Sign in to follow this  
gap97

Computer Help

The issue is that your current motherboard is limited to older hardware. You can't use DDR3 ram which is cheap as dirt, you can't get better processors as Mega_Death has stated (Actually, you could get a Q8300 which is around the same class) I have personally ran Day Z on my Q8300 processor in my spare coputer with my extra gtx 260 and pull out with about 50 FPS on High settings using that optimization guide floating around here on the forums.

The problem is the q8300 is discontinued as all LGA 775 processors are. So keep your eyes open if this is the route you want to take.

Alternatively you can get a computer (I assume you're buying pre built) that uses amd. Just make sure the motherboard can handle AM3+ (Socket Type) and any board that uses the AM3+ socket uses DDR3 memory. Then you can buy whatever video card you want for it. Some people will laugh at you for buying an AMD processor (Mainly Intel fan boys) but that's just because AMD got a bad rap with there Athlon x2 line of processors. Now it's really the only option unless you have a LOAD of money to spend on Intel. As of right now, price/performance AMD is miles ahead of intel. It's really not worth it anymore to go with intel. Not to mention Intel releases a new socket for almsot every processor now so if you buy intel your stuck not being able to upgrade.

Make sure the processor is a quad core, the FX-4100 comes into mind - It's a really good buy) and buy your own ram clocked at 1600mhz in dual channel.

Edit: Also if you're going to go with the new computer route, go with the 6870

If you're going to buy Nvidia cards make sure to only get one from (From best to worst): EVGA, MSI, Gigabyte

Alternatively if you're going to buy AMD make sure to buy from (Best to worst): Sapphire, XFX, HIS

Ram manufacturers (Best to worst): Corsair, Kingston, Crucial, Patriot

Dude what the fuck are you doing, recommend a fx4100 ? The funny thing is they aren´t " real " quads because core 1 and core 2 sharing for example the l2 cache.

The only thing that amd does is with the 3,6ghz getting customers because they are thinking wow 3,6 ghz that must be good.

Intel i7 2500 got 3,3 ghz but is about 40% better. You talking so much shit.

AMD is cheap shit, intel is good solid stuff for a good price.

The same with ATI its cheap shit, Nvidia got the best solid stuff with a lot of more driver support.

So remember if you buy a computer.

Intel+Nvidia

gtx550ti

15. Mrz. 2011 GF116 24 4 192 32 900 1800 1024 2052 (1026) GDDR5

192 Bit

gtx 260

22. Dez. 2008 GT200b 28 9 216 72 576 1242 896 999 GDDR3 448 Bit

The only differnce is the " newer " but not better gpu it only got a little more mhz. The shader cluster are more at the gtx260 like the other stuff. A hardware noob like you wouldnt recognize the 192 and 448 bit.

448 bit against 192 bit, and you are telling me the gtx550ti is better ?

xD NOOB

Please stop, I know you're just trying to fuck with me but I don't want you confusing anyone with legitimate questions. I already stated the cards are similar but the 550ti is better because you can utilize DX11 where the the gtx 260 is only DX10.1. The 550ti is better at larger resolutions too. The GTX 260 is not even in production anymore unlike the 550ti

I'm not here to argue which card is better.

If i were to recommend a card i would recommend the 6950 for AMD or the 560ti for Nvidia. But those cards are currently sitting around $250 USD depending on the manufacturer.

Dude what the fuck are you doing, recommend a fx4100 ? The funny thing is they aren´t " real " quads because core 1 and core 2 sharing for example the l2 cache.

The only thing that amd does is with the 3,6ghz getting customers because they are thinking wow 3,6 ghz that must be good.

Intel i7 2500 got 3,3 ghz but is about 40% better. You talking so much shit.

AMD is cheap shit, intel is good solid stuff for a good price.

The same with ATI its cheap shit, Nvidia got the best solid stuff with a lot of more driver support.

So remember if you buy a computer.

Intel+Nvidia

Remeber what i said about Intel fanboys? Here's one.

I stated that Intel was better, but not for price/performance. the FX-4100 is $110 USD and the I7 is $300 USD for the sandy bridge and $350 USD for the Ivy bridge. Read what I wrote instead of being ignorant.

And yes, for $110 the FX-4100 is incredibly good. I never said that AMD was better, you just fail at reading comprehension.

Currently Nvidia is falling behind AMD because AMD can now push out equal to better video cards for a cheaper price. Don't get me wrong though, I prefer Nivida over AMD. Although for processor I will always go with AMD over Intel until Intel decides to chill out with their socket changes and over priced hardware.

Stop being a fanboy and read up.

Edited by Sylex

you are comparing an i7 to an fx4100 what the fuck,

you can compare a fx4100 to an i3 and an fx-8150 to an i5, there isnt any amd prozessor that can compare with an i7.

amd+nividia is the worst thing you can do

you are comparing an i7 to an fx4100 what the fuck,

you can compare a fx4100 to an i3 and an fx-8150 to an i5, there isnt any amd prozessor that can compare with an i7.

amd+nividia is the worst thing you can do

I hope, for your sake, that you're just a troll.

You're opinions are not opinions. They're just wrong.

You're not helping the OP with your posts.

Intel and nVidia are great if you've got the money to spend. The OP obviously is on a budget and wants good performance for a good price.

For the best bang-for-your-buck, "intel+nvidia" is a shitty route. You are bad, and you should feel bad.

Hold your breath for 10 minutes, do us a favor.

http://i.imgur.com/RdyLR.jpg

P.S. I went to McDonald's yesterday, the one that's inside of a Walmart (gotta love the 21st century) and I went to get some sweet tea, and there was NONE. I would understand if it was like about to close, like 11PM or something, but it was NOON. They need to stay on top of that shit.

• Like 2

yes its funny, but you are all just WRONG, so WRONG. i am not trolling, i do the real talk.

if you waste your money with hardware that you claim " good " because of sciolism, thats your problem. But dont recommend shit to littel boys that wanna buy a new computer omg.

Look at some ratings, the hardware that you recommend is there claimed as shit.

i dont post a img because i think this would be to hard for these little kids.