get into the lobby.

I understand that the mod is in alpha and it's not going to be as reliable as the devs would like it to be.

I've tried the various fixes I've found around the internet, I've verified the game cache integrity numerous times (I'm a steam user), I've messed around with the common files for arma 2 and OA (the battleye ones), I've tried steam, six launcher, DayZ commander and Arma 2 launcher.

The two times I've actually managed to get into a server have been fantastic & fun, and I'd love it if anyone could shed some light on my problems, and if anyone could share some possible fixes I'd be very grateful.

Thank you very much.

I cant help you to stop the loading screens, but I can give you some advice. When you are stuck on the loading screen, DO NOT force quit or turn off your game. This causes a very annoying bug where you spawn on the coast, and not where you last left off. Instead alt tab to your six launcher and join a new game on a server that will work for you. Once you have safely spawned on the second game, you can now use task manager to to quit the first game. I hope i have been of some small help. Thx

The endless loading screen - are you SURE you're connecting to a server with your current DayZ patch and ArmA2 patch?

I have this problem too, friend told me that he saw server message that my battleye client stopped respoding.

Sadly I did not get this message, only black screen with "loading", so usually I have to kill Arma2oa in task manager.

Some people reported that latest beta helps a bit, will try and hope for the best.

Edited by Hombre

I'm not sure , but for me i think its all about the computer/laptop processor in the game , seems like you need a decent computer/laptop to play the game because the graphic is pre-high which you will need ( Correct me if im wrong ) , but i tried some method on steam and it made it load faster .

I cant help you to stop the loading screens, but I can give you some advice. When you are stuck on the loading screen, DO NOT force quit or turn off your game. This causes a very annoying bug where you spawn on the coast, and not where you last left off. Instead alt tab to your six launcher and join a new game on a server that will work for you. Once you have safely spawned on the second game, you can now use task manager to to quit the first game. I hope i have been of some small help. Thx

Thank you for the tip! I noticed this but wasn't too worried since I had nothing of huge value.

The endless loading screen - are you SURE you're connecting to a server with your current DayZ patch and ArmA2 patch?

Yeah, I normally let six launcher put me in a server, but I'll double check in future, thanks for the heads up.

I have this problem too, friend told me that he saw server message that my battleye client stopped respoding.

Sadly I did not get this message, only black screen with "loading", so usually I have to kill Arma2oa in task manager.

Some people reported that latest beta helps a bit, will try and hope for the best.

I'll check that out!

I'm not sure , but for me i think its all about the computer/laptop processor in the game , seems like you need a decent computer/laptop to play the game because the graphic is pre-high which you will need ( Correct me if im wrong ) , but i tried some method on steam and it made it load faster .

When I managed to get in the game worked flawlessly for me, I turned shadows off and changed some visual settings. The game worked perfectly and I doubt it's my computer that's the problem. I built it new in January for about £700/$1100(USD).

I downgraded DayZ to 1.7.2.4 because the gear doesn't get saved on .2.5, but now there's a bigger problem. Everytime I'm trying to connect some server it will get stuck at "loading" screen. Any ideas for workaround?

I tried this and it got much further, sadly I got a new error "cannot open object". Will try a few more times! Thanks.

This is the solution that works for me.

Manually download and overwrite your battleye.dll with the most recent.

Manually download the patch 1.7.2.5. Keep this in an easy to get to folder. Manually download and install the latest(95883) version of arms.

Load up six launcher and verify. Leave it loaded.

Now copy the 1.7.2.5 files and paste them over the files in your arma/dayz/addons folder.

Now you should be able to launch and get past the load screen. Leave six loaded after launch - just in case you need to change servers.

And do not join a 1.7.2.4 server after playing on a 1.7.2.5 server, unless you need to be back on the beach and griefer fodder that is.

This is the solution that works for me.

Manually download and overwrite your battleye.dll with the most recent.

Manually download the patch 1.7.2.5. Keep this in an easy to get to folder. Manually download and install the latest(95883) version of arms.

Load up six launcher and verify. Leave it loaded.

Now copy the 1.7.2.5 files and paste them over the files in your arma/dayz/addons folder.

Now you should be able to launch and get past the load screen. Leave six loaded after launch - just in case you need to change servers.

And do not join a 1.7.2.4 server after playing on a 1.7.2.5 server, unless you need to be back on the beach and griefer fodder that is.

I tried this but still got kicked by Battleye not responding :s Thanks, though. :)

I'm assuming here you have digital download copy via steam

uninstall battle eye via program files 1st

Then reinstall battle eye via steam

Doesn't work for everyone but this has fixed the same problem for me and a few friends

Edited by Marmoo

I'm assuming here you have digital download copy via steam

uninstall battle eye via program files 1st

Then reinstall battle eye via steam

Doesn't work for everyone but this has fixed the same problem for me and a few friends

Tried it and it didn't work for me :/

Has anyone got any idea as to what's causing my problem? :/

Edited by Prendwick

I was forced to uninstall whole steam and reinstall it as well as arma 2.

Maybe fortune will smile on me and dayz will work like a charm ech.

I was forced to uninstall whole steam and reinstall it as well as arma 2.

Maybe fortune will smile on me and dayz will work like a charm ech.

Good luck!

I'm also going to uninstall both Arma 2 and OA, and see if reinstalling them does anything to help my problem. If not, I'll cry to Battleye support and post any solutions they can come up with here.

EDIT: I Fixed it. If anyone is having the same problem PM me and maybe I can help you.

Edited by Prendwick