Sign in to follow this  
Obsolescence

Can you Alt-F4 from a 0.50 cal bodyshot?

Title basically says it all. Ealier tonight I shot some guy named Ace in the body with a 0.50 cal sniper at 50m. He died instantly, the chat recognized this, and I got a bandit kill, but his body was gone within 5 seconds or instantly. I never saw or found it. Any idea what might have happened? Pink mist?

Edited by Obsolescence

If someone ALT-F4's while dying their body disappears but you still get the kill.

If someone ALT-F4's while dying their body disappears but you still get the kill.

The reason I ask is because I was under the impression that headshots and instant kills are inescapable. Not true?

From what I understand, the body's gone, they won't be able to recover it - despite their best disconnecting efforts, it just disappears into the inter-server ether. You however are also deprived of the loot.

Edited by Fidels

Happened to me too. Nothing you can do.

it is a coward move. they want to punish you for killing them so they alt f4 immediately after getting killed. their body disappears as well as all of their loot. they spawn on the beach with nothing as usual and their loot just get sacrificed to the server gods. you feel satisfaction from killing them. they feel satisfaction for not letting you have their hard earned loot. in the end i hope they fix it when they release the stand alone.