Disgraced

Skins, not skills

I would propose that skins be based on more than "bandit vs non-bandit" although I think of murderer, and not bandit.

If I heal a lot of people, I'd start to look more medic like.

In fact, make my skin based on the fact that I'm carrying lots of blood bags, bandages, epi-pens, morphine, &c.

Just.. Have people,look like what they are. It's gaming, it's a little "meta". Sure it's somewhat unrealistic, but you know it makes sense.

I fix more care... Mechanic looking skins, until I heal X people... More of a medical skin.

It could really work. The more you do at X the more it changes your appearance.

Edited by Disgraced
  • Like 7

I would propose that skins be based on more than "bandit vs non-bandit" although I think of murderer, and not bandit.

If I heal a lot of people, I'd start to look more medic like.

In fact, make my skin based on the fact that I'm carrying lots of blood bags, bandages, epi-pens, morphine, &c.

Just.. Have people,look like what they are. It's gaming, it's a little "meta". Sure it's somewhat unrealistic, but you know it makes sense.

I fix more care... Mechanic looking skins, until I heal X people... More of a medical skin.

The entire would suck at it, but it would really work. The more you do at X the more it changes your appearance.

Would be a boon to bandits too. Need car parts? Shoot the guy with greasy coveralls. Need meds? Shoot the guy with the second-hand red cross uniform.

Edited by sp86
  • Like 1

Having the skin doesn't mean he has the parts, just that he'd used them.

Otherwise, people sold be able to find and pick clothes, some day.

I still think this is a good idea, including your argument. So if ive a predilection for healing people, or I've flown a helicopter for X hours, why not make it know :)

Edited by Disgraced

I'd rework it this way.

Currently, bandit skins include a head wrap and hero skins include a scarf around the neck. I think a pretty simple way to implement this with the current humanity system is that your humanity determines what "head" you spawn with. Your achievements determine what "skin" you can choose to equip. So bandits, survivors, and heroes are still always identifiable by their faces but their particular talents are identifiable by how they're dressed from the neck down.

Also, heroes need cowboy hats or berets because cowboy hats are legendary and berets are badass.

I like the idea, it would be easy to see is useful to you and who isn't and you'll think twice before killing them.

> Implying the typical DayZ player is capable of using deductive reason for something other than murder.

I actually really like this idea. How about for someone who's killed a lot of zombies can get a zombie ear necklace. Might be weird, but maybe we can figure something out... Of course you'd need a new model, I don't think I've seen any ear necklace in vanilla ArmA II lying around. Or maybe even a huntsman type outfit would be nice.

I'm sure in standalone you can customize your characters outfit to whatever. After all, "This is Day Z. This is your Story" you should be able to customize how your character looks like.

• Like 2

maybe sticking with your idea , the " identification item " can be small & non-obstructive to other optional clothing . and to display the " identifying item " should be optional since its awarded by your actions ie.

some one that mostly repairs cars (a mechanic) can <not> display (a bandits) " identifying " item . meaning if you were "a mechanic" & <became> "a bandit" 1 would loss the "mechanic id" & acquire "a bandit id" .

you would have to come up with something for each 'identifiable action' in the game & give player choice to dawn that "item" awarded by actions .

equippable / un-equippable in inventory .

at some point in the game you will always have some sort of "id item" you can chose to display but actions will dictate witch "id item" that is .

neutral = no id.

medic = red cross arm band

mechanic = head bandanna

bandit = ski mask / balaclava

driver / pilot = shades // top gun ish.

sniper = Bonnie hat

zombie slayer =

hunter =

hero // higher humanity over rest of above states = [ BazBake's cowboy hat idea ]

hate to isolate each to the head but was all i could come up with

3:30 sounds like this is already in the works "i did not do a fallow up"

no names , no groups , no classes

Edited by mayhem man

I don't agree with changing skins in game. However the skin ideas you proposed would be great as optional selection, to more define and determine group member's roles, and differentiating players. it also provides a large ground for bandits to mislead survivors. "Oh he has a medic outfit, he will help me-" BANG. :D

I do not agree with skin changes, they will cause problems down the road.

My suggestion to this idea would be where other platforms like steam give achievements, DayZ version could unlock a wearable skin or accessory, this would need an area where you could customize your character,

if the website will eventually link to a lot more of your character, maybe there could be a spot there where you could change the look of youre player determined by what you have unlocked from in game.

On the other hand , Would changing the way your player looks be uploaded to your player right away or be changed on new spawn ?

I really like this idea. Would be cool to have a "bandit slayer" skin. Basically you have to be positive humanity, and have 3+ bandit kills, or something along those lines.

Edited by derrida

I like the idea where if you keep killing people you get more then just a towel on your head, you eventually finish the outfit. Vica versa with Heroes.