Sign in to follow this  
fabo (DayZ)

No logic in fps high and lows

I know there are a lot of threads about this, but i didn't really found a problem similar to my friend and me.

So my game runs smoothly. I dont have a problem with the fps with decent graphic setting.

But sometimes when i start the game and log in a server i have only 8-10 fps max which is unplayable. One time i restarted the pc and after that was fixed, the other time it didnt work, so i decided to replace the dayz patch files, just in case the anim files were corrupted or something. It got fixed, but i'm not sure if it was this because...

Now my friend is experiencing the same issue and replacing dayz files didn't work for him. We both have good configurations, i got nvidia and he has ati radeon. Yet similar problems. I think it is game related, but i would like to know if someone knows a fix, so we can easily fix it if it happens like we do with the graphic glitch.

Thanks in advance!

It has to do with how long it has been since the last server restart. Server performance goes down with time after restart.

thats just server lag,if u get it, leave that server right away and find another one

I think in dayz, servers makes some of the "calculations" needed to run the game instead of your CPU doing them, so if the server's CPU sucks or it's having problems you get bad fps.

Thing is, I log in a server and everything is great. My friend logs in and has low fps. Same thing happened on another server, but at that time I had the low fps and he had the high.

Thing is, I log in a server and everything is great. My friend logs in and has low fps. Same thing happened on another server, but at that time I had the low fps and he had the high.

poo poo happens :)

just try finding a server u both are running fine on