YeeDeed

A large amount of hacked gear on guys from US1664 with video

My friend was playing on US1664 today, when he told me he was killed in a crazy incident between clans, so a little bit later we decided to check it out. Earlier on, he said a UAZ with 4 clan guys who might be hacking, rammed the bus that him and others were using. One of those guys ( [FEMA]Conscript ) that got out was shot right outside the UAZ driver's side door (which by the way the UAZ had absolutely no damage, and strangely, didn't carry any jerry cans on the vehicle, or on their persons.). When we got there, we saw he had a G36 with mags, and a Makarov SD. I didn't even get to record all the people who had the hacked gear, but there is a good sample of it on this video. Some of the guys who have the hacked gear are clan members, (Names: [FEMA]Conscript, [LGM]Sgt.Brisky) so the pleading ignorance bit is a little unrealistic. Not impossible, but unrealistic. Also it doesn't look like a hacker dropped a hacked weapon in everyone's inventory, because the bodies didn't have similar, or the exact same weapons on their bodies. One guy who we think was named Karma, had around 5 or 6 bodies all around the firestation, with PKM ammo and a PKM on his body (bodies). Do what you want with this info. I'm just giving US1664's admins and players a heads up that an unusual amount of bullshit is going down on your server.

Here's the video:

EDIT: This wasn't today, I'm sorry, this was last night.

Edited by YeeDeed

This is how hacking works in Day Z now. 10 guys get together and pitch 2$ a piece or 5 guys pay 5$ etc. Then 1 guy installs the game and uses the hacks spawning in as many weapons and vehicles as they want and the rest simply pick it up and use it because that isn't a banable offense.

IE hacking has no consequences because of the corporate interests (BIS) that employ the anti cheat engine. They would rather sell another copy of the game here n there then hardware ban ppl (block the computers hardware configuration from playing again)

This is how hacking works in Day Z now. 10 guys get together and pitch 2$ a piece or 5 guys pay 5$ etc. Then 1 guy installs the game and uses the hacks spawning in as many weapons and vehicles as they want and the rest simply pick it up and use it because that isn't a banable offense.

IE hacking has no consequences because of the corporate interests (BIS) that employ the anti cheat engine. They would rather sell another copy of the game here n there then hardware ban ppl (block the computers hardware configuration from playing again)

So, why hasn't server side Anti-Cheat been deployed? Just wondering...

is that th vehicle they were driving? if so thats not a uaz its the military offroader...also that thing is a fucking tank

is that th vehicle they were driving? if so thats not a uaz its the military offroader...also that thing is a fucking tank

Thanks for clarifying, I wasn't sure to be honest, I've never seen it. Yes, that was the vehicle they were driving. The first guy in the video's body was right outside the driver side door of it, before I moved it slightly.

I don't really know what the admins see on their side. I was wondering, can't they tell if they check, when a hacked item gets scripted in from their logs or something? Can they pinpoint who did it, and who is carrying said weapons?

I don't really know what the admins see on their side. I was wondering, can't they tell if they check, when a hacked item gets scripted in from their logs or something? Can they pinpoint who did it, and who is carrying said weapons?

i dont think logs show any of that data to my understanding logs are pretty useless. unless you have video proof of them spawning the items nothing can really happen and even if they get banned i heard you can just delete a registry key and the ban is gone not sure if it was a troll or not.

If the servers script.log files doesn't show the items being spawned within the game, that more so means that the player is using scripts outside the game that is un-detectable by the server. Crappy hackers can get caught easily by the admins. Just search the script logs "CRTL+F" "addweapons, addmagazine, additem, createvehicle" these may possibly show up on the those logs. Next by far the best way to catch a hacker is just Fraps it all and catch his tags, then RCon Ban. Provide video and "POOF" one less hacker.

If the servers script.log files doesn't show the items being spawned within the game, that more so means that the player is using scripts outside the game that is un-detectable by the server. Crappy hackers can get caught easily by the admins. Just search the script logs "CRTL+F" "addweapons, addmagazine, additem, createvehicle" these may possibly show up on the those logs. Next by far the best way to catch a hacker is just Fraps it all and catch his tags, then RCon Ban. Provide video and "POOF" one less hacker.

That reminds me, I forgot. I only recorded half of the footage, because I had thought I had already pushed the record button. When we went off into the nearby forest from that military offroader and saw another body there, next to it was a crate of some sort. I'm guessing it had hacked weapons in it? I'm guessing that won't show up on any logs either.

Yes if a moderator/admin goes through his server logs he can see where 'Script Kiddies' have used scripts to create items, weapons, vehicles, etc. MOST of the time.

Scripting is the retard version of hacking. They dont build their own hacks they use easily made easily detected hacks.

'Hackers' are more intelligent and use thier own knowledge to manipulate the game and is VERY difficult to detect.

HOWEVER you missed something I said. If you pick up a hacked weapon/item/vehicle you WILL NOT BE BANNED. Because the way the loot system works and you could pick it up without realizing it is hacked in. (I actually picked up a G36 Mag when I was new). Yes they can tell the contents of your inventory? (I was called out on mag) or just when you looted it? idk which but they can see. And yes when a player scripts in gear they can see who did it. Only problem right now is you need absolute proof to ban and its very difficult to get (IE on servers w no tags)

Again this is how hackers work. 1 hacking. The rest just surfing of his hacks.

So, why hasn't server side Anti-Cheat been deployed? Just wondering...

Could you please clarify? There is a server side BEC and a client side BEC. However (I suspect due to BIS very generous use of their servers, time, bandwidth, and all Rocket and his mod) this game is not allowed to affect BIS's clients or game. Now I bet what happened is some douche bag server moderators decided to start banning people w their EPEEN BANHAMMERS (legitimately for hackers and illegitimately for players who Merc'd them and their gear). I suspect this caused a massive uproar to BIS from players who recieved a global ban who bitched and whined they didnt do anything wrong and BIS came back and said NO MORE BANNING.

So Rocket was stuck in the difficult position of trying to appease us and keep his project alive. They did take RCon tools away but they remained adamant that if you could provide proof they would ban for you. THIS WILL GO AWAY. When DayZ goes stand alone we will get back server side control.

HOWEVER you missed something I said. If you pick up a hacked weapon/item/vehicle you WILL NOT BE BANNED. Only problem right now is you need absolute proof to ban and its very difficult to get (IE on servers w no tags)

I did see that, yes. I know you can't be globally banned, I've seen Rocket's post concerning global bans on this. But I've still seen local bans from some admins, whether or not you can do it. I'm not asking for a ban, just giving a heads up. So people can keep an eye on those guys. The ones we saw with enough hacked weapons for it not to look like a complete accident were the [FEMA] guys.

I can confirm that these FEMA guys are hacking. We have them banned from our servers and I can provide logs etc. to show.

And there you have it, lol

I am a controlling interest of this server, and I will do what I can to get the situation handled but as it is known, and even said here, admins arent given a lot of tools for dealing with this stuff. We had a small population server with very few issues, but I made a post recently hoping to fill some of the slots, knowing it could increase our hacker exposure, but I didnt think it would get this bad.

Its really sad on a couple of fronts really. One, that people have to hack in this game. Two, that they have to shit on something that people pay their hard earned money for. Three, that admins arent given the tools and resources to do jack shit about it besides sit back and watch something they have already paid for go down the drain.

Anyway, Ill do the best I can, along with the other admins. If what I do gets us blacklisted, well, its not like we can play on it hacked to shit anyway so what is the difference?

I am a controlling interest of this server, and I will do what I can to get the situation handled but as it is known, and even said here, admins arent given a lot of tools for dealing with this stuff. We had a small population server with very few issues, but I made a post recently hoping to fill some of the slots, knowing it could increase our hacker exposure, but I didnt think it would get this bad.

Its really sad on a couple of fronts really. One, that people have to hack in this game. Two, that they have to shit on something that people pay their hard earned money for. Three, that admins arent given the tools and resources to do jack shit about it besides sit back and watch something they have already paid for go down the drain.

Anyway, Ill do the best I can, along with the other admins. If what I do gets us blacklisted, well, its not like we can play on it hacked to shit anyway so what is the difference?

Glad you saw this, I was thinking of finding another way to contact you guys to point you to this. I agree with you 100% It's sad people need to hack and get an edge over people in a video game. It's not even a fun game if you can have everything all the time. I mean really, what is the point then? Some people just weren't taught things like integrity and honor I guess. Good luck trying to sort out these idiots.

We have an email listed for support in the MOTD. Id prefer that method over this because I feel like hackers scope out servers on these forums, and when someone complains, well it attracts more.

But I appreciate the heads up either way.