Sign in to follow this  
baleur

Why you need a tk penalty. A game is not real life. In a game murder = Fun

force nameplates to be on, and when someone kills someone else, make a message that pops up "X was killed by Y".

I only go on rampages of PKing when name plates and death reports are off.

Here is where the problem lies.

We don't have a way to know if a player we randomly meet is a bandit..and that's fine.

Originaly when the game was released, you kinda knew as the bandit skin helped...pretty

much if you saw the skin you knew they killed people and they were easy to avoid. problem

here was players that had the bandit skin that wanted to be friendly were now getting shot

on site as they were feared which made playing good hard. You had a target on ur head saying

kill me before I kill you.

I don't think there is 1 way to just fix it, as player recongntion isn't the best and you

really can't change how you look. Being you can server hop and even change ur name

there isn't a way to have a reputation for killing people.

That leaves you with the mechanice of people just killing each other to be dicks. Now, you can

do something to get people to stop killing, but that might throw out what makes DAY Z unique. The fear of trusting people and not knowing who to trust.

I don't think bandits should be punished, I think the way the game is and now the fact that bandit skins are gone is even better.

I do think they should make some PVE servers or if not allow servers to have the ability to restrict access as to build a community where players can work together and not worry about

being killed. Have those locked servers not communicate with the others so it doesn't give them

an unfair advantage.

I wouldn't mind trying out the penelty of killing people and if you kill someone it gives you "time"

which doesn't allow you to log back in for a set time. So you can kill people but for every person you kill, you get like a 5 hour penelity. This might get the average player to think twice about

killing someone but the option is still there.

OP

What you're looking for is right here:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3619

Enjoy ^^

I do think they should make some PVE servers or if not allow servers to have the ability to restrict access as to build a community where players can work together and not worry about being killed.

Again, http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3619

Everyone likes something different, and DayZ is all about having no rules, so if you don't like it then you want something different. Fortunately, that something has already been made for you to enjoy.