crockett (DayZ)

12k hackers banned my ass

Rocket/dayz staff leave admins helpless with their do not do not do not list

BE has now "New Major BattlEye Anti-Cheat Features" for servers LINK HERE

you all realise that 12,000 out of 1.2M is like 1% its really not that many for a mod that is in alpha

The OP is right, even we got a lot of these threads. I've been killed two times yesterday, by hackers. A total of three. I can only laugh about the numbers by BE. They may do a good job, but it's the peak of an iceberg. They have not found a real solution yet. I love the game, i love the mod and i don't quit. But the situation is ridiculous.

..or just bad luck? I've seen 1 hacker in my entire play time.. and even then, all he had done was "carpet bomb" cherno

That's what i said at first. Just keep playing...

The OP is right, even we got a lot of these threads. I've been killed two times yesterday, by hackers. A total of three. I can only laugh about the numbers by BE. They may do a good job, but it's the peak of an iceberg. They have not found a real solution yet. I love the game, i love the mod and i don't quit. But the situation is ridiculous.

Well the issue with any anti cheat system is it can't really do much until someone actually cheats or goes to cheat. If its known before hand and they try something sure it can grab them before...but in general such systems only really catch people after they've done stuff. Kinda like laws. Laws don't prevent Bob from murdering John and instead generally serve to punish him later.

After watching a youtube video of one of the hacks that is out there it's no wonder half the people don't realize they got killed by a hacker. The guy is running around and can see every zombie, player, vehicle near him and has a distance to them.. Meaning all he has to do is run in general direction til he's close then shoot them. This pretty much explains how people can easily track you down when you are in middle of woods or while you are being careful.

This wasn't even the same hack that I saw the guy using on ownedTV.. So who knows how many different ones are out there..

BTW..really rocket you did trademark the name dayz didn't yea? Please say yes... So how about sending a DMCA to the host/domain registrar and get the name pulled.. At the very least DMCA their ass because they are using screen shots & videos using game content.. At the very least you guys can get off your ass and get their domain removed.

Anyway I'm done with this mod til they fix it if they can.. Shame because I pretty much wasted 30 bucks to buy Arma & the add on just to play this mod.

Edited by crockett

you must be new then. In the last 4days I've seen at least 5-10 hackers

Just today I was walking near elektro and 3guys in boat were gliding in the air pass me.

Its out of hand, Once I get good gear like as-50, gps, night v, etc ill just die by a hacker the next day.

as50, gps, nightvision? Smells like duping.

I've played since the spring, and I've only seen one hacker. Probably 250~ ingame hours, rarely on the same servers.

as50, gps, nightvision? Smells like duping.

I've played since the spring, and I've only seen one hacker. Probably 250~ ingame hours, rarely on the same servers.

I don't know how to dupe so nah. We keep killing hackers, finding tents/vehicles with hacked items in it or create boxes or what ever they are