Sign in to follow this  
straw

I wonder what people do ingame

Me and my pal fuelled up our chopper and decided to give it away + have some fun. The plan was circle around & land in cherno/electro and defend as long as possible. Problem? yes, no one was there. We flew around the whole map and the only people we saw were sitting on the rim (maintaining vehicles? or w/e ) or around the woods in NWAF. That was around 8pm on a server with ~25 players ingame. Not a single one of them around the coast or big cities. Also berezino, stary sobor... empty.

We endet up circling the NWAF and landing in the middle! of it. I wasnt even shooting at people just watching their behavior. They were all after the chopper and started killing each other in wester woods of the NWAF.

I saw a ghillie guy shooting a 3 man team through my scope. As 2 of the team tried to run out of the forrest I shot some bullets in front of their feet so they return to the forrest and they did. Got killed there by ghillie guy. Then I got shot by as50 :( So I couldnt watch how the fight ended or who got the chopper. Also only 6-7 ppl died during this fight.

Pretty boring tbh since I expected everyone coming for the chopper ^^. Is this how ppl play the game now? Just camping the forrests around NWAF and hang around their camps? Only fresh spawns in cherno, electro? Probably it was a bad time or just the wrong server.....

Oh and btw, I got picked up and drove back to the NWAF to loot my body and no one bothered to loot it? gps, 2x nvgs, l85.....

I lurk in the woods scavanging farmhouses avoiding big cities because I'm new and afraid of bandito's.

But tents and vehicles dont save these dayz.

Today CS:Go can be bought :o. If anyone is near devils castle and wants 2xNVG's a coyote backpack, l85 +3mags, as50+2mags maybe not full, 4 svd clips, 5 bizon mags, rangefinder, map, military flashlight you can have my stuff. I wont be playing dayz much until they fix vehicles, tents & graphic bugs

I'm in Europe and wont be online next 24h but after that I'm glad to pass my gear

Edited by straw

Blame the shoot on sight aspect of the game. Only those willing to really stick out there neck and try to communicate are going to be the ones roaming possibly looking for some interaction with other people.

As for the rest? Well a lot are just trying to avoid other people all together, then there are the bandits / murderers who don't like to be in the 500 meter range of anyone they kill with there duped AS50 as they don't want the actual risk of killing someone who could kill them back.

Actually your lucky you seen the firefight you did, the heli is still one of those things not many have and will fight tooth and nail even close combat, to get to.

• Like 1

@ iordania - pm me about when you can get on, on thursday, I can meet you almost any place also I will destroy my tent which has guns in it. fn fal, bizon, m16 acog and dmr & ghillie if its still there, I wasnt there since dayz so maybe its gone. My only request is not to shoot me afterwards since I want to keep my silenced pistol on my character.

@ gambles - you are absolutely right, when I began to play this game I got into awesome gunfights and intense situations even on server with very low players on. Now we are just riding or flying around the map doing stupid stuff. Joining on a full 50-60 man server ends up being teleported into air or some place or nuked....

Edited by straw