Sign in to follow this  
dekret

In-Game Group System

A group system available In-Game that enables you to create groups with other players or join existing groups. Each player can only join one group but can leave it at any time.

You can password protect (and name) your created group.

Two suggestions to create groups:

1#

You can only join or create a group if you're next to the target player

2#

You can choose from a list of existing groups or create a group with a player via the scroll menu.

Purpose:

Use of markers on the map only group members can see, VOIP in group channel, exchange of text messages in group channel. Overall better communication between group members without the need of third party software.

Risks:

-Exploit of public groups to hunt down player positions via UI-icons (only if group icons on user interface are enabled)

-Continious remarking of markers on the map for new group members

More suggestions appreciated.

the obvious point I'm maybe reading as a subtext here is having groups solve the problem of hour-long rendevous's. If the groups are exploit-resistant (i.e. no group-hopping), a spawn system can be made where-by group members can respawn in some proximity to their group. certain rules would apply like:

- must be member for # minutes

- # minutes between spawn-on-group is available again

- cannot spawn-on-group in certain areas or within proximity of other players/entities

- can only join a new group every # minutes

And while we are disturbed about the "group" that would be imparted to the tents were sychronizowane each server as statistics. In addition the A to be such a thing, that for example: if there are two tents and a bonfire is made ​​camp where the players are dead they can spawn a lot easier to play in the group (as in our 40 people :P ).

And while we are disturbed about the "group" that would be imparted to the tents were sychronizowane each server as statistics. In addition the A to be such a thing' date=' that for example: if there are two tents and a bonfire is made ​​camp where the players are dead they can spawn a lot easier to play in the group (as in our 40 people :P ).

[/quote']

My suggestion to this is account tied tents and spawned and despawned with it. You respawn within about 5km of it so its walkable back there.

Modded squad management works very well with PR Arma PR Squad Management Its auto alighned with the correct VON channels (final squad uses Group chat)

I have seen the life servers have this where no mod is even required have this feature. It is a gang joining feature and you can use the green group chat channel after you join a gang. Gangs can be locked by the gang creator. And unlocked to allow people to join.

Correct, every standard mission can infact have the squads preset in the slot screen.

The slot chosen, in the squad allows instant group chat.

A group system available In-Game that enables you to create groups with other players or join existing groups. Each player can only join one group but can leave it at any time.

You can password protect (and name) your created group.

Two suggestions to create groups:

1#

You can only join or create a group if you're next to the target player

2#

You can choose from a list of existing groups or create a group with a player via the scroll menu.

Purpose:

Use of markers on the map only group members can see' date=' VOIP in group channel, exchange of text messages in group channel. Overall better communication between group members without the need of third party software.

[b']Risks:

-Exploit of public groups to hunt down player positions via UI-icons (only if group icons on user interface are enabled)

-Continious remarking of markers on the map for new group members

More suggestions appreciated.

This is kinda along my idea of factions, albeit your idea is more ARMA styled, mine is more RPG styled...

I dont like the idea of being tracked on the map the entire time when im in a group where i dont fully trust people. Would be better to use gps tracking devices that you can drop or turn off and give a gps to the group leader.

These groups are really nescessary and this would be a good step towards the hideouts or campsites or gang hq, whatever you call them.

Clan warfare, in open terrain, without safe-zones, and uncontrollable variables.

This game is turning in to Eve Online...but with gameplay!

This idea has been in talk since the start of the mod and like a lot of suggestions which people have come up with we're going to work on it as the time comes. Like I keep saying we're still in Alpha and so are very unlikely to add features in until Beta (When it's meant to).

Just keep an eye out and I'm sure group management will be sorted out later on.

Groups would be sweet, as long as non-members can't see who's in the groups. It could be invite only or something like that.

I don't know, I feel as if group VON and map markers would ruin a lot of the atmosphere of the mod.

I kinda posted what I'd like to see with "Factions" in the mod. Group map markers would be a big nono, if you're going to do that, you should have to copy someone's map.

Group von would also be a big nono.

Sounds like a good idea. Just keep friendly fire on, and limit the total size of the groups. In many pieces of zombie fiction, larger groups of 20+ people rarely work out due to power struggles and such.

Also, we don't want people to be extradited because they are new to the game or whatever.

Just throwing this out there.

I don't think there should be any pointers or GUI showing where other members are. There should simply be a list of who in your group and their coordinates.

It would also be cool if groups could all have the same unique skin if/when skins are implemented.