Nick Darnoc

Players should be able to get infected

It would be much more realistic if getting hit by a zombie enough to bleed would cause you to become infected, upon infection you would need to find several components to a cure within 24 hours or you die and become a zombie (You don't play as a zombie, you just die). It would also be important to make it so administering the cure requires another player, like a blood transfusion.

I'm not sure what the components should be, but perhaps they should only be accessible to infected players and incredibly rare.

If this were the case bandits may be less likely to fire at another survivor in a town because all it takes is one hit and your infected, making the game much more realistic.

Guest ragequitalready

Edited by ragequitalready

Many people say how they love this mod for it's difficulty, but to me zombies are kind of a joke. I have never once worried about dying from a zombie, and have only really only been killed by a zombie once, the other six times was another player. This could turn the game back into what it was intended to be, a zombie survival horror, not a game where the only fear you have is another player.

Am I missing something here (a bit off topic) but this topic has received 2200 views and was posted at 10:43 am today.

Guest ragequitalready

This could turn the game back into what it was intended to be' date=' a zombie survival horror, not a game where the only fear you have is another player.[/quote']Where did you read/hear that?
In a realistic zombie apocalypse surviving on your own would be way more difficult and most likely end your death.
What is your survival time record?

The game being more difficult would encourage more group play, and less deathmatching. In a realistic zombie apocalypse surviving on your own would be way more difficult and most likely end your death.

I should not be able to survive on my own so easily.

This is from DayZ's home page,

"A 225 km2 open world post-soviet state and one of the areas hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few who have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population, now infected with the disease."

My longest life was Day 4 I believe, That is a little more than what I average per character.

It would be much more realistic if getting hit by a zombie enough to bleed would cause you to become infected' date=' upon infection you would need to find several components to a cure within 24 hours or you die and become a zombie (You don't play as a zombie, you just die). It would also be important to make it so administering the cure requires another player, like a blood transfusion.

I'm not sure what the components should be, but perhaps they should only be accessible to infected players and incredibly rare.

If this were the case bandits may be less likely to fire at another survivor in a town because all it takes is one hit and your infected, making the game much more realistic.

[/quote']

In some interview Rocket mentioned that you are immune to the virus this is why you are called 'survivor'. You cannot be infected.

Guest ragequitalready

In a realistic zombie apocalypse surviving on your own would be way more difficult and most likely end your death.

If I frequent those cities my avg. life is 2-3 days. I've been up mostly north and my current life is 9 Days

Only one of my deaths has been in any of the major coastal cities.

Ok, i dun goofed. That text really is misleading.

I find zombies easy myself most of the time. But i think that players are supposed to be the real threat as they have firearms and intelligence.

I agree with you on players being more deadly, and they still would be this is hardly about making them any less dangerous. I only think the zombies are much to weak, I could sprint through a major city full of zombies attract a horde and on my own simply walk into a building and kill every single one no problem. If it is so easy, why is there even an apocalypse in the first place?