hunter2123

"Can only ban confirmed hackers"

So on a serious note Rocket, how do you expect us to ban 'confirmed hackers' that have a bypass so nothing shows up in logs?

& How is standalone gonna be hacker free if you still use CuntEye?

I see DayZ going downhill....

• Like 2

Well i think the standalone is going to be awsome, So howabout you wait until the actual game is released before saying that it won't be hacker free.

What are you on about?

Aside from the problems this morning (see other topics) I see plenty of hackers scripts in the log files and I ban them daily.

BattlEye isn't the problem, the game is designed to allow scripting by the client, that can be changed in standalone. I would be pretty disappointed if admins were banning people without confirming they were the one cheating first, logs seem to be catching a lot of them on our server, five in the last couple of hours.

Edited by smasht_AU

Doesn't matter if your logs catch the hackers, they'll find a way to get you back regardless.

Just have a look at the US 401 thread on the Server Reporting forum. I ban some people for using a teleport hack....and a couple days later our entire server is wrecked by metagaming and bullshit.

Tired of this fucking community, tired of the people that play this game, tired of Rocket and his completely disinterested attitude in regards to attempting to close the fucking holes in his system that make the metagaming so destructive. Tired of the fucking forum admins that treat every goddamn server administrator like a fucking unhanged criminal while babypowdering the asses of players that make complaints without even bothering to assume that maybe the players are fucking HACKERS cause it seems like every time the hacks stop working 70% of the people that play "find something else to do" for a couple days.

All I can say is if this is the way the standalone is going to be run, I'm not fucking buying it, and I'm not paying for a server for it.

Edited by semipr0
  • Like 9

It may seem that way, but I have seen a distinct crop in cheats on our servers since banning the script runners. Personally I think the BE bypass is a myth to present a hopeless situation.

BE needs its own self-checks, a MD5 hash or something like a public-private key set that decrypts itself.

Edited by disorder

BE needs its own self-checks, a MD5 hash or something like a public-private key set that decrypts itself.

I would be very surprised if it doesn't.

The biggest let down, for me, is the lack of admin available custom checks.

BE Bypasses aren't a myth I've found them. They are out there.

I'm sure you're forwarding them to BE so they can be added to the checks?

Yes, I am, for all the good its doing.

There's no quick fix to anti-cheat methods, every file has to be verified multiple times to ensure it is picked up correctly.

Good work :thumbsup:

The big problem with the bypasses are, a certain website that you pay for said bypass has gotten almost no one banned for it (I watch the site) I'm thinking about paying for it just to forward it to BE. But if someone has a bypass NOTHING comes up in logs.

Just ban them. Who cares. If you get blacklisted, at least you tried to take care of your community.

• Like 2

Just ban them. Who cares. If you get blacklisted, at least you tried to take care of your community.

Though this is smart, then we wasted money on a server only to get blacklisted because Rocket's rules are fucking retarded.

Though this is smart, then we wasted money on a server only to get blacklisted because Rocket's rules are fucking retarded.

I've been banning people for almost 3 weeks now and haven't been blacklisted. With the ridiculous amount of hackers plaguing this game, if they start blacklisting servers for defending themselves, they'll have a huge problem with hosts on their hands. I'd rather have people on my server then it being empty because it's being hacked. It goes two ways. Get blacklisted and you're wasting money, do nothing and have an empty server and you're wasting money.

Edited by Lith
  • Like 2

I've been banning people for almost 3 weeks now and haven't been blacklisted. With the ridiculous amount of hackers plaguing this game, if they start blacklisting servers for defending themselves, they'll have a huge problem with hosts on their hands. I'd rather have people on my server then it being empty because it's being hacked. It goes two ways. Get blacklisted and you're wasting money, do nothing and have an empty server and you're wasting money.

At this point, it's turned into hosting a DayZ server is a waste of money...

• Like 2

we are renting a server and it is a shame that we do not have control over who plays and who doesn't.

we are being hacked 3 - 4 times a day and are told that we have to have proof before we can ban anyone. THATS BS!!!!! We are paying to play the game and we should have the power to ban who we think are hacking.. If all our players log off and there are 2 or 3 left in the game thats their problem as far as we are concerned. We don't want a global ban just control of our server.

• Like 1

Doesn't matter if your logs catch the hackers, they'll find a way to get you back regardless.

Just have a look at the US 401 thread on the Server Reporting forum. I ban some people for using a teleport hack....and a couple days later our entire server is wrecked by metagaming and bullshit.

Tired of this fucking community, tired of the people that play this game, tired of Rocket and his completely disinterested attitude in regards to attempting to close the fucking holes in his system that make the metagaming so destructive. Tired of the fucking forum admins that treat every goddamn server administrator like a fucking unhanged criminal while babypowdering the asses of players that make complaints without even bothering to assume that maybe the players are fucking HACKERS cause it seems like every time the hacks stop working 70% of the people that play "find something else to do" for a couple days.

All I can say is if this is the way the standalone is going to be run, I'm not fucking buying it, and I'm not paying for a server for it.

Just wait for WarZ... Honestly DayZ is fucked when that comes out, this community is not the best not member wise but the admins and mods, and all these massive rules are just down right stupid as shit.

• Like 1

The so called retarded rules were agreed to by anyone that decided to run a server so why complain about them after agreeing to it?you either figure you can/or should have the power to break the rules?you did read them, right?

Edited by Bushman