Sign in to follow this  
speca

Killing unarmed players

Guys, i am a bandit but i have values.

May i ask some of you who do this, why do you kill un armed players?

They mean no threat to you, the have minimal gear, they may even be new to the game!

Insted of killing unarmed players i help them, give them gear and teach them the ropes, i suggest you do the same, the bandits that KOS unarmed players give the rest of us bandits a bad reputation.

What do my fellow bandits think, can we change the way people view us? Steal from the rich and give to the poor i say!

Regards,

Auzzii

• Like 5

I like your approach to banditry, nothing annoys me more than a "bandit sniper" sitting with with an AS50 on the hill overlooking Elektro killing unarmed/lightly armed people.

• Like 2

I personally only kill people that I view as a threat. I'm not a bandit.

That said, unarmed players aren't always nonthreatening. It's very easy to take a PDW, stuff it into a coyote pack and sneak up on an altruistic feeling bandit, and get yourself a fresh kit. You have to judge behavior when you look at fresh spawns. Do they make rookie mistakes, or did they bolt for the trees and start heading straight towards a barn?

You play like you play.. I'll play like I play.. Another QQ thread.

This is not a QQ thread, i am simply trying to convince fellow bandits to at least give the un armed players a chance...

People will do this because they are trying to loot a city and this player has the possibility to loot an area before you get there taking away from the loot that they could get. Simple explanation sorry this is how things are.

I kill everything on sight. if I am in a populated area, even if they have absolutely nothing. The chance is that they will find a weapon and try to kill me is too high.

I like your approach to banditry, nothing annoys me more than a "bandit sniper" sitting with with an AS50 on the hill overlooking Elektro killing unarmed/lightly armed people.

I also hate that guy, but I also shoot unarmed fresh spawns.

The way I see it, an unarmed player is just a bandit who isn't prepared for a fight. I don't wait for an armed player to notice me before shooting them, so why wait for an unarmed player to find a gun before shooting them?

This is a game of survival, if you don't like being killed when you're unarmed? Don't be unarmed. If you want to kill someone who's unarmed? Do so. I'll kill you if I feel like it, I'm not a bandit, I'm just ruthless. So are many others. There's no code of ethics. Even many of the people who say "WHY DO U KILL UNARMED PPL?" or "I DON'T KILL UNARMED PPL, I'M A BANDIT WITH MORALS". Have, and probably still do kill unarmed players from time to time. I'm not the only one willing to admit to killing anyone I feel like killing at any given time. If I wanna kill someone why would I stop myself and say "no...no...I shouldn't." F*** that. Don't like it? Who cares.

Edited by Zeux

This is a game of survival, if you don't like being killed when you're unarmed? Don't be unarmed. If you want to kill someone who's unarmed? Do so. I'll kill you if I feel like it, I'm not a bandit, I'm just ruthless. So are many others. There's no code of honor. Even many of the people who say "WHY DO U KILL UNARMED PPL?" or "I DON'T KILL UNARMED PPL, I'M A BANDIT WITH MORALS". Have, and probably still do kill unarmed players from time to time. I'm not the only one willing to admit to killing anyone I feel like killing at any given time. If I wanna kill someone why would I stop myself and say "no...no...I shouldn't." F*** that. Don't like it? Who cares.

Killing unarmed people around the coastline just really bent, chances are they are just fresh from respawning, the worst part is people who go hunting the "spawnees" go away thinking they're some sort of master bandit. It's as simple as just taking a second look at a player before you fire, provided he hasn't seen you of course. Don't just kill him for the sake of it. What's worse is that many people who kill the unarmed/lightly armed fresh from the spawn people are doing it without looting the body, such as snipers on the hills overlooking Elektro.
  • Like 2

Unarmed players are not always as helpless as they seem.... One time, I let an unarmed player live, and to repay me, he took the M1911 out of my backpack and put three bullets in my head :( Nowadays, I still let unarmed players live, but you can bet your ass I keep them at a distance. I learned my lesson!

You know fuck ppl I trust no one and I keep my ass safe I have my team mates and thats all fuck anyone else not like they stoped to ask me anything no just blow me away ASAP

you havent been on the receiving end of a noobs axe have you? i have.... three times.... trust me they are just as cold blooded as i

I spawned, not 2o seconds later see a player with a gun, he kills me... I spawned on the lower left east corner of the coast, in between those little towns. I was right next to a light house, its not like there was a crashed heli near by or anything..

You know fuck ppl I trust no one and I keep my ass safe I have my team mates and thats all fuck anyone else not like they stoped to ask me anything no just blow me away ASAP

yes, they blew a guy in a squad away with their menacing flashlight.

I'm not a bandit, I'm just ruthless.

That is what a bandit is you numb nuts, a ruthless blood lust greedy. People say they only kill those that look like a threat, thats not really a bandit at all but you, a KOS person, are a bandit. You never see survivors KOS random people. I on the other hand am proud to be a bandit, I shoot anyone that isnt in my party. In this mod, you either are a survivor that helps people or bandit, kill people because you want their loot. You sir a a bandit, I'm sorry.

Kill on sight always. Risk they have an axe on toolbelt is far too high to take especially if I'm fully geared

I was spotting for a friend a few days ago when a seemingly unarmed player approached. My friend talked with him for a few seconds, and they appeared to go their separate ways. Moments later, my friend was in a barn, and the "unarmed player" had pulled an ax and cut him down.

Oh a newbie, come here newbie take this gun. BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!

if you see a player ya kill him cuz he can be back 5 min later with a gun, or mabye he got one in his backpack?

no seriously all ppl are KOS not for your own survival, i dont rp like that but cuz it is fun killing them?

Oh a newbie, come here newbie take this gun. BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!

if you see a player ya kill him cuz he can be back 5 min later with a gun, or mabye he got one in his backpack?

no seriously all ppl are KOS not for your own survival, i dont rp like that but cuz it is fun killing them?

Haha ultimate! Spoken like a champ.

I only kill if they don't lower their weapon. otherwise you don't know, they might be friendly. some are, others are just douche bags. This is a dog eat dog game. in a real world zombie apocalypse, if you found someone when the human race is excruciatingly stretched and you find someone? you probably wont shoot them. try to communicate. try to help, or if they don't seem like someone you'd like to play with or ... be around, walk away. you don't need to shoot them. just avoid them. not telling you how to play, just tossing my 2 cents in.

add me on skype if you interested in playing dayz with me :)

Zivman7

It's funny, most of the "I got betrayed" tales in this thread are because the betrayee let the betrayer get the upper hand, There are ways to maintain the upper hand without simply putting a bullet in them, problem is that most of those ways require more work (And I use the term 'more' very loosely). Allow me to share two stories that happened to me to illustrate this fact.

The first happened in Cherno, I was on a US server (I don't have a home server, so I don't pay attention to anything beside ping) and I really wish I'd caught the name of these guys, but I was so convinced they were just going to blow me away at any minute I wasn't thinking straight. But they caught me going into the church, they covered the door, and through direct chat, called for my surrender, they made me put my weapons down, come out, and lay down, then they searched me. This ensured them that I couldn't shoot them in the back. Then they took me, hauled me into their vehicle, and drove me to a little camp outside of town, where they gave me a transfusion, gave me a full stock of ammo for both guns (They still hadn't given them back) and a full set of tools (even a toolbox, never had one of those before, so I was ecstatic). After that, they sent me and another guy, who, as they adamantly informed me, wasn't carrying any gear, to drive out to Kumyrna, where he told me to get out, and to take my guns (which they'd loaded into the back of the car) and to stay away from Cherno. They weren't the friendliest bunch, but damn they were helpful, cautious, and frigging organized, I wish I could remember who they were, I wonder if they need someone who isn't afraid to hit Cherno/Elektro for supplies?

The second isn't quite so in depth, basically I learned from what that group did to me, and applied it to a newbie I saw in the woods by Rog. I saw him wandering around the woods with an axe, so I stepped out a good 10 meters to his side and yelled for him to get on the ground, he complied, so I told him to put the axe away. Which he did, all the while trying to reassure me he was friendly. I came up behind him, telling him not to move or he was dead, and checked his bag, it was clean, so I asked him if he needed any medicine. He said his blood was low, so I gave him a transfusion, tossed him a cooked meat, and told him which direction Rog was, and I watched his back the whole way until he was truly gone. which is when I left.

Now I know this is the "bandit" forum, but it goes to show there are ways to keep the upper hand in an engagement that don't involve popping fresh spawns on the coast. Hell It'd actually be pretty cool if bandits actually started acting like ones, instead of just mindless psychopaths they do currently.

• Like 2

It's funny, most of the "I got betrayed" tales in this thread are because the betrayee let the betrayer get the upper hand, There are ways to maintain the upper hand without simply putting a bullet in them, problem is that most of those ways require more work (And I use the term 'more' very loosely). Allow me to share two stories that happened to me to illustrate this fact.

The first happened in Cherno, I was on a US server (I don't have a home server, so I don't pay attention to anything beside ping) and I really wish I'd caught the name of these guys, but I was so convinced they were just going to blow me away at any minute I wasn't thinking straight. But they caught me going into the church, they covered the door, and through direct chat, called for my surrender, they made me put my weapons down, come out, and lay down, then they searched me. This ensured them that I couldn't shoot them in the back. Then they took me, hauled me into their vehicle, and drove me to a little camp outside of town, where they gave me a transfusion, gave me a full stock of ammo for both guns (They still hadn't given them back) and a full set of tools (even a toolbox, never had one of those before, so I was ecstatic). After that, they sent me and another guy, who, as they adamantly informed me, wasn't carrying any gear, to drive out to Kumyrna, where he told me to get out, and to take my guns (which they'd loaded into the back of the car) and to stay away from Cherno. They weren't the friendliest bunch, but damn they were helpful, cautious, and frigging organized, I wish I could remember who they were, I wonder if they need someone who isn't afraid to hit Cherno/Elektro for supplies?

The second isn't quite so in depth, basically I learned from what that group did to me, and applied it to a newbie I saw in the woods by Rog. I saw him wandering around the woods with an axe, so I stepped out a good 10 meters to his side and yelled for him to get on the ground, he complied, so I told him to put the axe away. Which he did, all the while trying to reassure me he was friendly. I came up behind him, telling him not to move or he was dead, and checked his bag, it was clean, so I asked him if he needed any medicine. He said his blood was low, so I gave him a transfusion, tossed him a cooked meat, and told him which direction Rog was, and I watched his back the whole way until he was truly gone. which is when I left.

Now I know this is the "bandit" forum, but it goes to show there are ways to keep the upper hand in an engagement that don't involve popping fresh spawns on the coast. Hell It'd actually be pretty cool if bandits actually started acting like ones, instead of just mindless psychopaths they do currently.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/didnt-read-darth-vader.gif

While I'm all for just about every type of banditry, this I find just plain stupid and pathetic.

But back on the topic of killing fresh spawns, if I'm out in the open I'll probably let them live, but occasionally I'll take them out in a city if I see them potentially becoming a threat (ideally if there are a lot of guns around). it's all abotu survival.

• Like 1