Sign in to follow this  
BlueShock

when is the dayz standalone coming out?

Questions like these should be asked on reddit. Seems the only place to get direct up-to-date answers from rocket...

December 21st 2012.

It is the apocalypse after all.

That would be so brilliant to do that!! But later 2012 for sure

to me the answer that makes most sense is probably some time after ArmA3 comes out. as rocket is taking parts out of that engine and putting it into the standalone, bringing it out before then takes the attention away from the main game, there are probably different answers but to me that makes most sense

to me the answer that makes most sense is probably some time after ArmA3 comes out. as rocket is taking parts out of that engine and putting it into the standalone, bringing it out before then takes the attention away from the main game, there are probably different answers but to me that makes most sense

I don't think there will be a conflict between those two. I did hear the alpha will be out near October but maybe it just a rumor. I know that they can't create a game so fast, but BIS did all the hard work. Either way, it's a "must have" in my list.

Within two years probably. Tell yourself that and you will be happy when it comes early.

Confirmed it will be alpha by the end of this year. Gain access to alpha builds by buying it at a discount during the alpha stage (ala minecraft)

If it comes out with the same rampant cheating and exploiting we see in the mod it may not do as well as people think. At the moment we just accept that it happens, because after all it's a mod that is free. Paying customers will have less tolerance for such things, especially in a game that's supposed to have persistence.

The "but it's in alpha" argument won't fly when a million+ people buy this game. Minecraft was always in a very playable state in it's early stages of development, if they're going using the Minecraft model then people will have certain expectations.

If it comes out with the same rampant cheating and exploiting we see in the mod it may not do as well as people think. At the moment we just accept that it happens, because after all it's a mod that is free. Paying customers will have less tolerance for such things, especially in a game that's supposed to have persistence.

The "but it's in alpha" argument won't fly when a million+ people buy this game. Minecraft was always in a very playable state in it's early stages of development, if they're going using the Minecraft model then people will have certain expectations.

100% it'll be infested by cheaters, I predict that's what'll end DayZ.

Already the daily player number has dropped by about 40k.

Don't expect the standalone before mid 2013 either, release dates are NEVER met.