Those Things might want thier radio back you should return it before..

The radio must be accompanied by a Mountain Dew, or the sacrifice is not complete...

I found two radios...double effect FTW!

Edited by Bonehead3535

IIRC - Rocket said they might use radios as a way to use stuff like global/side chat.

I think this is brilliant.

I like the idea of items or maybe something embedded into the game world such as maybe a road sign or a a whole road that's not visible on the map in your backpack, that would lead somewhere exciting. It doesnt have to have rare loot inside.. Imagine stumbling across an unmarked military research lab in the woods that could explain a back-story as to the zombie outbreak..

Stuff like this is only "cool" for the first few people to discover it. Then it's on the wiki with google map coordinates and it's no more special than Green Mountain. It's just another stop that everyone knows about.

Stuff like this is only "cool" for the first few people to discover it. Then it's on the wiki with google map coordinates and it's no more special than Green Mountain. It's just another stop that everyone knows about.

Don't look for them on the webz =P and you shall receive no spoilers! lol

I just spoiled it myself because I went looking for it, fml... Would definitely have been a good find.

Edited by ItsMeAgain

http://i.imgur.com/yUt6H.jpg this is where I found it btw, if anyone is interested, I don't know if you'll have the same 'luck' as I did, or if you're even interested, and it just played again about 8 minutes ago, and it is confirmed the same message on a loop, but it is still getting kinda redundant at this point.. it should at least be like fallout 3 where it is an actual radio station with music. Sorry for the profanity in the chat on the screenshot link, if it is against the rules, I'll remove the link.

You're a CHEATING SCUMBAG !! 257 zombie kills and not a SINGLE MILLILITRE OF BLOOD LOST, plus you have enough hi-tech weaponry to give even Ted Nugent a major boner ! Even a God damned Laser Rangefinder !

I say again - YOU CHEATING, CHEATING, SCUMBAG !!

Here's to Battleye canning your IP.

Edited by vecuccio

You're a CHEATING SCUMBAG !! 257 zombie kills and not a SINGLE MILLILITRE OF BLOOD LOST, plus you have enough hi-tech weaponry to give even Ted Nugent a major boner ! Even a God damned Laser Rangefinder !

I say again - YOU CHEATING, CHEATING, SCUMBAG !!

Here's to Battleye canning your IP.

Are you idiot or troll. In case you don't know, there's items called raw meat and bloodbags...

• Like 1

People, listen up. This is a wild theory here, but it makes sense to me.

For those who have played the ArmA II campaign, they would know that Chernarus was invaded by the US, thus the US weaponry and such lying about. And evidently they also took control of the Green Mountain facility. It would be very possible that the US conducted experiments on Chernarus' citizens involving biochemical warfare agents.

Now, what would happen if something went wrong right here? What if the quarantine was broken and the subjects were set free. Some of the initial call-out numbers could be prisoner numbers and the Morse code could be the last piece of transmission from US forces at Green Mountain, set on a loop if any US forces were to come nearby.

Now, the US is gone from Chernarus, indicating that their mission was done there, but still, there are US soldiers in the mainland. Thus this brings me to this: The Infection started while the US was still in Chernarus. What if the mission failed due to the infection? Soldiers became infected, warnings were sent out, yet still the camps were raided by the undead. This would cause the carrier battlegroup to evacuate as well as they could.

This is where Green Mountain kicks in again. The message was put on a loop and the battlegroup pulled out, leaving people to fend for themselves. And as the message is tied to Green Mountain, this could indicate issues with the antenna, leading to that the message was never broadcasted outside the mountain, this would explain why there still are so many military bodies in Chernarus, they didn't know it was coming.

And now if Green Mountain was the facility where the infection started, could it not be possible that the very same biochemical agent came with the carriers back to the US?

Then about the grid locations, indeed, there are deerstands there, but what about the hunting towers? People said they had radios and military grade equipment, possibly showcasing that the towers were occupied by military forces and used as transmitting beacons, who knows what other places we might find?

/Theoretical stuff over.

Either way, that's how I think of it. This kind of stuff really gets me up! Go Day Z and Rocket, I love these eastereggs! Also, I have a request for the community.

Would it be possible for someone to head down to some of the islands in the south and try to find a signal there? If so, thank you!

• Like 3

Some article posted this now. I thought this was a troll?

Anyway, even if this is a troll, Rocket said that he will add creepy stuff in DayZ later

Why The signal is coming by Green Mountain is:

Green Mountain got a Radio tower maybe It got somwhere a Radio maybe hidden where you cant find it like in the one building at the enterance or the Military building

And another thing For The Deer Stands

I was at a deer Stand i was MILITARY Zombies Maybe The Radio mean they can help you? and when it was recorded maybe the Woman/Guy was then found by a Zombie and had nothing to defence

Also thats MY Option

What is your one?

I read the whole thread. Not sure if legit, OP hasn't been around in awhile. Any updates?

It would be cool if the radios had a use, and I agree that the game needs more creepiness factor.

Thanks for all the hard work Rocket!

i was going to say stuff, but someone beatn me to it

I read the whole thread. Not sure if legit, OP hasn't been around in awhile. Any updates?

It would be cool if the radios had a use, and I agree that the game needs more creepiness factor.

Thanks for all the hard work Rocket!

this, word for word.

People, listen up. This is a wild theory here, but it makes sense to me.

For those who have played the ArmA II campaign, they would know that Chernarus was invaded by the US, thus the US weaponry and such lying about. And evidently they also took control of the Green Mountain facility. It would be very possible that the US conducted experiments on Chernarus' citizens involving biochemical warfare agents.

Now, what would happen if something went wrong right here? What if the quarantine was broken and the subjects were set free. Some of the initial call-out numbers could be prisoner numbers and the Morse code could be the last piece of transmission from US forces at Green Mountain, set on a loop if any US forces were to come nearby.

Now, the US is gone from Chernarus, indicating that their mission was done there, but still, there are US soldiers in the mainland. Thus this brings me to this: The Infection started while the US was still in Chernarus. What if the mission failed due to the infection? Soldiers became infected, warnings were sent out, yet still the camps were raided by the undead. This would cause the carrier battlegroup to evacuate as well as they could.

This is where Green Mountain kicks in again. The message was put on a loop and the battlegroup pulled out, leaving people to fend for themselves. And as the message is tied to Green Mountain, this could indicate issues with the antenna, leading to that the message was never broadcasted outside the mountain, this would explain why there still are so many military bodies in Chernarus, they didn't know it was coming.

And now if Green Mountain was the facility where the infection started, could it not be possible that the very same biochemical agent came with the carriers back to the US?

Then about the grid locations, indeed, there are deerstands there, but what about the hunting towers? People said they had radios and military grade equipment, possibly showcasing that the towers were occupied by military forces and used as transmitting beacons, who knows what other places we might find?

This is AWESOME i mean thats like what DayZ is about... it exists till april now and its slowly getting boring. adding this creepypasta stuff is the best way to add a story to the game without getting it ruined by the wiki immediately... just think of it: if I were a game/mod developer i would do it just the same way, by introducing mysterious stuff to the game.

I mean, DayZ's intention is to be playable endlessly, but the moment you add a story to it, that is ruined. But by setting up a story that is somehow live and that the whole community has to contribute to, the game gets different and better then all others.

And to everybody that says fake: Even if its fake, this thread is great and I enjoyed reading it.

Like one or two hours ago and after 5 hours of solo playing I got a radio from someones camp. Proof ->http://i.imgur.com/bAuge.png

I asked my online clanmates but they haven't even seen it. Clan master asked me to take a photo, so I did. I left a message in our private forum, but if the clan master didn't know about it I'm afraid noone of the others will know.

I haven't heard anything weird, but I also have to say that I have full lowered the music in game options, I do it always in mp games. I'm also very far from Mountain Dew.

This is AWESOME i mean thats like what DayZ is about... it exists till april now and its slowly getting boring. adding this creepypasta stuff is the best way to add a story to the game without getting it ruined by the wiki immediately... just think of it: if I were a game/mod developer i would do it just the same way, by introducing mysterious stuff to the game.

I mean, DayZ's intention is to be playable endlessly, but the moment you add a story to it, that is ruined. But by setting up a story that is somehow live and that the whole community has to contribute to, the game gets different and better then all others.

And to everybody that says fake: Even if its fake, this thread is great and I enjoyed reading it.

Sadly, that isn't what the radio message is saying. It's in Russian morse code, and it says:

We are no longer alive STOP This message will play every hour if operators are no longer responsive STOPMESSAGE Unable to quarantine subject change STOPMESSAGE

And the numbers say:

048107 048107 049047 049047 034051 034051 023107 023107 022110 022110 017121 017121 054074 054074 063087 063087 040093 040093 039108 039108 036091 036091 032090 032090

Almost all of those are deer stand coordinates, and I believe that one of those isn't. Mystifying.

Edited by omgwtfbbq

Sadly, that isn't what the radio message is saying. It's in Russian morse code, and it says:

We are no longer alive STOP This message will play every hour if operators are no longer responsive STOPMESSAGE Unable to quarantine subject change STOPMESSAGE

And the numbers say:

048107 048107 049047 049047 034051 034051 023107 023107 022110 022110 017121 017121 054074 054074 063087 063087 040093 040093 039108 039108 036091 036091 032090 032090

Almost all of those are deer stand coordinates, and I believe that one of those isn't. Mystifying.

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Green_Mountain

awesome! i always tried to find out where all the deer stands are!

I have a solid map fromt the game and i marked already interesting places, and some deer stands on it

dayzdb.com/map

Have a field day with this

Two month old thread necroed, but DayZ mythbusters did cover this:

Second bit about 30 seconds in.

well, I took some time and matched the dots.. It is not really 1 figure.. There is indeed 1 set of chords that doesnt match to a deer stand. In fact, it is kinda in between 2 deer stands, which 1 of the 2 being the next stand in the row of cords. This might be wrong, or there might be something there. I'll try to post in the drawing in made in another post ^^

I think this might be interesting.. Though it is a sandbox game, there should be something to keep it fun, and in this case, scary. People will of course get paranoia, but others will stay cool. Well for them, there should be stuff like this, keep them entertained you know.

I really like the idea, and I'm willing to participate in solving the case ^^ Though the OP hasn't been online for quitte some time, maybe he can post something about the radio, or anyone else who found the radio and heared the sounds? I mean, it's all over the internet, I don't think it'll all come from just 1 person..

Therefore, if even the wiki makes notice of it, I don't believe it's fake. If it was fake, Rocket or some other guy would have told us. I also find the mission file (txt.blabla) very interesting.. It is talking about something random you'd find, and 'the next tape' you would get. Well hey, tape for in the radio? To unlock the next thing?

What I also find very creepy, the people who do find a radio post it here, and then are never to be heard of again... (Dum dum dummm....)

meh, can't upload from here, i'll throw it online when i get back home, hang on for a few hours ^^

what i forgot to mention in my earlier post, I've added all the numbers, and then devided by 12. Outcome was 37,5 and I believe 91,5 (not sure, but I've written it down somewhere), and guess what? you can say those are the cords for green mountain.

some other theory I have running through my head, is with the locations of the deer stands.. what it the resemble the outskirts of the infected area? They were ordered to keep the infected/infection in, and the civilization out. but as with all stories about 'infected' versus military, they never know they need to get a headshot to die. infection spreads out, and then the remaining military leaves the area..?

I think I'll be making 3 drawings to post you guys, 1 with the stands connected in the order they are called off, 1 marking the outskirts, and 1 connecting every deer stand to the other 10 (11-1'blind'spot). Maybe that will figure something out. Still, I'm very curious what will happen if someone who has a radio and heared the playings visits the blind spot.. Maybe there is a hidden 'mission' in dayz, and no-one can find I, because it's the mission file you download every time you join a server.

though I believe no-one is still actively participating to this forum..?