ThatNiceGuy: You've said the same thing in three seperate threads. We get it. You don't like casuals. Neither do most of us. It's alright that not everyone knows everything about Arma II: Even you were a noob once.

He's just butthurt because he thinks I don't know about the gridloc call that the soldiers automate, but the thing is, what I was talking about before, was when the soldiers literally spurt out a random set of numbers that are not even on the map. I get a lot of "ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO" type reports or "ZERO ZERO ONE ZERO ZERO ONE" which doesn't make sense when I know I am at a specific grid, but yeah.. He sure is upset. :)

Do you guys hear the Triage at Dawn theme from Half Life 2 at around the 5:04 mark on that downloaded file? Are my ears deceiving me?

• Like 2

Do you guys hear the Triage at Dawn theme from Half Life 2 at around the 5:04 mark on that downloaded file? Are my ears deceiving me?

I do believe you are correct. Nice find. :)

This is one of the most creepiest and most awesome finds ever on this mod. The mod makers are geniuses. I am so loving this, they really are making an awesome mod for ArmA CO

//Just wanted to add that my signature is my reaction to the OP's post when I read it.

Go back to /x/ with your poorly written 'creepy' stories kid' date=' no one here is buying it.

[/quote']

I play with Amnesty regularly - it's legit.

How about you take your chan references and negative rep somewhere else?

• Like 4

I Tonic,

Will embark on the quest to find a radio and discover if such claims are true.

Does this bring closure to the matter? Didn't think so.

I am actually quite disappointed. If this is a feature, the speakers should be either speaking in Czech or Russian.

We are no longer alive STOP This message will play every hour if operators are no longer responsive STOPMESSAGE

Unable to quarantine subject change STOPMESSAGE

i'm sure these messages are made by people before they died and are saved on the radio

maybe different radios have different messages...

it's also the perfect time to play this:

It's not saved on the radio, it's some kind of repeating broadcast coming from somewhere else. Possibly where the "coordinates" were describing. It may lead to some good loot, or to something vital to the story. It's going to be some kind of HAM radio, or radio tower, so if anyone knows where the radio towers in Chernarus are, that could be a good start.

And yes, it's a number station.

I used my amateur Morse code skills to determine the message...

We are no longer alive STOP This message will play every hour if operators are no longer responsive STOPMESSAGE

Unable to quarantine subject change STOPMESSAGE

Shit just got real ladies and gentlemen.

i am now shitting myself

I think we're missing something vital here.

All shortwave numbers broadcasts are just that......broadcasted.

We need to find the broadcast station.

I have a hard time believing that they put something like this in the game without thinking about the broadcast station being a place of interest.

Can we stop telling everyone how wet our pants are and focus more on figuring out what it is?

Edit: Thank you, Tomcat.

Well, linking up the deerstands doesn't seem to yield anything useful ( http://i.imgur.com/XZCSN.jpg ). Though I'm sure my parents would love to hang it up on their fridge.

Maybe the long term goal for the mod is it being a Myst clone...

Well' date=' linking up the deerstands doesn't seem to yield anything useful ( http://i.imgur.com/XZCSN.jpg ). Though I'm sure my parents would love to hang it up on their fridge.

Maybe the long term goal for the mod is it being a Myst clone...

[/quote']

Guys, guys, guys... I figured it out.

How didn't anyone think of this before?

http://i.imgur.com/BS1Am.png

• Like 5

Unfortunately this is most likely fake. If you check http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html there is no radio for the military soldiers to drop. I've also looked through the game files and have seen nothing about a radio in them.

Until you post a video of this radio, I will not believe this is real.

Unfortunately this is most likely fake. If you check http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html there is no radio for the military soldiers to drop. I've also looked through the game files and have seen nothing about a radio in them.

Until you post a video of this radio' date=' I will not believe this is real.

[/quote']

Dude...

You must be another guy that has never played Arma.

The radio is standard in the other game modes.

And yes, I have found a radio on a dead soldier in DayZ before.

Plus not to mention the fact that he already posted proof earlier in the thread. Learn to read.

I don't know how to add items into a game, and adding a radio into the game would be kind of pointless to me anyways especially if I didn't even know about this, I do see neutral item codes in the loot table though, so it is more than likely labeled as something else maybe? Since this thread was bumped, I did figure out why I wasn't hearing the broadcast anymore, and only the morse. It was because for the longest time I wasn't anywhere near Green Mountain, I guess the broadcasts are location specific. I was back in that area approaching from a different direction when it started up again, I checked the time and it was around 2:01PM, so.. it didn't fade in or anything, it just abruptly kicked, and not in the beginning of the transmission either, it was already going, I ran in circles and different areas to see if the signal would break, and it did, but the area the broadcast is effective in doesn't seem to be a circular radius, I tried to map it out via my gps, but it seemed too jagged. But I assume the morse code has no boundaries, and that broadcast was coming specifically from Green Mountain, I am going to go check other areas of interest on the map to see if there are any different broadcasts though. The morse code is neat and all, but it is kinda useless unless it has some other use to it. I've been trying to record all of my broadcasts on the hour but I kinda stopped because all I've been hearing is the same thing over and over again, the occasional static transmission, the hourly morse, and when I am in the Green Mountain area, I hear this broadcast. If anyone else found any other broadcasts, please post them here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?k6fds1caug21ffi

I don't know how to add items into a game' date=' and adding a radio into the game would be kind of pointless to me anyways especially if I didn't even know about this, I do see neutral item codes in the loot table though, so it is more than likely labeled as something else maybe? Since this thread was bumped, I did figure out why I wasn't hearing the broadcast anymore, and only the morse. It was because for the longest time I wasn't anywhere near Green Mountain, I guess the broadcasts are location specific. I was back in that area approaching from a different direction when it started up again, I checked the time and it was around 2:01PM, so.. it didn't fade in or anything, it just abruptly kicked, and not in the beginning of the transmission either, it was already going, I ran in circles and different areas to see if the signal would break, and it did, but the area the broadcast is effective in doesn't seem to be a circular radius, I tried to map it out via my gps, but it seemed to jagged. But I assume the morse code has no boundaries, and that broadcast was coming specifically from Green Mountain, I am going to go check other areas of interest on the map to see if there are any different broadcasts though. The morse code is neat and all, but it is kinda useless unless it has some other use to it. I've been trying to record all of my broadcasts on the hour but I kinda stopped because all I've been hearing the same thing over and over again, the occasional static transmission, the hourly morse, and when I am in the Green Mountain area, I hear this broadcast. If anyone else found any other broadcasts, please post them here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?k6fds1caug21ffi

[/quote']

Fucking creepy. So Green mountain is the broadcast source.

I wonder where else we might get signals.

I was all over green mountain too.....it's just creepy to think that the signal is coming from there....

Until you post a video of this radio' date=' I will not believe this is real.

[/quote']

Dude...

You must be another guy that has never played Arma.

The radio is standard in the other game modes.

And yes, I have found a radio on a dead soldier in DayZ before.

Plus not to mention the fact that he already posted proof earlier in the thread. Learn to read.

I've been playing arma since the first game. A picture of a radio does not prove any of this is real and that mp3 is not proof either.

• Like 2

Hope they put in a mystery for the survivors to solve once DayZ is done.