CptBywater

Problems with coast spawning to stop loot farming.

The development team has changed the game so when you keep changing servers you will spawn on the coast with all your gear after 3 or 4 hops. The problem with this system is if someone has a bad connection and is disconnected a few times, then it will repsawn them on the coast even if they keep joining the same server. Please fix this.

*EDIT* I used the bad connection as an example!!

I did not know that this is a bug, I heard it was added by the dev team.

Sorry.

Edited by CptBywater

If you have a bad connection, don't play.

Fixed.

• Like 1

It's not even after 3 or 4 hops. I had this happen twice yesterday, and I left a loading screen and joined a different server, I was on the coast. Some people said that they didn't even change servers at all and on their first try then were on the coast.

Isn't it speculation that this is why it's happening?

Or to put it another way..... Source?

Edited by Disgraced

I thought this was a bug? You mean it's intentional???

Dev team - can we get some clarity on this? I mean, it's not working as intended....

I was in the north when I logged out.

Later on, hours later I may add, I logged back in and was on the debug plains. Fuck it, I thought - and logged back out. I try and get in game, but hang on the loading screen, so I quit and re-log .... and appear at the coast.

That's two log-in attempts. Only one of which worked.

Also, I lost all my gear on the debug plains - but meh, shit happens and it's Alpha.

Edit - thanks disgraced - so it's just specualtion. Phew.

Edited by Bottlerocket

If you don't have anything intelligent to say, don't post.

Fixed.

Edited by ptk

Do you exit your current server mid loading screen? Because if you end up dropping the game mid loading screen, the sever forgets where you last were and will remember your gear, but it will think your a fresh spawn throwing you on the coast.

If you have a bad connection, don't play.

Fixed.

that BS how can you limit it to people that live in town.

i live in rural area and my dsl not the best but at lest i got nets .

i love this game and with your logic i can't play because i wont live in town with all the troll's like you

Edited by BigFatJohnSon

It's not a mechanic

It's a bug in the location data being corrupted while loading into a server

Quitting your .exe in the middle of a loading screen has a high chance of corrupting this data

So does extended server hopping, each serverjoin has the possibility of fucking things up in the HIVE database

Once your location data is corrupted the game will put you into the debug forest/ocean, and DayZ will put you on the coast to prevent that

Again: this is not a mechanic

The development team has changed the game so when you keep changing servers you will spawn on the coast with all your gear after 3 or 4 hops. The problem with this system is if someone has a bad connection and is disconnected a few times, then it will repsawn them on the coast even if they keep joining the same server. Please fix this.

Sorry dude, but if you have a shit connection you should really stick to single player games, you can't expect modern games design to revolve around 56k dial ups.....

Another way of doing this is being updated to 1.7.2.5, trying to join a 1.7.2.4 server(Getting stuck at the loading screen and then alt+f4), and then trying to join a 1.7.2.5 server at the end of it. This ALWAYS respawns my friends and me. If you are at 1.7.2.5, ALWAYS make sure you join a 1.7.2.5 server.

Sorry dude, but if you have a shit connection you should really stick to single player games, you can't expect modern games design to revolve around 56k dial ups.....

Just because people get disconnected randomly doesn't mean they have 56k. I get you are just using that as a horrible example or w/e you want to call it, but yes...Games DO have to develop around disconnecting issues. It's part of the real world. Battleye will randomly kick people which can count as a disconnect. Why should these people have to suffer for a client error?? I had my friend get kicked by battle eye while we were on a dirt bike. I got thrown off, broke my leg and died instantly..While it was funny, it sucked cause he didn't die and I did(lol), but the bike also got glitched. Or what happens during a thunderstorm? So until you think about all the circumstances that can be considered a "disconnect", please don't talk.

Edit: Also, if you want to take into consideration: Servers say that disconnect during combat = ban. Once again, battle eye can cause this problem and the admin won't know. There needs to be a way where it tells you if a player alt +f4, aborted, or lost connection due to an internet problem itself.

Edit: My friend also says he confirmed if you log out while in shock, you have a higher chance of being spawned on coast. This may be why some people say it is intentional or still may just be a bug.

Edited by Ajvkorn
  • Like 1

I think this is a bug.

And if not, then fuck.

I server hop all the time. Why? Because I live in Australia. Australian servers are hacked up the ass, always over full, and are generally night time when I want to play. So fuck that. And finding servers in america that don't just go 'LOL HIGH PING *KICK*' is a fucking chore.

that BS how can you limit it to people that live in town.

i live in rural area and my dsl not the best but at lest i got nets .

i love this game and with your logic i can't play because i wont live in town with all the troll's like you

You can't expect the rest of the world to suffer because of your towns bad Internet.

I'm sorry but online games are based on being online, we can't base games on people having trouble staying online.

You can't expect the rest of the world to suffer because of your towns bad Internet.

I'm sorry but online games are based on being online, we can't base games on people having trouble staying online.

I live in rural area my nets are just fine when there's no bad weather and i don't expect the world to stop playing because of my DSL not working right .

I do expect not to get punished for my DSL crapping out . i don't alt F4 in a gun fight and i don't DC when zeds are killing me i take my death and go on

even tho i love this game i wont play it or support it if i'am going to be punished when my DSL crap's out.

i also expect games DEV's to realize this.

not every one wont's to live in the city .

this face palm :facepalm: is for who all think's that rural area's don't deserve to play online games

• Like 1

Source?

My source is what other people have said, I know it isn't reliable but hey-ho.

Yeah, sure...

So, what OP is saying is that the .1% still running on strings and tin cans for a connection are more important than than the rest of the players.

And, in turn, we have to deal with all the kids loot surfing cause they are chumps and can't find shit by doing it properly.

Yeah, OK, buddy!

2,267,233,742 people on this Planet are internet users, out of >7billion people, that is a huge minority. So no, the world wont suffer.

Source: http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm

Edited by CptBywater

I was placing a tent in novy sober the tent got tree glitched then i went for dinner, after i logged back on in kanemka every time i spawn somewhere else and sometimes i don't for around 2 times. I want to play so bad. Its not a problem of internet connection or constant logging off its a BUGGGGG. :emptycan:

@ironman Tetsuo

I have a 100mbps connection, averaging 90mbps, and this fucking bug has happened to me countless times so having a good connection still wont fix it happening.

Today i went to log on a server and it froze, completely froze on the loading part of x/41kb loaded, it got stuck at 37 so i used task manager to close it and reloaded into another server and then I'm at Kemenka and i was in the fields around novy so gf me L.

Happens to me after 2 log in log outs , i only switch servers if the loading takes more than 5 min or there is a hacker obviously or if it's nightime , i do not server hop as an exploit , i server hop to avoid shitty play . ( i do play nighttime sometimes )