Sign in to follow this  
MrYoubs

Getting a sniper Rifle.

I will paraphrase rather than writing a paragraph due to my current state of, well, *sighhhh*

Spent hours chilling, gearing, sneaking, collecting, exploring, helping, fighting, meeting friends, staying alive, roleplaying (to a very limited degree albeit) etcetcetc.

Finally find a bicycle.

Headed north.

Checked Deer Stands.

Checked airfield between Cherno and Balota 1000000000000000 times.

Made it to airfield.

Began SUPER evasive sneak around border after checking left barracks, over to the right hangers.

Got shot in head.

Surely there is a quicker/easier way? it doesnt have to be amazing, i just want a decent basic sniper rifle. Any tips before i shoot myself with a nail gun?

• Like 1

1) Go to a barn.

2) Pick up CZ rifle.

3) ?????

4) Profit

If you want a high tier sniper rifle then you need to keep checking military spawns. Airstrips, deer stands, fire stations and the tents in cities.

Lol, Heli crash sites found in random open fields are probably the best, deer stands and the barracks also, if your heading to the barracks, maybe try sticking to a low populated server.

• Like 1

1)find lee enfield

2) go to populated sever

3) go to cherno/elektro hills

4)???

5)profit

• Like 1

2) Pick up CZ rifle.

Where can i find one?

Also - even barns in lower bits of the map? ie around cherno/elektro?

• Like 1

Not seen a heli crash yet... hmmm:/ + what is "pking"?

• Like 1

Hello

What worked for me best is checking the north for survivor camps. It is the lowest risk, highest reward way of getting any good gear so far in my experience.

Just get yourself a hatchet, a hunting knife, a box of matches and two water bottles, as well as a map and a compass, then head north past the Airfield.

The map in the game covers a larger area than what you see on DayZDB and there are some pretty nice patches of trees that are grouped closely together. Most survivors like those to hide their tents in.

Heli crash sites are the next best, unless you want to do player killing ("pking"), which is higher risk and the success chance depends highly on your skill with whatever gun you have and your luck to meet a survivor who is in possession of a sniper rifle.

You can also go to the Airfield and start server hopping to servers that have a low population or are even empty, but in my opinion excessive server hopping is kind of lame and it still won't guarantee that you get a sniper rifle as there's a lot of different stuff that spawns on airfields.

Barns have spawned me a CZ550 only once and I used to search them like a crazy person, but maybe I was just unlucky.

Hope that helps and good luck with your search!

• Like 2

If you get any other high end gear just come on the forum and offer a trade.

P.S - Also, the advice about finding camps up north is the way forward. Most of the gear I have at the moment is stolen from other camps ;)

Edited by Fraggle

Hello

What worked for me best is checking the north for survivor camps. It is the lowest risk, highest reward way of getting any good gear so far in my experience.

Just get yourself a hatchet, a hunting knife, a box of matches and two water bottles, as well as a map and a compass, then head north past the Airfield.

The map in the game covers a larger area than what you see on DayZDB and there are some pretty nice patches of trees that are grouped closely together. Most survivors like those to hide their tents in.

Heli crash sites are the next best, unless you want to do player killing ("pking"), which is higher risk and the success chance depends highly on your skill with whatever gun you have and your luck to meet a survivor who is in possession of a sniper rifle.

You can also go to the Airfield and start server hopping to servers that have a low population or are even empty, but in my opinion excessive server hopping is kind of lame and it still won't guarantee that you get a sniper rifle as there's a lot of different stuff that spawns on airfields.

Barns have spawned me a CZ550 only once and I used to search them like a crazy person, but maybe I was just unlucky.

Hope that helps and good luck with your search!

Thank you very much, so it's still a trip up north then :/ oh well :)!

I found a CZ550 in a pickup truck by a barn. Really the only things to do are server hop or just keep looking. Also most people don't know about these but there are castles with good loot so look for those. Or become a hacker....

• Like 1

Keep checking barns/warehouses and some industrial buildings these all spawn CZ's which is a good start, apart from the barracks if your lucky you may be able to find a DMR in deerstands or a firestation.

Edited by Luke688

crashed helis for the higher tier, deerstands with luck all airfields, but higher chance nw one. for the lowest 2 the cz from a barn and ofcourse the lee enfield aka dinerbell. But best luck is finding it in a bandit/clan camp. But those are fairly guarded sometimes

Where can i find one?

CZ 550 is no frills but a perfectly decent rifle. AFAIK you can pick it up in any barn, so it has the added bonus of being collectible in low-traffic areas. Ammo is plentiful too and can be found on zeds. I had a lot of fun with mine until my friend Alice got hungry one afternoon.

Edited by kander

Not seen a heli crash yet... hmmm:/ + what is "pking"?

Well make your way up north and PKing=PlayerKilling

I have played DayZ for about a week now and I have never found any sniper rifle so far in a loot spot. I did come across a DMR on a player body somewhere. I found lots of other weapons though: M14 AIM (don't want to call it a sniper rifle because of the RDS), M4A3 CCO (lost it as I died when spawning on the beach with a player nearby), FN FAL (tossed it), AK Cobra (left it untouched), MP5SD6 (lost it at the beach earlier), M9 SD (ran out of ammo and probably tossed it) and a M249 SAW at a helicopter crash site (it got eaten by my backpack, my bad).

Edited by Treehugger

Where can i find one?

Barns, deer stands.

You will find one eventually if you look in places like that.

I got lucky with the CZ rifle. It was in a deer stand. It was perfect for what I wanted it for, but out of 1000+ deer stands and/or barns I hit, I only ever found one.

Oh well.

It does the trick just fine. Cows, Zombies, and other players with the temerity to take silly risks like fighting the one other person who can help them in a zombie apocalypse all go down nice and quietly with it.

I got my last sniper rifle at a heli crash. After going to numerous deer stands and raiding stary sober and the NW airfield multiple times.

I got really lucky though because I found a heli crash and while I was sneaking up to it I must have aggro'd and while I was killing the zeds arma crashed on me. I couldn't remember the server I was on so I got into a random one and there was another heli crash about 500 meters away.

The sniper I had before this I found at the very first deer stand that I visited then a few days later I spawned in passed out with broken bones and bleeding.

Edited by Shikhee