Sign in to follow this  
Obsolescence

Spawning on coast when switching servers? READ THIS

I've been trying to puzzle out what is going on with spawning on the coast when switching servers. I now believe that this is due to different server build version numbers (the 5 digit number normally next to the DayZ version number, e.g. 95389).

I've noticed that when I switch between two servers using two different server build versions, I spawn on coast. As long as I stay in the same server build number, I'm fine and my position is retained no matter how many severs I switch between. I haven't yet been able to tease out whether or not a specific server version number is causing the issue, but I've had great success not spawning on the coast anymore since I began following this rule.

Please let me know if you think my understanding is flawed or if there is a better workaround for this issue.

• Like 3

Well it's a hell of a lot better assumption than the people who seem to think that Alt-F4 is the cause (in spite of it happening to people who did not Alt-F4 out of the game and still spawned on the beach). You could easily be on to something here. I was not having this problem until updating to 95883, sorry though I dont recall for sure what my previous beta was. Currently running 1.7.2.4.

I have noticed that when stuck in a loading screen, if I cut out using the task manager, when I come back in im usually on the beach

I read somewhere that it has to do with when you are loading you are placed in a debug region until you finish loading in. When you close the program your location isn't saved in the database since the debug areas are invalid therefore it spawns you on the shore. I'd imagine it would be fixed soon since a lot of people are having this issue.

Edited by kamikazieeddie
  • Like 1

^^ exactly, I think it used to be that with a similar crash at loading you would be stuck in debug (happened to me once, lost all my gear and had to respawn) now in any scenario that would previouly have put you in debug, you are now spawned on the shore intact

Yesterday i switched many servers and some of them even made me load longer than 2 minutes and i just ALT+F4'ed but i never got spawned at the coast again, cause all servers where 95883 version so i belive thats the trick.

I can't get into any servers after the last update. And when I do I do spawn on the coast, almost everytime. I wait in loading for like 30mins and when I can't get in I just ctrl alt del...

then when I do find a server I am coast spawned... so I think it is cause of the exiting without saving. Thanks for bringing up the topic.

What ever the cause is, its not limited to switching between servers as this just happened when i logged out then back into the same sever after being away for 15 minutes. Whats worse is when you are spawn on the beach and killed but a magical force at the same time. You normally spawn too far from where you died, that's if you are aware of where you died in the first place. Would be nice to figure this one out because its pretty frustrating when we have to spend hours trying to find our friends all over again.

95883 seemed extra buggy, I had spawned on the coast a couple of times running that version but never lost my stuff or changed skins.

I decided to roll back to 95417 for awhile until the latest patches were sorted out.

Today I made the leap to 95913 and I spawned properly, in the last place I saved.

I read somewhere that it has to do with when you are loading you are placed in a debug region until you finish loading in. When you close the program your location isn't saved in the database since the debug areas are invalid therefore it spawns you on the shore. I'd imagine it would be fixed soon since a lot of people are having this issue.

This.

I also spawned with a completely empty inventory. That hurt a bit.

I

I've been trying to puzzle out what is going on with spawning on the coast when switching servers. I now believe that this is due to different server build version numbers (the 5 digit number normally next to the DayZ version number, e.g. 95389).

I've noticed that when I switch between two servers using two different server build versions, I spawn on coast. As long as I stay in the same server build number, I'm fine and my position is retained no matter how many severs I switch between. I haven't yet been able to tease out whether or not a specific server version number is causing the issue, but I've had great success not spawning on the coast anymore since I began following this rule.

Please let me know if you think my understanding is flawed or if there is a better workaround for this issue.

No, that must be just coincidence. The spawn-at-coast-bug has been happening to me in variations (with or without losing gear, with or without prior placement into debug area) in a gaming session I spent solely on one server, which was/is running the latest beta/patch.

i had the problem when i abort the loading screen (e.g. when i thought I was stuck there)

got a solution for this, when you get stuck on the loading screen dont close it, minimize it and open another client log into a server with the second one then once your completely loaded in then close the other one, this will still work even if 1,2 or 3 of your clients you open get stuck as long as you log in with one you wont get spawned on the coast