Sign in to follow this  
Noise (DayZ)

Thunderdome - A bad thing?

It's made out to be bad- which yes, it's a script used by a script kiddy, but it looks rather fun to be a part of. I DO understand it would be frustrating if you got teleported there and you're this 22 day survivor with all the 1337 gear you can possibly need, only to end up dying. Other then that, if you're on a fresh character, it would seem rather fun to be a part of.

But that's just me.

• Like 1

Yep happen to me this week. Kinda funny if you are a new survivor without item and nothing to loose.

Deathmatch !

Would be a cool side feature of the game. Like Mercenary mode for newer Resident Evil games(in a sense). But instead of a script, could be something you search for in w/e browser. Private hives should do it legally imo. As long as it follows certain guidelines and just turn it into an admin script.

Edited by Ajvkorn

It's fucking stupid. 9/10 times you will be instantly killed while trying to get a weapon from the ammo boxes because some dude was a half second faster than you picking a weapon.

It is a bad thing. Most players don't appreciate having their loot stolen from them and being forced into a stupid fucking COD deathmatch for the enjoyment of some 13 year old with novice level script skills.

The thunderdome is not DayZ. It is a bastardized version of Arma. You want to play Deathmatch in a small, boring map, go play COD.

Edited by Hydra

Happened to my friend when he was on his first life. Got some nice legit stuff and let the server before the madness happened.

This is a private hack, script kiddies do not use it. It is most likely not able to be purchased either, someone with talent who would rather troll than be helpful or useful decides to use it a lot. Anyway, it is a bad thing if you are playing the game and want to continue playing it in peace, if you got a bad spawn it is a good thing. Although, new BE features should prove useful in catching people that execute this.

Yes it's bad because you don't have an option not to participate.

I'd have no problem if there was a server where people ran a thunderdome arena that you can voluntarily show up at.

• Like 1

It could be a risk..Go in with bunch of gear or go in with a pistol and try to gear up...If they made it a mode I mean.

You could be spawned into a "Thunder Dome" with nothing, and try to get weapons from the crates, or you can go in already geared and try to kill the people going to the crates along with everybody else you want dead. Inside, zombies will also be spawning every 20 seconds. After 5 minutes, who ever is alive will have the chance to leave the server normally and gear saved. Everybody else lost their stuff and can't get it back on that specific server unless they go in again. It can count as murders and just keep having different rounds. If you want it to tie into the core give, okay then. It could be a quick way to gear up, but there is no 100% guarantee that you will survive with gear. I could see it be a funny side mode though. And I mean I just made that up so bear with me on that.

Hm, version of Dayz where everybody has guns to shoot one another on a preset battlefield.... it's almost like there's a game that does exactly that with the same engine and weapons and everything!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=arma+2

Well, there's two reasons I like to play on smaller servers, I.E., 10-20 players.

#1: I get awesome connection on those servers, usually runs as smooth as butter.

#2: Rarely will you encounter a hacker.

Whenever I try to join servers with 30+ people in them, it takes about 10 minutes to get in the server, then after 10 minutes I usually get no message received, or whatever the fuck it is.

It's fucking stupid. 9/10 times you will be instantly killed while trying to get a weapon from the ammo boxes because some dude was a half second faster than you picking a weapon.

It is a bad thing. Most players don't appreciate having their loot stolen from them and being forced into a stupid fucking COD deathmatch for the enjoyment of some 13 year old with novice level script skills.

The thunderdome is not DayZ. It is a bastardized version of Arma. You want to play Deathmatch in a small, boring map, go play COD.

Someone's mad.

I guess its situational. But last night we were being attacked at our camp and when we got the better of the attackers all of a sudden we were all teleported to a Thunderdome. Not sure if it hacker was part of the attack or just happened to come in while it was going, either way it really sucks when your trying to snuff out bandits and then you are ported away.

Thunderdoming is always bad, even if you are a new character. Hackers aren't doing it to be friendly because they could simply spawn a crate with every item in the game in it in front of you if they wanted to help you.

Cancer - A bad thing?

It's made out to be bad- which yes, it's a disease which is often fatal, but it looks rather fun to be a part of. I DO understand it would be frustrating if you got cancer and you're 22 years old with everything to live for, only to end up dying. Other then that, it would seem rather fun to be a part of - weight loss, painkillers, diamorphine, lots of sympathy, etc.

But that's just me.

• Like 1

Get satchel charge>Server hop NWAF until you find one recently Thunderdomed>Plant Satchel charge, blow hole, and enter>Get nearly limitless supplies and guns>???????>Profit