Matalgirrafe

End Game / Nothing to do

Everytime I hear "end-game" I have 1 of 2 reactions.

1.) Would be to strangle the twit while explaining there is no effing end game in a alpha!

2.) Would be to plant my size 13 boot in their WoW ass! End game in DayZ is what you make of it. This isn't that game!

I need to quit reading these forums for a while!

So stop going to the goddam tents.

I've played with a guy like you for the last month. It started by finding our first car and loading it with guns so we could kill people and not worry, eventually we'd just remember were tents were on our server, and run straight there when we died. I stopped playing for about a week not long ago because it got so boring. It defeated the purpose of the game.

I had every tool in the game on me, an AS50, L85, ghillie, NVG's, range finder, coyote, you name it.

I made a decision. I placed 2 satchel charges on the ground near the school, ran around and collected atleast 40 zombies, ran back to the charges, gave a salute and killed all of us.

I started a new life with a different friend. I refuse to take anything from tents other than food and water now. I'm going to earn my gear or just stop playing.

While I say that, last night I got reset to the coast, ran to elektro firestation and found an M249 on the floor with 3x200 round belts with it. Can't complain really.

• Like 1

sounds like the right move aussiestig

i have read ppl talking about how in reality "gearing up up north" doesnt mean just trekking to the airfield. it means trekking to the airfield and then spending hours upon hours "farming" - i.e. server hopping an empty airfield.. so OF COURSE when they have done that the 3rd or 4th time they dont want to die to a hacker or lose it to anyone again so you sit back and call end game

thats the "work". the work is a kind of tedious farming play you make yourselves do and which isnt how the game was designed to be played. dont do it and the game (particularly dying) wont feel like work. i personally havent even held most the arma guns in dayz

Well, I mean, this thing has only been in real development for a few months now. It's not going to have a full cycle of play. It's barely functional as is, and people want to see one of the hardest parts of making a game developed already? Jeez.

That is a good point my sir, and i'm pretty moronic for not actually thinking about that, seeing as I normally am a "APLHA FUCKERS" type person.
  • Like 1

So stop going to the goddam tents.

I've played with a guy like you for the last month. It started by finding our first car and loading it with guns so we could kill people and not worry, eventually we'd just remember were tents were on our server, and run straight there when we died. I stopped playing for about a week not long ago because it got so boring. It defeated the purpose of the game.

I had every tool in the game on me, an AS50, L85, ghillie, NVG's, range finder, coyote, you name it.

I made a decision. I placed 2 satchel charges on the ground near the school, ran around and collected atleast 40 zombies, ran back to the charges, gave a salute and killed all of us.

I started a new life with a different friend. I refuse to take anything from tents other than food and water now. I'm going to earn my gear or just stop playing.

While I say that, last night I got reset to the coast, ran to elektro firestation and found an M249 on the floor with 3x200 round belts with it. Can't complain really.

Okay I go to Chernogorsk then get AKM's or AK74, then i'm set. Doesn't matter if i don't have the highest grade gear, I can still kill any zombie that comes at me.
  • Like 1

Just got all the way to the north while fully geared. Found a camp with two quads, a car and four tents full of stuff. I thought to myself "What's the point in gearing up if I'm just going to be bored? I have more fun as a fresh spawn on the coast".

So I drove the quads and the car into the tents, parked them all REAL close together and stood between the lot. I threw a grenade at my feet and saluted myself JUST as an M107 started firing at me. I destroyed all the cars and the tents and am now back on the coast as a fresh spawn.

Being an ass is fun! :D

Personally, I cannot stand to hear/read the phrase 'endgame' with regards to DayZ. In my opinion the 'endgame' is when you spawn on the beach of broken dreams, the whole game is this 'endgame' of which you speak.

The phrase 'endgame' implies that you will have to wade through various degrees of boring, shit content to get to the good stuff. That's not my experience of DayZ at all.

People want to have gucci kit, thats human nature, but getting your outfit that is made out of compost and the .50 rifle does mean you have beaten the game. When I start a life in DayZ I don't have a shopping list, I go with what I can find and that has lead to some great experiences in game.

• Like 2

Just got all the way to the north while fully geared. Found a camp with two quads, a car and four tents full of stuff. I thought to myself "What's the point in gearing up if I'm just going to be bored? I have more fun as a fresh spawn on the coast".

So I drove the quads and the car into the tents, parked them all REAL close together and stood between the lot. I threw a grenade at my feet and saluted myself JUST as an M107 started firing at me. I destroyed all the cars and the tents and am now back on the coast as a fresh spawn.

Being an ass is fun! :D

all you did was destroy the stuff until next server reset

which in all likelihood was in a few hours from when you destroyed them.

all you did was destroy the stuff until next server reset

which in all likelihood was in a few hours from when you destroyed them.

It still felt satisfying ;)

Didn't read your post, Doom2 demo didn't have an endgame either, I still cry myself to sleep.

Didn't read your post, Doom2 demo didn't have an endgame either, I still cry myself to sleep.

Try reading it next time.

This post right here shows everything that is wrong with the gaming community these days. Here we have an open ended sand box zombie survival game where you can do what ever you want. Yet someone still wants to be spoon fed everything and have the developer hold their hand all the way through the game.

Gearing up is only a small fraction of the game. People here have offered suggestions as to what you can do. Yet they don't seem to be good enough for you.

Exactly.

These dayz... life is what you make it.

Do I get a nifty internet dayZ pun award now? Did I make a funny? Please like me!

• Like 1

Its like the people that demanded an End game for Minecraft. Notch gave them Enderman Then the enderworld followed by the Enderdragon.. An epic boss fight that you'd do once and never have any desire or reason to ever do again. What kind of ENd game do you expect? If this scenario were to actually happen how much worse is it going to get? In reality food and resources would become more scarce as time goes by. I honestly dont see how they can add any kind of end game to this style of game. Do you want boss fights? Maybe collecting of resource which are then used for constructing a head quarters? Its like asking what it is you are supposed to do in Bf 3 once you have unlocked all weapon's and upgrades. You continue to play the game the way you have. if that bores you then move on to another game until that one becomes dull.

I travel Chernarus with a clan and tbh we have run into the same problem. We get together, load up on food/water/fuel/ammo, hop in one of our many vehicles and then we say "ok, where to now?" to which someone responds "idk."

Lootwise we have everything we ever wanted. Each time on of us dies we can always just pick them up and take them to their body before it despawns so loot loss is basically never an issue except for clothing.

I'm starting to think that becoming a Whitelisted medic might be a good idea. At least we would know where to go and what to do.

Sorry, I want to focus on something.

Within 15 minutes you have NVGs. Please explain to me how?

Because either the time frame or the items you are collecting is an exaggeration. In which case you basically invalidate your entire arguement. Unless of course you have tents setup and duped all your items to ensure you remain 'end-game'?

This is an alpha and extremely limited as to what Rocket and team can include. Stand alone will begin to include PvE elements I'm certain of it. Additionally, with WarZ beta within a month and retail in the next 4-5, the ideas and end game elements within that should ensure Rocket and team have something to work towards to meet and/or exceed in their DayZ stand alone retail.

Seriously, I don't understand why people think a mod should be the 'be all and end all' of what they want or expect. Arma 2 wasn't created for DayZ, DayZ was modded onto Arma 2 to get a feel for ideas and base coding, not create a selling mod. This feeling of self-entitlement and know-it-all-ism on how to create a game is overwhelming lately.

Sorry, I want to focus on something.

Within 15 minutes you have NVGs. Please explain to me how?

Because either the time frame or the items you are collecting is an exaggeration. In which case you basically invalidate your entire arguement. Unless of course you have tents setup and duped all your items to ensure you remain 'end-game'?

This is an alpha and extremely limited as to what Rocket and team can include. Stand alone will begin to include PvE elements I'm certain of it. Additionally, with WarZ beta within a month and retail in the next 4-5, the ideas and end game elements within that should ensure Rocket and team have something to work towards to meet and/or exceed in their DayZ stand alone retail.

Seriously, I don't understand why people think a mod should be the 'be all and end all' of what they want or expect. Arma 2 wasn't created for DayZ, DayZ was modded onto Arma 2 to get a feel for ideas and base coding, not create a selling mod. This feeling of self-entitlement and know-it-all-ism on how to create a game is overwhelming lately.

I actually do find top grade items on 15 minutes if I get a Kamenka or Komorovo spawn, just head north and find other players tent sites and get good stuff all round, and if i'm lucky even a coyote backpack.

I mentioned more to do in Chernarus, I don't know what but I have often discussed with friends 'Money' in Day Z, find it on zombies etc. It would be great to have vending machines you could buy food from (This might make it too easy so it could be junk food that doesn't cure starvation all the way or doesn't heal any blood). Money would be extremely rare etc. and you could use it for other things possibly purchase goods and weaponry from NPC vendors like a Dead Rising kind of deal.

Dear god no. Just no. I dont want to be running around finding rinky dink in game money to use. vending machines sure, bust them open to get stuff maybe. But currency..nup. Metagaming provides trade oppurtunities, even without it i am sure many have traded gear in game. especially after helping someone.

The whole end game concept is a hard one to get right, who wants the old school big boss type level ? , you mentioned airport with 200 plus zeds, that is the same principle, been done a million times, predictable and boring. End game is what you make it thus far, our groups endgame is still just survival of the char, helping people where we can, hopefully taking out some bandidos, seeing what the next patch brings and working along with it. I dont know if the dev team even has an endgame planned, from what i have read there is no such thing envisaged.

Obviously the duping and hopping made the game too easy too quickly..it is many users fault that so they are bored already and have nothing to do. Remember when you first started and the whole feel of finding something better than the mak or your first winnie ? Well that is out of the game for most of the playerbase ..because of the playerbase. Now its wow..look an as50, nvgs and a gps. I didnt even see that stuff for the first month or so, now it is rampant. Kills the whole gear up adventure.

Matalgirrafe, on 14 August 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Games are supposed to provide fun, I shouldn't have to work to get fun.

This post right here shows everything that is wrong with the gaming community these days. Here we have an open ended sand box zombie survival game where you can do what ever you want. Yet someone still wants to be spoon fed everything and have the developer hold their hand all the way through the game.

Gearing up is only a small fraction of the game. People here have offered suggestions as to what you can do. Yet they don't seem to be good enough for you.

qft.

Edited by Hetstaine

So...tents make the game boring because dying is meaningless now?

Got it.

So...tents make the game boring because dying is meaningless now?

Got it.

Duping and server hopping.

Clearly didn't get it.

I have been stuck in the same place you are! You could team up with players (that is what makes this game REALLY fun) find vehicles, make camp setups. I would highly suggest that you should play on expert in a high populated server.