Sign in to follow this  
Twist of Cain

*You were kicked off the game* error fix.

Last night I was having issues joining any/every server. Anytime I tried to connect, I would make into the lobby,but immediately kicked back out with a message saying, "You were kicked off the game". I did some research on the forums and noticed people were having similar problems. I did a little more searching and found a post from Poisonman a couple weeks ago with a solution that worked for me. Kudos to him for his solution. If you're having this problem, try it out.

Ok I found a fix for this.

What I did:

Go into your steam library, right click Arma 2 go to properties, Local Files, Verify Integrity, wait till it completes.

Do the same thing for Operation Arrowhead

Launch both games again like you did when you first installed to the main menu screen then you can exit

then right click OA again and launch combined operations to relink the games

then after your done with all that (doesn't take long)

you should be able to launch dayz again and join servers.

Worked for me

• Like 4

I kiss you! Googling "you were kicked off the game" got me here, and the lengthy file cache check did the trick! I wonder if some hacker fondled my files. Anyway, it worked for me and I'm happy to get my fix again! :D :D :D

Edited by Phineas

when i right click on ao after launching both arma 2 and arma 2 oa i dont see the option to launch combined operations

when i right click on ao after launching both arma 2 and arma 2 oa i dont see the option to launch combined operations

If you launch OA it runs as CO and starts the normal Arma 2 files up aswell

This solution assumes you have both Arma 2 and OA on Steam....