Sign in to follow this  
Snipes7

Install Issues

I was previously playing DayZ with no issues up until yesterday when I started to get the following errors.

"Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack'"

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope'."

Being hasty and not waiting for a response (Sorry Ped!) I uninstalled everything and decided to try from scratch.

The first time I installed Arma II I got the free version off the website and then OA from Steam. This time around I was following a guide and got the Demo (free) version and OA from Steam. When I try to launch Arma II I get the following error.

"Steam Error. Failed to contact Key Server"

Now I'm stuck and not sure what to do. If I download the free version from the website (no key issues there) and OA from Steam again will I just get the original error? Any easy (I'm not the best with computers) guide to work through this issue?

Thanks for all the help!

im no expert but i had to explain the installing procces to some of my friends, so i might be a little of help

did you try to run arma for the first time with already installed dayz mod? because you need to run arma II(free) and OA at least once before beginning the installation procces

and what guide do/did you use, maybe someone might be able to find out what went wrong in it

I was able to run Arma when I downloaded it from the website. When I get it from Steam I get the CD key issue and can't log in.

The second time around I was trying to follow Kodabar DayZ's install guide.

Anyone have a reliable way to reinstall? I would try anything at this point.