Sign in to follow this  
SixTsevN

DayZ data store?

Hey there,

I'm thinking about transfering my combined ops data from my pc to laptop so I can go to a friends house and play DayZ together.

I was going to just transfer all of the combined ops files to my laptop but, I really just want the DayZ game save with all my stuff in it.

Where in the (steamapps>common>Arma2/Arma2 OA) folder is the save data for my DayZ character?

It is saved by the hive so as long as you have the same CD KEY and GUID then you will have your character.

Your character´s progress is saved on the server side (Hive).

Edited by Drogur

I believe it's only linked by your cdkey, all the data is stored on the hive, someone correct me if I'm wrong

I believe it's only linked by your cdkey, all the data is stored on the hive, someone correct me if I'm wrong

Correct.

Where in the (steamapps>common>Arma2/Arma2 OA) folder is the save data for my DayZ character?

why has no one called this guy out for attempting to dupe yet? This is OLD SCHOOL duping......

Copy Character data to desktop. Open game. Drop all gear on ground / tent / give to friend. Close game and paste old character data over newly saved empty character.\

^ That question was a retarded duper......

(IF he was being honest all he would have to do is install on laptop, then compare data file differences and copy paste over)