Cvm

Dayz = PvP

Everyday I come on here I see Dozens on thread complaining about Bandits, or others trying to find a way to play this game in a non PvP style. Heck, I have seen people even ask if there can be server options to enable or disable PvP.

Dayz is almost 100% PvP, which is the way that it should be. There are 2 main ways this is true:

1- Killing other players (No explanation is needed)

2- Looting

When you loot, you are taking items away from others players who could be looting soon after you (especially true in Cherno/Electro) Do you take more supplies then you need (i.e. do you carry extra food?) You also need to account for the chance of items spawning as well. Taking rarer items, is a harsher PvP tactic then leaving it. You could always come back and loot again if you run out. The only way to make looting not PvP is to have areas, with unlimited supplies, that give you the option to choose the quantity you wish to take. Of course, this is idea is stupid and will never be implemented.

The way I see it, this game is meant to be played PvP, with a reward if you choose to be friendly. Those rewards ideally comes in the form of a longer life which should increase the value and diversity of your supplies.

To all those who are do not like to play PvP, but enjoy looting may I recommend that you go out and start geocaching or play tetris.

• Like 2

I agree this game has 0 % humanity, people don't give shit about others life. Insta headshot, no explanations needed, doesn't matter are you friendly they will shoot you if they have proper weapon.

• Like 1

yawn

9 days, nearly 400 kills, 0 murders, 2 noob assists.

everyone's a 1337 snipxors!

this game lends itself to creativity, that fact is lost on many of you.

Go play C.O.D. for #1 best super PvP experience!

• Like 22

I was stalking two snipers outside Electro today, got spotted and a firefight ensued, I managed to break contact and circle around again. Second round of stalking and as soon as my CZ rounds pass near him he alt F4s. As soon as that happened I decided they are not worthy of the sport and move off.

Moral of the story is the PvP gives the highs and lows of this mod. Until the lows are resolved I am not surprised players avoid it.

PvP for most new players on the server means: "Get one shot by laser pew rifle" or "sneak up on sniper, fire 8 pistol rounds into him, get shot when he turns around and returns fire" or "countersnipe...watch character alt+F4" so I understand their hesitation.

It's an alpha so it's broken by design but it can be jarring when you think you're lining up for something that makes sense and instead find yourself wading into an increasingly high pile of shit.

It's like boiling frogs. Some of us showed up when the temperature was balmier and haven't noticed the increasing heat because it was so gradual. Others are dipping their toes in and freaking out at the scalding water.

• Like 3

yawn

9 days, nearly 400 kills, 0 murders, 2 noob assists.

everyone's a 1337 snipxors!

this game lends itself to creativity, that fact is lost on many of you.

Go play C.O.D. for #1 best super PvP experience!

So you're creative killing 400 no challenge, no reward, glitched zombies? Your only accomplishment in this is spending hours to get so much ammo. Shooting zombies is as valuable as shooting the sky.

And people do what benefits them the most. Right now killing people is the only challenge in this game and also the best way of surviving and getting loot. Don't blame the people, blame the mechanics. If killing players wouldn't be rewarding then people wouldn't do it.

Long story short, last night i found myself on a very friendly private server with global chat enabled and most people were not looking for a fight. In 2 hours i was fully geared and ready to rumble until i realised, nobody wanted to rumble and i was pretty damn safe even down south. I then proceded to disconnect since the game absolutely blows in the PVE aspect and returned to my main HIVE character where i was actually scared to leave the woods because of all the psychos out there trying to kill me.

In conclusion this game would be horribly boring and i personally would not give it the time of day without the heavy PVP focus and constant danger of death from players.

• Like 2

DayZ is a sandbox that lends itself well to PvP, but that's far from the entire game. I've got something silly like 120 hours logged into the game, and over the course of all my characters, I've had 0 murders. So while yes, I agree that PvP is an integral part of what makes DayZ what it is, it's far from the only thing that the game can do

• Like 4

I don't understand why people complain...it's an open world, full loot game with guns...not sure what people expected, happy joy bunnies and unicorns maybe?

Even if they did add other shit like objectives, crafting, safe zones, whatever...the core will always be PVP, end of story.

DayZ is a sandbox that lends itself well to PvP, but that's far from the entire game. I've got something silly like 120 hours logged into the game, and over the course of all my characters, I've had 0 murders. So while yes, I agree that PvP is an integral part of what makes DayZ what it is, it's far from the only thing that the game can do

Same here, I've been playing for about a month now and so far only 10 kills, 3 intentionally and 7 in self defense. I'm basically playing exactly how I want to play, surviving a zombie apocalypse gathering resources and defending myself and my group.

Just play it for what it is now while you wait for the standalone. I'm sure there will be plenty more shit do to in that version.

Edited by jay.pis
  • Like 1

Same here, I've been playing for about a month now and so far only 10 kills, 3 intentionally and 7 in self defense. I'm basically playing exactly how I want to play, surviving a zombie apocalypse gathering resources and defending myself and my group.

Just play it for what it is now while you wait for the standalone. I'm sure there will be plenty more shit do to in that version.

But....But I want to be friendly and help peoeple.

• Like 2

So you're creative killing 400 no challenge, no reward, glitched zombies? Your only accomplishment in this is spending hours to get so much ammo. Shooting zombies is as valuable as shooting the sky.

And people do what benefits them the most. Right now killing people is the only challenge in this game and also the best way of surviving and getting loot. Don't blame the people, blame the mechanics. If killing players wouldn't be rewarding then people wouldn't do it.

Yes.

1,000 times more creative scouring for camps for vehicles and loot, avoiding multiple pointless attempts on my life, all while looking for random friendlies (rather than finding them on the Forum/TS3/Mumble etc) for a spur of the moment survival team-up. I also enjoy supporting new spawns when the conditions present themselves. Killing Zombies isn't a big challenge, but it is proof I haven't spent ALL of my time in the woods.

There's at LEAST 1,000 PvP virtual soldier boys for each lone wolf like me I imagine.

Medics, Traders, Armed Robbers, Mercenaries, and Delivery People exhibit more imagination then the hormonal alpha male meathead response of, "have gun must KILL KILL KILL".

I really don't care how far you can shoot me from.

PvP belongs in this game but for me, it's a very small aspect.

This game is evolving so much, I'm just curious how many Beta patches this character will last for, lol.

And yes, hopefully the standalone will facilitate more play styles in a way that is more apparent and more easily accessible for the masses.

• Like 9

-SNIP-

Trigonometry..doesnt get it.

Just keep shootin em Trig..it's what your good at.

Edited by Inu
  • Like 3

-snip-

I'm sorry "real shooter" uber asshole who doesn't realize he is playing a survival horror game, I can't hear you over how much I don't give a shit.

You sound far more butthurt by SOMETHING to be such a perfect killing machine. Odds are, you're not even in the top 10% of the best snipers in this game. You're just another murderous snob with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove.

My idea of fun is not the same as other peoples idea of fun; only difference is, I can handle that concept, whereas most internet tough guy shit for brains like yourself can't.

I'm also not a gear snob, not for bike, my cameras, my guitars, or in the video games I play, it's a boring.

My M16 are PDW just fine for now, thanks.

Edited by Inu
  • Like 6

wow, sure is a few bandit dicks in here. I see just as many posts from people like you, the OP, complaining about people like me. How about you just shut up and keep your banditry going, because we all know you will. I've said this before, The hardest game to play in day Z is the Nice Guy game :) We are many, BioHaze, We just don't organize x) Currently @ 232 zombies kills 160+ headshots (damn hacker stole my 600 :x most otherwise were hatchet kills woo woo) I've met quit a few nice people by drawing zombie agro off them then bandaging their wounds

Survivors SHOULD be fighting against bandits. Except killing a bandit doesn't stop their banditry. They'll just respawn and go back to their same ways. Forcing players to just kill other players because they'll get killled doesn't a good game make. I'm a firm believer that this game isn't strictly PvP(a super minority @_@). But like I said, I'm someone who doesn't kill people :) I wouldn't play Counter strike, Unreal, CoD, or anything else like I play this game. And I won't play this game like I play those games.

edit: I'm a scavenger, you should see my tent camps! I run naked into town just to grab car parts, more guns, more A.L.I.C.E. packs, and everything, I take joy in just giving it all away too<3

Edited by internetTAB
  • Like 7

They won't play COD. Too much anti cheat for them there. Especially if your playing in a competitive league. Seen players get banned for pre scoping corners too many times. Admins go over this stuff with a fine tooth comb. Red boxes are obvious. Here you don't get banned unless your retarded.

-snip-

I feel truly sorry for you, and moreso for your parents.

Edited by Inu
  • Like 6

Long story short, last night i found myself on a very friendly private server with global chat enabled and most people were not looking for a fight. In 2 hours i was fully geared and ready to rumble until i realised, nobody wanted to rumble and i was pretty damn safe even down south. I then proceded to disconnect since the game absolutely blows in the PVE aspect and returned to my main HIVE character where i was actually scared to leave the woods because of all the psychos out there trying to kill me.

In conclusion this game would be horribly boring and i personally would not give it the time of day without the heavy PVP focus and constant danger of death from players.

qft

The other day I was in stary lookin for loot, im in a tent and I start gettin sniped. My heart was racing, I look around trying to find him to no avail, so I run for it. I got away but w/ only 5k blood left and I got lost in the run. So I quickly found myself in a fight to survive. I later died to zombies while trying to get food. I felt like a dumbass lol. I would not have been so desperate had I not gotten lost, so the sniper did kill me eventually lol.

After playing for a bit, can't complain about the PvP, it makes for interesting situations, instead of the predictable zombies.

qft

The other day I was in stary lookin for loot, im in a tent and I start gettin sniped. My heart was racing, I look around trying to find him to no avail, so I run for it. I got away but w/ only 5k blood left and I got lost in the run. So I quickly found myself in a fight to survive. I later died to zombies while trying to get food. I felt like a dumbass lol. I would not have been so desperate had I not gotten lost, so the sniper did kill me eventually lol.

After playing for a bit, can't complain about the PvP, it makes for interesting situations, instead of the predictable zombies.

Yes PvP makes the game more interesting. The reason the PvE blows is because its just not there. Its not that PvE would blow in this game, its just that at present theres a few zombies defending loot and thats as far as PvE goes right now.

I watch a lot of people run past me. I could kill them, but I am not angry enough to do so.

As soon as someone kills me in a way that pisses me off, I will start shooting people in the face to seek vengeance. At least, I like to think that is what I will do... sometimes I am too nice.

• Like 1

'Real shooter' that isn't good enough for proper FPS games so he shoots hatchet guys in DayZ.

gg cu@lan kid...

• Like 1

I believe his point was something similar to "hey guys, there's more than one way to play this game. Quit trying to force your style onto the rest of us." At least that's what I got.

Some of you PvP guys forget about the other 90% of the map and fail to imagine anything other than shooting at each on in the big cities. That's cool and all but you'd hate it if Cherno and Elektro were maps in any other shooter where players could pick their weapons at the start of the match. The maps are terrible for pvp and there is zero balance to their designs. Instead, you guys PvP with the best guns and then shoot mostly unarmed or poorly armed players. How is killing a player with nothing, just a hatchet, or an enfield even considered a challenge when you're in a ghillie, on a hill, with an AS50? Dumping a whole AKM mag into a guy that's 10 meters away and only has a shotgun while in a wide open street takes tons of skill..

Talk about accomplishments.. Most of you guys are too scared to even wear your shame in game.

• Like 5

Yes.

1,000 times more creative scouring for camps for vehicles and loot, avoiding multiple pointless attempts on my life, all while looking for random friendlies (rather than finding them on the Forum/TS3/Mumble etc) for a spur of the moment survival team-up. I also enjoy supporting new spawns when the conditions present themselves. Killing Zombies isn't a big challenge, but it is proof I haven't spent ALL of my time in the woods.

There's at LEAST 1,000 PvP virtual soldier boys for each lone wolf like me I imagine.

Medics, Traders, Armed Robbers, Mercenaries, and Delivery People exhibit more imagination then the hormonal alpha male meathead response of, "have gun must KILL KILL KILL".

I really don't care how far you can shoot me from.

PvP belongs in this game but for me, it's a very small aspect.

This game is evolving so much, I'm just curious how many Beta patches this character will last for, lol.

And yes, hopefully the standalone will facilitate more play styles in a way that is more apparent and more easily accessible for the masses.

I love your elitism. "we're better because we don't play FFA DM, we are the creative ones". Are you a hipster in real life too?

Again, DayZ in current state fully supports FFA DM and that's the reason for it. Not lack of creativity or whatever you pulled out of your rear end. If that wasn't the most benefiting gamestyle, majority wouldn't do it. You purposefully put yourself at disadvantage by doing things the harder way and call it creative. Woop de doo.

I believe his point was something similar to "hey guys, there's more than one way to play this game. Quit trying to force your style onto the rest of us." At least that's what I got.

Some of you PvP guys forget about the other 90% of the map and fail to imagine anything other than shooting at each on in the big cities. That's cool and all but you'd hate it if Cherno and Elektro were maps in any other shooter where players could pick their weapons at the start of the match. The maps are terrible for pvp and there is zero balance to their designs. Instead, you guys PvP with the best guns and then shoot mostly unarmed or poorly armed players. How is killing a player with nothing, just a hatchet, or an enfield even considered a challenge when you're in a ghillie, on a hill, with an AS50? Dumping a whole AKM mag into a guy that's 10 meters away and only has a shotgun while in a wide open street takes tons of skill..

Talk about accomplishments.. Most of you guys are too scared to even wear your shame in game.

If me and my group go to cherno/electro we go with enfields/AKMs. Otherwise it's just no challenge slaughter. However on the rest 90% of the map we do use our big guns and seaweed suits. And we still shoot everyone on sight because otherwise we will get shot. And this is mostly what I was talking about. Shooting on sight. Not camping a rooftop or a hill with a high end gear. Yeah, that's pretty dumb.

Edited by SillySil

If killing players wouldn't be rewarding then people wouldn't do it.

this is not true in many cases, where snipers kill people in cities while they themselves lie around ~1km away on a grassy hill. and trust me, they won't go down to loot, nor will their friends. they'll just server hop to their hidden tent-camp and restock. and yes, i believe at least 50% of the sniper kids in the hills are cheaters.

Edited by spliff

this is not true in many cases, where snipers kill people in cities while they themselves lie around ~1km away on a grassy hill. and trust me, they won't go down to loot, nor will their friends. they'll just server hop to their hidden tent-camp and restock. and yes, i believe at least 50% of the sniper kids in the hills are cheaters.

It's still the case of advantages being bigger than disadvantages. The advantage is that he's having fun hunting people (everybody has their thing) while there are almost no disadvantages, a slight chance to get shot is the biggest disadvantage for him. And so if there are more advantages than disadvantages, what he's doing is rewarding for him.