Sign in to follow this  
Littlenorwegians

Misfire. It might just end your life.

Right. Consider this a PSA. So I spawned with NO gear. None at all and I am in the forest next to the barren lands.

When suddenly I happen upon this guy and a jump and meet him with a salute and nearly get my head taken off.

He helps me, real cool guy. Though I started with nothing I soon have food, meds, and a Enfield rifle with 8 mags. Also, we get a second companion and we are unstoppable.

We do things with stealth. We seldom need to fight zombies, but when we do, we do it well.

And then, we enter a house and we find a backback. Alice. I have the lamest backback. So it's Ok for me to take it. By accident, my friend crawls in front of the backpack and my mouse-wheel menu disappears just as I click the botton.

BANG! My friend explodes from the bullet and I immediatley try to bandage him only to be met with the biggest amount of zombies I HAVE EVER SEEN. Our other mate dies too and I die as I type "I am sorry" in the chat over and over as I slowly die.

So yeah, you survivors out there with friends. Check your fire. Always.

Incompetent people who means you well?

More dangerous than any bandit. :D

I use the enter key for my menu actions and if I alt-tab out of the game, I always open the G(Gear) menu, to make sure I don't fire off a round when I reenter the game. Also alt-tab to get back into the game, do not left click on the minimized game, because you'll reveal your position or shoot your buddy Jimmy.

You should treat ArmA firearms as you do real fire arms:

-Treat all weapons as if they were loaded at all times.

-Never point your weapon at something, you're not willing to destroy.

(lower your weapon 2xleft Ctrl, everytime you are face to face with a friendly)

-Be sure of your target and know what's behind it.

-Keep your finger off the left mouse button, untill your sights are on target.

Though I started with nothing I soon have food' date=' meds, and a Enfield rifle with 8 mags.

[/quote']

Enfield? Do you mean that "HI ZOMBIES I'M HERE" gun?

Incompetent people who means you well?

More dangerous than any bandit. :D

I use the enter key for my menu actions and if I alt-tab out of the game' date=' I always open the G(Gear) menu, to make sure I don't fire off a round when I reenter the game. Also alt-tab to get back into the game, do not left click on the minimized game, because you'll reveal your position or shoot your buddy Jimmy.

You should treat ArmA firearms as you do real fire arms:

-Treat all weapons as if they were loaded at all times.

-Never point your weapon at something, you're not willing to destroy.

(lower your weapon 2xleft Ctrl, everytime you are face to face with a friendly)

-Be sure of your target and know what's behind it.

-Keep your finger off the left mouse button, untill your sights are on target.

[/quote']

In my defense, he walked into my sight but one can never be too careful.

That much is true. Which is why I made this little PSA. Because it's a funny tale, but has a moral to it.

He would have made it too, if it weren't for it being in the middle of a town and I fired an Enfield. :P

Though I started with nothing I soon have food' date=' meds, and a Enfield rifle with 8 mags.

[/quote']

Enfield? Do you mean that "HI ZOMBIES I'M HERE" gun?

Yes. But I never really fired the damn thing.

This would not have happend, if you had double-tap your left-CTRL to lower your gun.

Middle-mouse safety is king.

Yeah use the middle mouse button.

If you use the left you're just asking for trouble.

I was playing once and there were two groups of ~10 survivors each having a standoff over a helicopter. They were in the middle of discussing whether or not they were going to have to kill each other over who gets it when shit goes down.

Leading to about 15 casualties total from what I could tell. Judging from the discussion after the fight? It all started because one guy misfired.

Then again the fight was probably going to happen sooner or later, he just helped speed it along lol.

On a similar note...

For those who have yet to experience it, be very careful when alt-tabbing out to check a webpage etc.

I lost my character of 4 days (M4 CCO, 1911, blood bags, etc etc etc) last night due to an alt+tab accident.

I left clicked the game to jump back in, and found myself firing a single 1911 round into the air, problem was I had been sneaking along the outskirts of a town at the time.

Queue me running for my life and firing wildly at the ever expanding zombie menace surrounding me.

I died, bleeding out, sandwiched between a fence and a shrubbery.

Vile weed.

That's happened to me before, discharging a weapon when I meant to open my pack or take another action.

I've been lucky so far not to kill anyone else with out though.

So far...