Tubzy

Bit more hardcore

Hey all, though this will not be a very popular suggestion, I'd like to see the game made a lot more difficult in term of finding gear.

To start-

Less rare weapon spawns

Less rare weapon ammo

Less medical supplies

The reason for this is that the 225 sq-km of the map seems pretty populated with pretty full on military equipment, i have very little difficulty spawning,

hitting a few loot spawns and i get an AK or an M4 with ammo to boot, not all that believable in an Apocalypse that there is going to tons of this stuff lying around. plus it would have probably already been looted.

Higher Z agro for firing weapons...

I could stand in a city all day popping Z's from a vantage with certain guns, unless the gun is suppressed you really should be avoiding firing it at all in dense areas, Z's and player should at least pose and equal threat, this would help give people an incentive to co-operate cos as it stands the game is pretty much PVP and the Z's are a minor annoyance.

Increased melee role

In response to the above changes increase the role and diversity of melee weapons, pipes, wrench, shovels, pitchforks would be more common place in a mainly rural environment such as this one.

Increased tolerance to hunger.

Increased tolerance to dehydration.

Seriously who gets hungry every 2 hours, rules of 3 you can survive 3 min without air, 3 days without water and 3 weeks without food. obliviously this would be ridiculous considering the physical and emotional stress you would be under in this situation, but a little more tolerance would be nice, this would also allow you to make food more rare and increase the trading aspect and increase the incentive for high risk bandit behavior.

This would add more depth to the game.

just a few but you get the drift.

• Like 3

this wouldnot make people want to trade more. instead it would make someone think ohhh i need need food bad. Oh i see a survivor i will kill him and take all his food and gear. it would not make them think, ohhh a survivor, i will trade my pistol for 1 can of food with him. then do the trade and the guy with the new pistol shots him and takes everything.

but eating every 2 hours is important for building muscle. :) but for these guys running around everywhere all day will require energy. wil make them hungry as wel but they would need plenty of sleep

Some aspects I like but the fact that loot should be more rare is going to make it possibly a tad too difficult especially seeming your talking about in a real zombie apocalypse it would already be looted, and yes it would so should we remove loot spawns and make it so you have to kill players to get the loot you need/want. In a real zombie apocalypse loot wouldn't magically respawn either but in Chenarus the reason why there is zombies is because its highly populated by evil pixies that made the population into zombies and loot respawn locations. The evil pixies made their own hunger games.

this wouldnot make people want to trade more. instead it would make someone think ohhh i need need food bad. Oh i see a survivor i will kill him and take all his food and gear. it would not make them think, ohhh a survivor, i will trade my pistol for 1 can of food with him. then do the trade and the guy with the new pistol shots him and takes everything.

but eating every 2 hours is important for building muscle. :) but for these guys running around everywhere all day will require energy. wil make them hungry as wel but they would need plenty of sleep

All valid points, but would you shoot him on the chance he has food or good gear if it meant you would get swamped by Z's cos you fired your weapon in open field, considering you probably wouldn't have enough ammo (because its harder to find) to fight off a horde of Z's and would die.

That's the kind of gaming I'm looking for. :)

in a real zombie Apocalypse people with a flashlight would not outlive soldiers with training, medical supplies and thousands in numbers.

the problem is people are not playing to survive in this game. people are not killing players for food. they are playing to PK (kill players) thats all people want to do now. if they wanted to survive the longest they would not take the risk of killing someone when they could get shot themselves.

Some aspects I like but the fact that loot should be more rare is going to make it possibly a tad too difficult especially seeming your talking about in a real zombie apocalypse it would already be looted, and yes it would so should we remove loot spawns and make it so you have to kill players to get the loot you need/want. In a real zombie apocalypse loot wouldn't magically respawn either but in Chenarus the reason why there is zombies is because its highly populated by evil pixies that made the population into zombies and loot respawn locations. The evil pixies made their own hunger games.

Yep, fair point the real Apocalypse analogy is over the top, i would just like to see the game evolve past, get guns shoot people, run through house to ditch the moronic Z's, loot people for more guns, repeat. anyone else?

• Like 1

All valid points, but would you shoot him on the chance he has food or good gear if it meant you would get swamped by Z's cos you fired your weapon in open field, considering you probably wouldn't have enough ammo (because its harder to find) to fight off a horde of Z's and would die.

That's the kind of gaming I'm looking for. :)

this is were its flawed. people have too much ammo. if they made less amo people still only need 1 round to kill a zombie. so killing somone for a kill count and not even looting hit body would be worth it for someone in cherno who attracts a heap of zombies, runs away to a building and lays downa and crawls away losing all agro

Yep, fair point the real Apocalypse analogy is over the top, i would just like to see the game evolve past, get guns shoot people, run through house to ditch the moronic Z's, loot people for more guns, repeat. anyone else?

agree. this is where we need objectives. quests. repairing a powerplant that will refine a factory to equip us with weapons or something. team play. or say we get a message on the screen saying an outpost is under attack by sombies. its for survivor or bandits to save the AI survivor. if you succeed the faction earns honour or something

I totally get that PVP is where the game is currently at, I'd just like to make it harder for people to play it that way, then maybe they'd try playing it a different way or they'd stop playing i guess...

Well thanks for the input, was just a suggestion.

• Like 1