kinex

To servers owners:veteran instead of regular

I know that most of you guys just bought Arma 2 CO only for this mod...this could be good for the comminity and what not.

But for sure most of you don't know very well how Arma works.

I noticed that most of the server have "Regular" difficutly instead of "Veteran".

They don't even know the difference between the two..

Do you know that if you put Regular as difficulty setting in the server, you can spot enemies far far away without even seeing them?

This is lame and is a break from the immersion and simulation.

Veteran instead don't use the lame spot thing, and disable the crosshair.

I strongly suggest that servers choose veteran as difficulty ...is not a hardcore thing...just this isn't your Battlefield or COD where you can spot enemies pressin Q, and i know that most people would even disable the spot option. Is not etilism, only i notice that most if the Dayz players are completely new to ARMA. Don't ruin it. Disable the spotting thing, it's just lame.

This is a different thing. This is more similar to reality than anything. this is ARMA!

I know that most of you guys just bought Arma 2 CO only for this mod...this could be good for the comminity and what not.

But for sure most of you don't know very well how Arma works.

I noticed that most of the server have "Regular" difficutly instead of "Veteran".

They don't even know the difference between the two..

Do you know that if you put Regular as difficulty setting in the server' date=' you can spot enemies far far away without even seeing them?

This is lame and is a break from the immersion and simulation.

Veteran instead don't use the lame spot thing, and disable the crosshair.

I strongly suggest that servers choose veteran as difficulty ...is not a hardcore thing...just this isn't your Battlefield or COD where you can spot enemies pressin Q, and i know that most people would even disable the spot option. Is not etilism, only i notice that most if the Dayz players are completely new to ARMA. Don't ruin it. Disable the spotting thing, it's just lame.

This is a different thing. This is more similar to reality than anything. this is ARMA!

[/quote']

Sorry no. I can't play in first person, it's too clunky and a lot of people agree. If you don't like it, there are servers that cater to your style, and there are servers that cater to my style.

I agree with IAMASurvivor. Even though I prefer to have third person disabled and as little HUD as possible, having different servers with different settings I think is a good thing. Pehaps there could be tags in the server names for the settings they use so you can filter the settings that you want to play with.

I avoid servers with player names visible. It's unrealistic to be able to spot players through walls or dense vegetation, and it can be abused easily.

Sorry no. I can't play in first person' date=' it's too clunky and a lot of people agree.[/quote']

Well, alot of people don't know all the possibilities you have in Arma or how to adjust your settings/controls to suit you. Even in first person. :dodgy:

What you call clunky is actually called "floating zone" and can be adjusted to your personal preference. That said, this floating zone has its own advantages, it simply takes some time to fully get used to it.

Aside from that, you can zoom further out, to gain additional peripheral vision for close quarter situations. Not to mention the possibility of using head-tracking systems.

I like the ARMA engine, but im inclined to disagree with you, first person is just too clunky in a game where you need to be able to hit very fast moving objects, plus with the ever present danger of other players, third person has saved my ass many times, not because of noob mistakes, simply because thats just how the engine works.

leave 3rd person on, but on regular I can spot people over 2km away! ridiculous, just wave your crosshair about and find people

1st or 3rd person is really personal choice, i don't mind playing against 3rd person people (well maybe one thing that upsets me is when they use it to peek behind corners).

What I can't stand is having to play in non crosshair servers, for the far-spot thing, and then not having a way to quickly tell my friends apart when moving in pack (face it, you can watch weapons and whatnot but it'll never match the real life variety of details that one could quickly recognize).

so yes 3rd person, no regular server, only veteran. Seems good.

I'd prefer it if all servers were forced to play at difficulty disallowing range finder/identifier tags with the mouse wheel/space-bar.

This a hundred times.

1st or 3rd person is really personal choice' date=' i don't mind playing against 3rd person people (well maybe one thing that upsets me is when they use it to peek behind corners).

What I can't stand is having to play in non crosshair servers, for the far-spot thing, and then not having a way to quickly tell my friends apart when moving in pack (face it, you can watch weapons and whatnot but it'll never match the real life variety of details that one could quickly recognize).

[/quote']

That's the only reason i want servers to keep being on regular difficulty.

Admit it, if you even try to play in group, not being able to tell someone from another is a pain in the a**.

It's only promoting PK, since except from the bandit skin, they can no longer be identified and do as they please.

As long as there is no way to recognize easily someone, i'd rather have regular servers.

Tiri, that's what direct communication and teamspeak use.

Such ingenuos players like you that communicate on the public chat ( the blue one) are my favorite prey, cause they give in public hint on theyr location.

HOW PATHETIC AHAHAHHA (evil laugh).

Tiri' date=' that's what direct communication and teamspeak use.

Such ingenuos players like you that communicate on the public chat ( the blue one) are my favorite prey, cause they give in public hint on theyr location.

[/quote']

This, its ridiculous.

general chat - 'HEY GUYS ANYONE IN CHERNO? I JUST FOUND AN M4, HEADING THERE NOW, ANYONE WANNA TEAM UP?'

5 minutes later

general chat - 'FUCKING PK'ERS KILLED ME WHAT THE FUCK'.

/sigh

all server should be set as Veteran...because is a game of survival, survivaling make use of every situation in advantage of self.

So if surviving means stay 2 hours in the woods...i want to hide well.

It's not right that someone point at me with theyr noob crooshair and see not only the approximate area in highlights but also my status and the distance!!! so ridicoulous, DEVS this is a call from veteran, please stop this bullshit!

Tiri' date=' that's what direct communication and teamspeak use.

[/quote']

Have you ever thought that our native language is not always english, and everydoby doesn't have a fluent english, mainly because of the accent ?

In a game where bandits and PMC are all the same, i want to be able to recognize and tell the name of someone if i want to talk to him. And no, not being able to recognize someone is as realist as shit. Even ACE does this.

And using direct communication for typing still doesn't work, i tried it several times.

3rd person is for pussies. And I've been playing Arma since it was Operation Flashpoint so there (and I don't mean the console version - that's for pussies too.) Oh, and the other 4 guys I play with have all had Arma 2 since it came out. So there again.

It doesn't seem fair to get weapons and gear in a much easier environment such as third person and long range name recognition with crosshairs and then to be able to transfer to a more difficult type of server and use those weapons and gear against other players.

No, I prefer to play in 3d person. Though all servers should disable the fact you can spot other survivors range and name by moving your crosshair on them, a few already got it disabled.

Two words "Military Simulator"

I registered just to say that I refuse to play on non-veteran servers. All UO servers are veteran and have good latency for me so I play exclusively on those. I'm not sure what the proportion of veteran to regular among the other servers are.

Regular seems to me to be antithetical to the entire point of the game. I just don't understand why you would even bother to go through the trouble of installing and playing a hardcore, survival simulator mod based on immersion and realism but then use third person, and a magic hand-holding cross-hair that tells you a player's name and distance.

Now if people prefer to play that way, well that's your thing and I don't mind if there are servers that cater to the more casual player. I just feel like its bad for the whole game-play experience when people can use alt and third person to check around corners without exposing themselves, or get a player's name and distance when they can't even physically see them.

So for those of you who like to play in first person make sure you only play on veteran servers or you're put at a marked disadvantage.

variety is good. if you want to play on a veteran server, then play on one. if you don't, don't.

the problem is that people earn their reputation...and Arma has low popularity because is even less immediate than Red Orchestra 2.

Then come the causal player...the same player that buys more than 2 or 3 games a months...this kind of player buy all the POPular and trendy videogames...actually playing ARMA in 3rd person adn with crosshair on equals to listening to Justin Bieber and Britney Spears instead of some good ACDC.

They play the way they could get the most advantage...is like driving into a wall with a flight simulator just for the same of glitching.

Beware..this is the people that ruin our economy, a PLAGUE for the humanity. The same people that want EASY AND FAST solution to hard problem that require mind power.

I really hope arma 3 is so hard and bugged that all this casual babbyes go back to shitty battlefield 3 or theyr mass gay effect for what i care.

DEVS: your mod maybe fun, but you are attracting the casuals...please put as obligatory VETERAN INSTEAD OF REGULAR.

Actually, one of the major reasons for the fault in the economy was listening to only the 'veteran' economists, who all happened to be of the Keynesian school, instead of taking in opinions from less regarded economists, ie. Austrian schoolers.

This situation can be applied to here, too: While I think it's fair to say some opinions are simply reactionary and can be discarded ('WTF I GOT SHOT BY BANDIT 0/10 SHITTY GAME WOULD NOT PLAY UNLESS I HAVE INFINITE HEALTH'), disregarding any dissenting opinions as 'casual' is the sort of thing that WILL lead to stagnation in a mod.