corexx2

[German/English] DayZ Server Hosting - ZAP-Hosting.com (starting at 19,60€ - 40 Slots)

many provider actually do not give ftp access - but we do it wink.png

yea that is a very very must have! because we pay for a full gameserver (+included gameserverfiles + permissions to edit this) and NOT ONLY for a START & STOP button!

good work ZAP!

Edited by n8m4re

Got a Server from Zap-Hosting, dont know if its their fault or the fault of the Hive, but Tents and Vehicles wont save on my Server.

I asked the Zap-Hosting Support if its possible to downgrade to another Version so it gets fixed (many people in this forums said so), but they just said "nope".

Now im paying for a Server we cant play on, because every progress we make wont get saved. Yay!

About the saving problem: see the post of n8m4re ;-)

About the downgrade problem: we already add a oneclick downgrade to Mods/Plugins.

yea that is a very very must have! because we pay for a full gameserver (+included gameserverfiles + permissions to edit this) and NOT ONLY for a START & STOP button!

good work ZAP!

Ordered yesterday, server was up and playable in less than 2 hours.

Web interface is easy to work with, FTP manager is great for checking up on logs and stuff, LAG free (I'm not living in Germany and never went above 40ms), minimal load times on joining.

You got a happy customer here :)

Ordered yesterday, server was up and playable in less than 2 hours.

Web interface is easy to work with, FTP manager is great for checking up on logs and stuff, LAG free (I'm not living in Germany and never went above 40ms), minimal load times on joining.

You got a happy customer here :)

thank you dynamix404 for your nice feedback.

Looking for more :)

Had a few issues with the hoster.

Worst thing:

The servers go in some kind of idle mode when nobody is online - doesn't sound bad at first, but it erases all your tents and vehicles, which means that these servers are NOT able to save vehicles properly in the HIVE. Greatest disadvantage of the hoster! As long as this issue exists Zap-Hosting is not a good choice for DayZ. Maybe for other games, but DayZ is not playable on their servers, not as long as the have this Idle-Mode activated on their servers.

I can't figure out why someone would do something like this on DayZ!?

Also bad:

The support is very fast in editing tickets and do stuff. But just the first time... if the ticket is not solved in first attempt you won't hear anything again, until you open a new one - happened to us: Ticket opened and answered, no solution found in first attempt, no answer anymore - opened a new ticket two days later, same progress like the first - one day later we opened a new ticket (after our old ones have been closed without even trying to solve the problem) and nobody answered anymore our tickets. Two tickets of us stayed completely unnoticed til we had to call the hoster. Then we opened a new one and all they said was that they will forward this topic to another employee. Same here, the ticket was never ever edited again...

Edited by Icarus619
  • Like 1

Had a few issues with the hoster.

Worst thing:

The servers go in some kind of idle mode when nobody is online - doesn't sound bad at first, but it erases all your tents and vehicles, which means that these servers are NOT able to save vehicles properly in the HIVE. Greatest disadvantage of the hoster! As long as this issue exists Zap-Hosting is not a good choice for DayZ. Maybe for other games, but DayZ is not playable on their servers, not as long as the have this Idle-Mode activated on their servers.

I can't figure out why someone would do something like this on DayZ!?

thanks for your feedback!

Try to install a dayz server on your computer. You will see: The missionfile will be loaded if the first player is connected. There is no possibility to tell the server to load it after starting the server. If you know better, please tell me :) So the vehicle saving problem is a problem, what all server hosters have, if they do not use a custom database. More informations:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/68181-1725-tents-and-vehicle-inventories-not-saving/

Also bad:

The support is very fast in editing tickets and do stuff. But just the first time... if the ticket is not solved in first attempt you won't hear anything again, until you open a new one - happened to us: Ticket opened and answered, no solution found in first attempt, no answer anymore - opened a new ticket two days later, same progress like the first - one day later we opened a new ticket (after our old ones have been closed without even trying to solve the problem) and nobody answered anymore our tickets. Two tickets of us stayed completely unnoticed til we had to call the hoster. Then we opened a new one and all they said was that they will forward this topic to another employee. Same here, the ticket was never ever edited again...

Each supporter FIRST answer all his own tickets, than he takes new tickets. Sometimes a supporter does not know about the problem and forward the ticket to another supporter. If this one answered all his own tickets 10 minutes ago, it could take 1-6 hours until he will answer again all his own tickets. But that a ticket is not answered for 2days could'nt be. What is your customer ID? Maybe I can tell you, why your ticket wasn't answered.

• Like 1

Hi,

to the first point:

Didn't know that the DayZ Server cut the connection to the Hive themselves. Thought it was something made by Zap Hosting to set the Server into an idle-mode or something when it is not used by players. Too bad that the DayZ-Mod is currently not able to save vehicles. However, we manager to save two tents on our server, we now just have to sit and wait till de Dev-Team of DayZ fixes this huge bug..

to the second point:

It took some time till your employee forwarded the problem, but yesterday the ticket has been closed with the problem solved (Was about the missing vehicles and stuff). Too bad that two tickets of us wasn't solved properly, but we managed it on our own.

But I have to say you have a very very fast 24/7 Support! That is really nice and not something common!

-----

Now that these problems are solved I have to say that Zap-Hosting is one of the best hosters I have ever been. We ordered our server and about an hour or so later it was already online! And that happened around 1 am (middle of the night). The 24/7 service is a huge advantage for customers without any experience and the web-interface of Zap-Hosting is easy to use, you don't need an explanation for that, it just goes on it's own. And a full FTP-access is granted too!

If you are looking for a hoster Zap-Hosting offers really good prices and performance with fast support. Don't let you disturb by my first post!

Hi,

to the first point:

Didn't know that the DayZ Server cut the connection to the Hive themselves. Thought it was something made by Zap Hosting to set the Server into an idle-mode or something when it is not used by players. Too bad that the DayZ-Mod is currently not able to save vehicles. However, we manager to save two tents on our server, we now just have to sit and wait till de Dev-Team of DayZ fixes this huge bug..

Hi Scavenger,

please read the customer news. We explained a fix of the saving problem (just downgrade to 1.7.2.4) :)

to the second point:

It took some time till your employee forwarded the problem, but yesterday the ticket has been closed with the problem solved (Was about the missing vehicles and stuff). Too bad that two tickets of us wasn't solved properly, but we managed it on our own.

But I have to say you have a very very fast 24/7 Support! That is really nice and not something common!

-----

sorry for the small problem in forwarding the ticket. Actually we have a very high support demand, so sometimes it is a little bit chaotic.

Now that these problems are solved I have to say that Zap-Hosting is one of the best hosters I have ever been. We ordered our server and about an hour or so later it was already online! And that happened around 1 am (middle of the night). The 24/7 service is a huge advantage for customers without any experience and the web-interface of Zap-Hosting is easy to use, you don't need an explanation for that, it just goes on it's own. And a full FTP-access is granted too!

If you are looking for a hoster Zap-Hosting offers really good prices and performance with fast support. Don't let you disturb by my first post!

Thanks for that nice feedback and I'm happy that we could change your mind by giving good support and quality. Maybe you add an "update" to your last "bad post", that possible customer see, that everything went to good. If you have further problems, don't hesitate and create new supportrequests! We are happy to help.

being a customer for more than a week I would like to inform the interested user about my experiences so far

negative:

• no timezone, the server resets the time with ervey restart. if scheduled restarts are more than once a day, you can't have a timezone like utc-4 and the automatic restarts still are not reliable
  • server has lags and connection problems it is playable the most time though, but the yellow and red connection symbols are showing up on a regular basis and lags already caused me and my mates some ingame casualties - I don't see these problems on our second server (different serverhoster)
  • server crashes about once a day (they say it would have to do with the alpha state - personally I don't believe it's always the cause of the crashes; I don't use any modified files)
  • BEC is not running although it was advertised weeks ago
  • the timestamps on the serverfiles are always resetted with every server restart which makes it very uneasy to go through logs and have an overview over the activities on the server, because all the relevant files keep the time /date/modified information of the day the server was set up... !
  • they talked about the possibility of a private hive, if you set it up yourself, but I don't see the possibility, you would need other kinds of access to install and run your own database on the server than the current ftp access

positive:

• cheap
  • possibility to switch back to 1.7.2.4
  • ftp access

Edited by aenima
  • Like 1

being a customer for more than a week I would like to inform the interested user about my experiences so far

negative:

• no timezone, the server resets the time with ervey restart. if scheduled restarts are more than once a day, you can't have a timezone like utc-4 and the automatic restarts still are not reliable
  • server has lags and connection problems it is playable the most time though, but the yellow and red connection symbols are showing up on a regular basis and lags already caused me and my mates some ingame casualties - I don't see these problems on our second server (different serverhoster)
  • server crashes about once a day (they say it would have to do with the alpha state - personally I don't believe it's always the cause of the crashes; I don't use any modified files)
  • BEC is not running although it was advertised weeks ago
  • the timestamps on the serverfiles are always resetted with every server restart which makes it very uneasy to go through logs and have an overview over the activities on the server, because all the relevant files keep the time /date/modified information of the day the server was set up... !
  • they talked about the possibility of a private hive, if you set it up yourself, but I don't see the possibility, you would need other kinds of access to install and run your own database on the server than the current ftp access

1. Timezones will be added this week

2. can not confirm, that our servers are laggy. Please write a ticket, we could install a server on another machine. Maybe do you have routing problems to our german assemblage point? Run "WinMTR" to our ip-adress and the where the losses are come from ;)

3. it does not crash, it is restarted twice a day (please view the infomail)

4. will be added this week

5. will be fixed with the timezone adding

Edited by corexx2

my server runs great. i dont have any connection problems. zap-hosting is the most stable provider ive tested. BEC and timezones are missing that is stupid, but you can set fix times like "12 oclock". If zap-hosting really adds bec this week, it is with distance the best dayz server provider I think...

Running one of your servers now for 2-3 week and hardly any problems at all. Got it running within 2 hours of purchase, the ability to easily roll-back to 1.7.2.4 is sweet and apparently the price is pretty good. Would recommend for sure.

Shame .2.5 and .2.4 both have utterly game-breaking bugs in them, but whatevz'

Edited by TheBaby

I agree to benwooddick - my server runs perfectly. First there were some issues with vehicles savings. ZAP-Hosting downgraded my server to 1.7.2.4 no it saves fine. Thank you ZAP!

I agree to benwooddick - my server runs perfectly. First there were some issues with vehicles savings. ZAP-Hosting downgraded my server to 1.7.2.4 no it saves fine. Thank you ZAP!

Running one of your servers now for 2-3 week and hardly any problems at all. Got it running within 2 hours of purchase, the ability to easily roll-back to 1.7.2.4 is sweet and apparently the price is pretty good. Would recommend for sure.

Shame .2.5 and .2.4 both have utterly game-breaking bugs in them, but whatevz'

my server runs great. i dont have any connection problems. zap-hosting is the most stable provider ive tested. BEC and timezones are missing that is stupid, but you can set fix times like "12 oclock". If zap-hosting really adds bec this week, it is with distance the best dayz server provider I think...

Thanks for these nice feedbacks guys!

I'm happy that dayzmod approves instance ids within one hour. We are now able to setup all orders within 1-3 hours!

Hiermit möchte ich meinen Dayz Server zum nächstmöglichen Zeitpunkt kündigen. Soweit ich weiß ist das der 22.09.2012.

Ein Grund dafür ist der mangelnde Support.

Im Livechat wurde mir um 20 Uhr gesagt, das in einer Viertelstunde, die neue Version 1.7.2.6 verfügbar sein wird. Dennoch war sie erst um 21 Uhr verfügbar. Diese habe ich dann aufgespielt, wobei aber nicht ersichtlich war welches Arma2 Build diese haben wird.

Jetzt habe ich jede mögliche Kombination probiert um wieder auf meinen Server zu kommen. Fehlanzeige.

Der Server ist in keiner Version erreichbar.

Ein zurückspielen auf 1.7.2.4 ist natürlich auch möglich, aber leider bleiben da wieder die Spieler aus. Allein die Cfg-Änderung auf 1.7.2.6 hat viele Spieler veranlasst, wieder auf den Server zu kommen. Leider konnte keiner joinen, wegen einer falschen Server Version. Zumal mir auch nicht ersichtlich ist/war, welche wirkliche Version nun aufgespielt ist. Laut Web-Interface sind ja alle Versionen installiert. Leider scheisse programmiert.

Noch eine Anmerkung zu 1.7.2.6, die war kurz nachdem ich sie installiert auch schon nicht mehr im Interface verfügbar.

Ich bin stinksauer und werde das auch im Forum von DayZ posten, weil ihr anscheinend nicht in der Lage seit, ordentlich zu hosten.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

english (sorry for google translate):

Hereby I would like my server Dayz invites applications terminate. To my knowledge this is the 22.09.2012.

One reason is the lack of support.

In the live chat I was told by 20 clock, the new version 1.7.2.6 will be available in a quarter of an hour,. Nevertheless, it was available only by 21 clock. I installed it immediatly, although not apparent what was the build Arma2 will have.

Now I've tried every possible combination to get back to my server. Nothing.

The server is not available in any version.

A play back on 1.7.2.4 is of course possible, but unfortunately there remain back from the players. But the Cfg amendment to 1.7.2.6 has led many players to get back to the server. Unfortunately, no one entering server, due to an incorrect server version. Especially since I can not be seen is / was what real version is now uploaded. According to the web interface so all versions are installed. Unfortunately shit programmed.

Just a note to 1.7.2.6, which was shortly after I installed it and no longer available in the interface.

I'm mad as hell and I will also post in the forum of DayZ because you seem unable since to host properly.

Sincerely yours

Ich kann den Hoster nicht empfehlen!

english:

I can not recommend the hosters!

Edited by Mav1976

Noch ein kleine Anmerkung. Die Kündigung läuft wie bei der Telekom. Man muss sie schriftlich per Post einreichen. Das war die Antwort vom Support, nachdem ich dort kündigte.

Man kann alles online bestellen und bezahlen, will man aber kündigen, berufen sie sich auf die schriftliche Kündigung.

Sauhaufen.

One more little note. The termination is like as at Telekom. They must be submitted in writing by mail. That was the response from support after I announced there.

You can order and pay online and everything, but if people want to quit, they rely on the written notice.

Mess.

Edited by Mav1976

Noch ein kleine Anmerkung. Die Kündigung läuft wie bei der Telekom. Man muss sie schriftlich per Post einreichen. Das war die Antwort vom Support, nachdem ich dort kündigte.

Man kann alles online bestellen und bezahlen, will man aber kündigen, berufen sie sich auf die schriftliche Kündigung.

Sauhaufen.

One more little note. The termination is like as at Telekom. They must be submitted in writing by mail. That was the response from support after I announced there.

You can order and pay online and everything, but if people want to quit, they rely on the written notice.

Mess.

Hi,

we are no prepaid provider, that is true.

We have an cancellation form, what you have to print and fill in. You do not have to send it by letter or fax, you can also do a "mobile phone photo" of the document and send us by e-mail to us ;)

In 1-2 month there is no cancellation required anymore, because we will completly switch to a prepaidsystem.

Best wishes ;)

Hiermit möchte ich meinen Dayz Server zum nächstmöglichen Zeitpunkt kündigen. Soweit ich weiß ist das der 22.09.2012.

Ein Grund dafür ist der mangelnde Support.

Im Livechat wurde mir um 20 Uhr gesagt, das in einer Viertelstunde, die neue Version 1.7.2.6 verfügbar sein wird. Dennoch war sie erst um 21 Uhr verfügbar. Diese habe ich dann aufgespielt, wobei aber nicht ersichtlich war welches Arma2 Build diese haben wird.

Jetzt habe ich jede mögliche Kombination probiert um wieder auf meinen Server zu kommen. Fehlanzeige.

Der Server ist in keiner Version erreichbar.

Ein zurückspielen auf 1.7.2.4 ist natürlich auch möglich, aber leider bleiben da wieder die Spieler aus. Allein die Cfg-Änderung auf 1.7.2.6 hat viele Spieler veranlasst, wieder auf den Server zu kommen. Leider konnte keiner joinen, wegen einer falschen Server Version. Zumal mir auch nicht ersichtlich ist/war, welche wirkliche Version nun aufgespielt ist. Laut Web-Interface sind ja alle Versionen installiert. Leider scheisse programmiert.

Noch eine Anmerkung zu 1.7.2.6, die war kurz nachdem ich sie installiert auch schon nicht mehr im Interface verfügbar.

Ich bin stinksauer und werde das auch im Forum von DayZ posten, weil ihr anscheinend nicht in der Lage seit, ordentlich zu hosten.

Bitte haben Sie Verständnis dafür, dass wir gerade während großer DayZ Updates 100% ausgelastet sind. In den ersten 60 Minuten nach dem Update bekamen wir 500 Tickets mit dem Inhalt "Wann wird mein DayZ Server updated"?

Wir haten vorerst das Problem, dass die Update nicht funktionierten. Grund dafür, war das fehlende @hive Update, was nicht in der Updatemail von dayzmod.com erwähnt wurde.

Daher mussten wir erst etwas rumprobieren. Ca. 10 Stunden nach Veröffentlichung des Updates seitens dayzmod.com haben wir es dann geschafft, das Update fertig bei uns zur Installation einzubinden. Ich denke 10 Stunden sind absolut annehmbar und keinen Grund derart euphorisch zu behaupten, dass wir nicht ordentlich hosten können ;-)

Wenn Sie keine Verbindung zu Ihrem Server bekommen, einfach kurz ein Ticket erstellen, dass wir neuinstallieren sollen - keine 6 Stunden später haben Sie dann Ihren neuinstallierten Server.

Please understand that we are very busy, when new dayzmod updates will be released. In the first 60 minutes we got over 500 tickets with "when you will update dayzmod?"

First, there were some problems with the update, what didn't work. The reason was the lack update of the @hive folder, what was not mentioned in the update mail of dayzmod.com.

Therefore, we had to try around a bit. Approx. 10 hours after release of the update by dayzmod.com we managed to get the update ready. I think 10 hours are absolutely acceptable and no reason to say so enthusiastic that we are a bad hoster;-) I think there are many other hosters, who took longer than 10 hours.

Edited by corexx2

I was going to buy server but german language website is a problem for me :/