LoneWolfEdits

New Humanity System

Hey guys

So i logged in a couple of days ago after the new update and saw the new humanity feature. I was confused seeing that im pretty new to day z. So I went to cherno and a 2 guys started shooting me. I flanked round them and shot them both. I realised after shooting them I had a new skin, I realised it was a bandit skin :D. After doing some research I also found out that if u get +2000 humanity you get some sort of medic skin :o I thought that was really cool and would give some players some sort of goal to try and achieve. It would also show players if there friendly or not. Anyway I was wondering what you guys thought about the new humanity system and the update in general.

Thanks

LoneWolf

• Like 1

I can see people doing things just for the skins instead of for altruistic reasons. Not sure how it will affect the community as a whole, if at all. :)

Any way you can motivate people to work together rather than just KoS sounds good to me

• Like 1

Its 5000 for the hero skin. Weird thing is once I got the skin, every time I log in my humanity is reset to 0.

I'm a little irritated by the system to be honest. Once you've gotten 5-10k points in the direction you want to go (bandit/hero) you have some breathing room, but it really limits your options while you're still hovering around 0. Anyone with a bandit skin is usually shoot on site to anyone, bandits and survivors alike, mostly because it's a free kill without consequence. I've finally gotten my bandit skin off, but everytime someone without a bandit skin starts getting frisky with me, I only have the option to run away to prevent getting a bandit skin, even when I am better equipped to win the engagement. It's especially annoying in major cities where new players will chase you with a makarov or a hatchet, and instead of whiping his face off with a remmington, I have to try and lose him so I don't get the "HEY! KILL ME!" skin. I validate that my opinion may change with more game time though, but as of now, it's not fun being unarmed with a bandit skin that you didn't deserve, especially when it bugs on through multiple lives and humanity shifts.

• Like 1

I'm already having issues with humanity courtesy of people who refuse to talk or type.

specifically the guy I ran into, tried to offer help to but unfortunately had to kill because he ran at me with his AK pointed at me after two times of trying to speak with him. I knew he was there before he knew I was there so I tried to communicate, gave him plenty of time to respond.

Bam 2500 humanity lost because he ran off and a zombie finished him. Oh well.