zecele

Should 1 Hit Kill Sniper rifles be removed from DayZ.

Should 1 Hit Kill Sniper rifles be removed from DayZ.  

639 members have voted

1. 1. Should One hit Kill snipers be removed from DayZ

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

Lets focus on the important shit first. You know the bugs, dupes, and hacks first. I highly doubt it would be such a big deal once those issues are solved.

If you try and tell us it's hurting your gaming experience... Fuck off your testing not playing. /rant

the first part is what i was saying: when the cheats stop (at least the spawning / duping of gear), there will be a lot less snipers with those weapons, and they will think twice if they should use their precious ammo on random people who pose no threat to them.

on your second part: well, go play with yourself. ;)

edit:

In the real world, rifles like the AS50 are a pain in the ass to carry around, and are drastic overkill in any anti personel situation. The ammo is heavy and takes up a lot of space, and taking an accurate shot from any position but prone is A) wildly inaccurate at any signifigant range B ) painful. These rifles were designed to stop vehicles and heavily armored targets. Maybe if they tweaked the weapon's in game characteristics, it would reflect effectiveness more accurate to the real world, and you wouldn't see nearly as many people lugging anti-tank rifles to the top of the Cherno factories. .338 Lapua Magnum is about as big as the United States goes when it comes to killing humans, as anything bigger is usually huge and restrictive. In Arma, you are just as mobile with an AS50 as you are with an MP5.

good points!

Edited by spliff

well i like them and i don't even snipe... ever. the reason i like them is that they give you a sense of danger when you are going into a high traffic area. watch out guys there's probably snipers over that hill that could kill you before you know you're dead

In my opinion, the only thing that taking 1-shot sniper rifles from the game would accomplish is giving players a chance to combat log before the second shot. Some good shots would argue it's irrelevant because snipers get head shots, so it's 1-shot 1-kill anyways, but i think we all know there are players in this game who can't manage to snipe a pig 100 meters in front of them.

There's some shameful selfishness in these replies. Carebears and such like, do people forget it's our game too? If you're gong to compare snipers to the military and real life, are you actually aware how rare snipers are?

My opinion is keep the sniper rifles, put bands of zombies in the woods and let them be attracted by the huge report from these types of guns.

My man you are mistaken, it is very easy to get "military" grade weapons in ex soviet countries. Yes they cost alot and god forbid you are caught with them. Believe me Russia and the U.S have a surplus of guns and people willing to get them to you.

Gogster im a sniper but I can see how the game is better for all involved without the high end stuff. Canyou reply to my previous comments

"Gameplay with say, the CZ550 is much more enjoyable for all involved. Snipers have to up their game to get one hit kills and disable vehicles. Headshots, and hitting vehicle drivers etc. Generally when sniped by a CZ you are down, often unconscious and often with broken legs, you get a really scary few minutes where you have a chance to crawl away and patch yourself up. This is the sort of excitement that makes Dayz. From the attackers perspective they often then either have to close to finish the kill, or send in a team mate to do the job. This opens up the game play for the victims team mates. Both sides are drawn together , tactical options open up, risk on both sides goes up, but the encounter is also potentially longer and more interesting"

As far as I can see it's pretty obviously win win.

Edited by Strategos

They do need to be rarer but until it goes standalone this issue cannot be solved. Having snipers on electro hill is not a detrement anyway since looting the big cities are suppposed to be a major hot zone. So in theory its your own fault for putting your self at risk for what a chance at an average weapon which is pointless when you can flank the hill and sweep it and get geared from a sniper that simply loves to be shot in the back.

My man you are mistaken, it is very easy to get "military" grade weapons in ex soviet countries. Yes they cost alot and god forbid you are caught with them. Believe me Russia and the U.S have a surplus of guns and people willing to get them to you.

I'm not saying they're difficult to get, you barely need a hunting license to be able to get a fuckin' BFG in America. And sure, there are plenty of guns floating around both countries. But we're talking about Chernarus, some little smudge on the map of Eastern Europe. I'm assuming that a country whose biggest city doesn't even hit 100K wouldn't exactly be rife with the criminal element, and the people certainly aren't rich enough to want (or need) anti-material rifles.

They do need to be rarer but until it goes standalone this issue cannot be solved. Having snipers on electro hill is not a detrement anyway since looting the big cities are suppposed to be a major hot zone. So in theory its your own fault for putting your self at risk for what a chance at an average weapon which is pointless when you can flank the hill and sweep it and get geared from a sniper that simply loves to be shot in the back.

I agree that Cherno and Elektro should be dangerous hotspots of PvP. I like that natural evolution of play. But when there isn't actually anyone in the city, and twelve snipers up on the hill shooting people for no good reason, it kind of breaks the flow of play. The two cities almost seem like the tail end of the disaster, timeline wise, you know? Zombies everywhere, people frantically running through the streets, chaos, violence. Then as you head up north, the timeline segues to post-disaster. Or, at least, it should be that way. But in reality you crouch-run through those cities dodging rifle bullets fired from a mile away like it's some sort of training exercise. Edited by MoronToTheKore

>Did not read anything past page #1

To set this straight off i do not own any of these rifles because I simply prefer the versatility and easy to find ammunition for the M24, Deal with it. Now I have said this a million times in-game but Rocket has mentioned quite a few times that he enjoys the Arma 2 engine primarily for its realism and ability to get players batshit crazy on adrenaline, but with this realism comes its ugly side... Realistic weapons... The M107 and AS50 are simply part of the experience whether or not they are being dupe'd out of control or not.

Removing these guns all together is a "rage fix" that can easily be fixed simply by changing your play style or assaulting the problem head on. I do not care how you do it that is completely up to you.

Happy hunting

Voted other.

Keep them but make it much harder than the current point, click, boom bullshit. Any shot over 500m must take into account not only bullet drop but scope sway and wind. Maybe not realistic for the .50 cals crazy velocity but a better mechanic for gameplay IMO.

This is my only way to fight alt f4s. I find all my as50 the legit way also.

and

Voted other.

Keep them but make it much harder than the current point, click, boom bullshit. Any shot over 500m must take into account not only bullet drop but scope sway and wind. Maybe not realistic for the .50 cals crazy velocity but a better mechanic for gameplay IMO.

But don't headshots do the same thing? I mean yea it takes a while longer before lining up a good shot but still prevents alt-f4.

note lack of beans for the puzzy OP

the validity to the OPs thread is not measured in beans or by how many people agree with their post.

Edited by Orthus

Yes but its suppose to be a Zombie Survival Mod. You are not going to be killing zombies with a 50 Cal sniper. The M24 and DMR atleast require a bit of skill to get the headshot.

I do.

um some people love to snipe.... just think of it this way... u go to afganistan and ur in the military,, u see someone runnin across the way would u rather have some shitty sniper that doesnt do anything or a 50 cal that takes them out.. and if no 1 shot sniper then how u gonna take out the heli? 50 cal sniper is a heli downer stop qq more pew pew.. if u hate being sniped go get a sniper. period

um some people love to snipe.... just think of it this way... u go to afganistan and ur in the military,, u see someone runnin across the way would u rather have some shitty sniper that doesnt do anything or a 50 cal that takes them out.. and if no 1 shot sniper then how u gonna take out the heli? 50 cal sniper is a heli downer stop qq more pew pew.. if u hate being sniped go get a sniper. period

if that sniper only hits the enemies little finger with the sniper.... it wouldntk ill him, would it? i hope you get where im heading to...

Yes, remove 1 hit snipers. but keep headshots 1 kill.

No.

I think they're a no skill weapon but they shouldn't be removed. Duping should get fixed. That'll solve a lot of the problem. Hopefully the standalone will solve most of what's left of the problem after that.

No, go out and get shot by a 50cal round to see the reason why.

Voted other.

ACE mod does this, I don't know why ACE's infantry focused features aren't already in DayZ...

Edited by Dsi1

If anything, all sniper rifles should 1 hit kill, I dont care for the anti material stuff.

You are not supposed to survive a sniper rifle bullet, I dont care if it shoots gummybears.

I would agree on making them more rare, but it wont do much with all the duping going on

Edited by DancingBear

and the 1 shot kill to the center mass weapons should go, just to create a better dynamic in the game.

Really?

Would you let me shoot you center mass with my AR15 (M16) .223 or .308? I guaranty it will kill you with 1 shot...

I'm not taking about shooting you in the intestines, I'm taking about my military training shooting you in the upper chest. Besides in a world without doctors.. an intestinal shot would most likely be fatal... just very slowly. Bandaging internal bleeding doesn't do much.

What is messed up is that most weapons in this game DON'T kill with 1 hit. Is everyone wearing body armor? Body Armor should actually be rare not the Barret 50 cal.

And Zombies should only be brought down with head shots.

Every Walmart has AR15s

Every Academy Sports has them as well.

A zombie acopc in America... well guns and ammo would NOT be scarce.

.308s can kill you one shot center mass.

Can people survive center mass hits. Yes they can. Many people do, because of great doctors.

People survive HEADSHOTS because of great doctors. Look a Sen Giffords... amazing.

But we're talking about apoc, and there are no doctors and no hospitals staffed with trauma teams. Bandaging should not "heal" internal bleeding. Infection should be way more common from ANY wound.

Do I hate, hate, hate getting oneshotted? Yes.

Do I hate, hate, hate seeing people alt+F4 after my M14 round rips through their torso? Even more. Take out oneshot rifles after you put a 30 second timer on disconnects. Until then, they're the only way to snipe reliably.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Mawhinney

The M14 is a sniper rifle. Read that article. It is also a 1 shot kill.

LOL Absolutely not. If dean hall is trying to make DayZ as realistic as possible it wouldnt make any sense. In real life a .50 cal sniper will definetly kill you with 1 shot in the chest, because basicly most of your chest just isnt there afterwards.. even if you are hit in the leg, it will litterally take of your leg. and you would die from the bleeding very fast.

So imo no, dont remove 1 shot sniper kills.. atleast not from .50 cal because it would be lame otherwise. and if he removed the 1 shot kills, what should be removed next? the food and hydration system? because we cba to look for food?.

The snipers really isnt the problem in this game, if you think a bit tactical its quite easy to avoid getting sniped, for instance by always run where there is cover like woods etc. and if you on open ground, DONT stand still.. and definetly not run in a straight line, cause it will make it easier to time the shot. Instead run abit in a zig zagging pattern.. it makes it near impossible for the sniper to hit you.

If you are inside cities where there is alot of hills or buildings for snipers to hide, loot your stuff fast, and again try too loot behind cover etc.. so you aint look like a sitting duck. its all about being in motion tbh. if you aint standing still you make the job for the sniper atleast twice as hard..

I mostly uses these small "tips", or what you wanna call them. and its VERY rare i get shot by a sniper.. it happens relative often that a sniper shoots after me, but atleast 9/10 times they dont hit me once.

( sorry for all the spelling errors etc ) :D

LOL Absolutely not. If dean hall is trying to make DayZ as realistic as possible it wouldnt make any sense. In real life a .50 cal sniper will definetly kill you with 1 shot in the chest, because basicly most of your chest just isnt there afterwards.. even if you are hit in the leg, it will litterally take of your leg. and you would die from the bleeding very fast.

So imo no, dont remove 1 shot sniper kills.. atleast not from .50 cal because it would be lame otherwise. and if he removed the 1 shot kills, what should be removed next? the food and hydration system? because we cba to look for food?.

The snipers really isnt the problem in this game, if you think a bit tactical its quite easy to avoid getting sniped, for instance by always run where there is cover like woods etc. and if you on open ground, DONT stand still.. and definetly not run in a straight line, cause it will make it easier to time the shot. Instead run abit in a zig zagging pattern.. it makes it near impossible for the sniper to hit you.

If you are inside cities where there is alot of hills or buildings for snipers to hide, loot your stuff fast, and again try too loot behind cover etc.. so you aint look like a sitting duck. its all about being in motion tbh. if you aint standing still you make the job for the sniper atleast twice as hard..

I mostly uses these small "tips", or what you wanna call them. and its VERY rare i get shot by a sniper.. it happens relative often that a sniper shoots after me, but atleast 9/10 times they dont hit me once.

( sorry for all the spelling errors etc ) :D

But can't a m24,dmr, or even the CZ550 do the same anti-personal role as an AS50/M107?