Awesome thread, was looking for a use of a radio my friend found and got captured by this story, hopefully it's true

I think the Winchester is more a Shaun o the dead ref than a nod to fo3

I think the Winchester is a real rifle that doesn't necessarily have to be a reference to anything. That's like saying that the makarov is a nod to CoD. -_-

Think I know what happened.

Kilroy is awesome :D

@OP: First DayZ creepypasta? Even if not intentional, you did a damn well good job of it, ma'am.

Look like "puts on glasses" :cool: WE HAVE A CASE TO SOLVE

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Like 1

Maybe it could be used like this, while you have an radio equiped your chat message distance increases drastically, and you can pick up chat conversations from longer distances.

What would you do with a radio in a world where everyone and everything is trying to kill you? Call 911?

It was confirmed by Vipeax on a stream hosted by Puddn that the radio was hacked in.

Sorry if this has been posted before.

So this whole thread is just bs? Why the effort to make the audiofile?

It was confirmed by Vipeax on a stream hosted by Puddn that the radio was hacked in.

Sorry if this has been posted before.

So this whole thread is just bs? Why the effort to make the audiofile?

Because people LOVE a good story. Pretty awesome job of it too Amnesty :D

If I found a radio that was doing that shit I'd fucking drop it because that's creepy as hell..

But.. anyone wanna team up, and check out green mountain? Then maybe server hop a few times to see if a radio spawns anywhere? Or look for anything else potentially related to it.

What would you do with a radio in a world where everyone and everything is trying to kill you? Call 911?

ermmm, you could talk with fellow survivors/bandits? You could listen to radio beacons with automated messages (like this thread). You could have different frequencies in the final standalone version of DayZ, choosing channels or frequencies that you know your buddies are on. You could get encrypting radios to keep secret your conversations. You could have radio trackers, and scramblers to blackout radio in small areas if you had a generator. You could have a radio station broadcasting music. Have you played Fall Out 3? The possibilities are endless.

I reckon batteries will make an appearance as loot one day.

Not everyone is trying to kill you. Make some friends.

I like the idea of walkie talkies. So you can directly communicate with people if you add a frequency in or something

All feature requests should follow OP's example from now on :) I'm sure that's all it was. Great job too.

Anyway, radio chatter wouldn't necessarily be needed in the source files themselves. Maybe there's some way the devs could treat the in game direct coms to reach the same effect? i.e. the broadcast could be real, even with a real persons voice, broadcast to anyone with a radio if they have it set to the correct channel. Kind of like when certain people don't know how channels work and broadcast their mic to everyone on the server, except this way only to those that have radios or are near ham stations.

This broadcast could go out to all servers simultaneously. Each server would have a rush (or not) to reach the destination that is delivered to find whatever loot or objective could be there. Kind of like episodic content but delievered in real time.

We found a radio with my friend some time ago. It didn't do anything but we haven't been to Green Mountain though.

Anyone else hugely disappointed that this turned out to be nothing?

Sigh.

Yep. But boy has it got potential, if the devs agreed with that direction that is.

maybe this is a real cia numbers broadcast and has nothing to do with rocket, they just hijacked an obscure mod to transmit their data...when dayz became popular they removed it...

Maybe there are ghosts in the game. Trololol (: