horrgakx

Do you use Steam or DVD Retail version of ArmA2?

Do you use Steam or DVD Retail version of ArmA2  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Steam or DVD Retail version of ArmA2

• I use the STEAM version
    • I use the DVD RETAIL version

I've been following ArmA since its roots in Operation Flaspoint 11 years ago and I have all the DVD's including the expansions.

I know its popular on Steam now and I suspect that most Steam users have bought ArmA2 for the DayZ mod.

AMAZON VERSION

Erm, that'll still be a retail DVD version won't it?

Edited by Horrgakx

i was originally gonna buy a dvd retail version, but no stores nearby had it, so steam was the next best option.

The only reason I am able to play is because I had friends who gifted me the OA bundle on steam. The ironic part is, they all recently quit due to scripters but I keep plugging along.

DVD retail of Arma 2, OA, and Reinforcements.

I've been following ArmA since its roots in Operation Flaspoint 11 years ago and I have all the DVD's including the expansions.

I know its popular on Steam now and I suspect that most Steam users have bought ArmA2 for the DayZ mod.

Bought it on steam last year during the summer sale I think? Long before DayZ was announced

I bought it on Steam and I did indeed buy it for DayZ.

You may now feel smug and hipster at your leisure because you bought ArmA 2 before it was mainstream, but keep in mind that a lot of people like me have found that they enjoy the base game because of DayZ.

• Like 1

ARMA2 = Retail Disc the day the game came out

Operation Arrowhead = Steam version a few weeks after it released

British Armed Forces and Private Military Company = Steam version day they came out

Combined them to make combined Ops.

I dont use Six Updator or anything like that, I just do everything manually and load from steam.

Edited by kozzy