Sign in to follow this  
ptk (DayZ)

are arma 2 update versions backwards compatible?

it seems that I'm again, updating a new arma version through dayz commander (95913 to 95948, and apparently I'm seeing versions 95950 already?) while most servers are still on 95885, to include the ones I frequent most.

So I guess I'm asking if the newer versions are backwards compatible or do I need to wait for the servers to update as well?

If the latter is the case then I will definately wait to update next time =(

The beta patches are backwards compatible, yes :)

• Like 2

much appreciated Rez-in =). I just didnt want to try and then get logged onto the coast again! here's some beans!

According to DayZ Commander 10% of servers running version 95950, any idea why this is? I can't find any information on this version, official link says 95948 is the latest release.

Edited by porkus_maximus

WOOT!! i got it to work.

all day yesterday and today i spent uninstalling/reinstalling play withsix, six launcher and six updater to no avail.

i then went to reinstall arma 2 installed the beta patches, updates etc.. launched the game once just to be sure. good up until now. then went for the mod and started from zero. reinstalled play withsix. i even went to dayz commander.

still no good. dayz commander, play withsix was still not helping. i was still getting the same error.

i did some googles and found this french guy (dont worry, you dont need to understand french)

he points out that for some reason the latest updates, including 96015 specifically on dayz commander miss the file path to launch arma 2 in the game directories settings. (i am using arma 2 free)

after looking up the correct file path to launch arma 2, plug this into the location noted in play withsix/dayz commander.

it should look something like this

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Free

Presto. fixed.