Sign in to follow this  
sGMarvin

How do you handle insane aggro?

Hi, I'm not 'new' but I'm still 'green'.

After the update which introduced a chance factor of zombies spotting you from insane distances, I can't seem to get anywhere near a town even in prone.

My question is how do I actually get past these zombies? I have no gun to shoot with as I'm a fresh spawn and I like I said I can't loot towns without a massive zombie train.

Hopefully the chance system is removed soon ;)

Thanks,

sG Marvin

Edit: What I'm talking about is in this thread here:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48432-zombies-aggro-from-50-meters/

Edited by sGMarvin

try to just run as fast as possible through buildings with atleast 2 entrance/exits, that should dump some of the agro. While you're doing that go ahead and look for loot while the zeds walk in the building. after leaving the building stay at a crouch to avoid more agro.

I can't loot towns without a massive zombie train.

That is the point. people shouldn't be able to loot cities alone

Just run around, collecting them all up and then run into a two door house and out the back. You can then move on to the building you want to loot in relative safety.

Edited by Astaa

One thing I do when out of town is run close to the smaller trees/bushes. For some reason the infected reset their pathfinding there and if you have the balls you can lay down in a little distance from them. However, if they still come running at you, get the fuck up and ruuuuuuun.

Also great are the mentioned houses and using v to get across fences, changing direction over another fence and then into a house. I lost whole hordes with that little trick. Best is o.c. not to aggro them.

The coniferous trees with branches low to the ground make the easy.

Run into the branches, crouch and then start walking, not running.

Move through the tree/trees until you are out of sight of your pursues and move off. Don't run until you are a pretty good distance away.

• Like 1

I find that since 1.7.2.5 the Zombies seem to be less aware than in 1.7.2.4 but in general to drop aggros:

a ) run through buildings (barns are great for this)

b ) vault over fences (the worst options because it makes you stop)

c ) break line of sight, this takes a little practice but I've been using this this shed zombies in the open with a few trees when i don't want to fire my gun. Easiest with a line of trees, just zigzag around 2 or 3 then go prone.

I have a few methods:

1) Hoard all the smoke grenades you can, wait fot the Zeds to spawn and then throw a grenade about 100M from the area from the area you want to loot. They'll all head for the grenade. Sweet. It's quiet too. Perfect for heli crash sites.

2) Fire an almighty shot with a loud gun from the edge of a village. Zeds follow the sound not you. Loop around the edge while they all go to where you fired your shot.

3) Norwiegan tree dancing technique: Aggro as many Zeds as you can, lead them away from the area you want to loot and into the trees. Then zig-zag through bushes and the edge of fir trees while crouching and head back to town.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 4

Go through houses, cut corners to break line of sight, run through bushes/trees. In a large enough town/city it's easy to just run from house to house without bringing more than a couple zombies with you. For example if I'm hitting up Cherno from the west side I run to the store and grab stuff and out the back to the red brick house, to the church then towards the firestation. The only houses that are death traps are the ones that have one door that goes into a little hallway and then a dining room to the left. They easily block you in so if you don't have an axe or pistol you're screwed in those.

Hi, I'm not 'new' but I'm still 'green'.

My question is how do I actually get past these zombies? I have no gun to shoot with as I'm a fresh spawn and I like I said I can't loot towns without a massive zombie train.

Use your sight and sound indicators to move into towns.

a couple things you should know with the aggro ranges.

Avoid running on the pavement, if you're running through town try to run on the grassy areas ( it dampens sound a bit ).

but you already have there are 3 movement modes, stand up, crouch, and prone. the standup mode will obviously draw the most attention, crouch mode will lessen your chance of being seen. I'm not sure if you're used to running during the daytime ( aggro ranges increases by a couple folds, or the night time where sight is not much of a issue.

Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it :D

Run your ass to a firestation, hope no survivor is in, grab guns, shoot. If all else fails, Abort and go to another server for guns.

You can try sweet talking the zeds over mic, but if it that fails find the nearest multiple story building and jump when you're at the top.

At least that's what I do.

• Like 2

If you're near a steep hill, zig zag your way up the hill. The zombies will have to walk slowly up the incline, but if you zig then zag at the right angles, you can still run or crouch-run. Once you get far enough away, drop down and crawl to one side or cross over a ridge and veer to one side or another at a crouch or crawl. Buildings like they said up there ^ are best for towns. Exit the building, go to one side or another and get some distance, preferably not running. Like Skirata said, you can loot the rooms of a house or corners of a building by running ahead of the zombies, since they can currently only walk indoors. Do it quick though, or they might catch up. Make sure you know what you have in inventory and where you'll put things so that you don't need to shuffle stuff around to fit it in your bag, etc. Try to get at least a hatchet ASAP. If you're in a house or building and a zombie(s) gets too close, you'll have the option to whack it (or the closest one) with the hatchet, then get out of there.

I use trees a lot, just run like crazy, find bushes, trees with big trunks or pines, and zig zag, when you think zombies can't see you anymore turn around to make sure, and if you don't see any zed then go prone (or crouch depending of the situation), and keep moving away, if you don't you get aggro again.

Pine Trees ... run through them.

It cuts the line of sight, just don't forget to not continue running after, or thay will re agro ^^

Go to Cherno or Elektro in the beginning. Both have docks that bug out the zombies.

Run through the town like crazy looting what you can with all the zombies following you and head for the dock. They'll all get confused and usually end up in the water but they can't actually run on the dock. Then go back into the area where all the zombies were and loot more with less zombies around.

Once you head up north you just need a revolver or m1911 and you can take them out with a single headshot. It's quiet enough to not alert too many other zombies. If you do, just go in a house and they'll slowly walk in allowing you to get more headshots.

Sometimes I like to start off on night servers as you can sneak up right next to a zombie and he won't care. Great for silent axe kills you just need to turn your brightness/gamma up to see which is sometimes frowned upon (no different than using nightvision IMO)